8 replies to this topic

#1 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Looked at both, and I have to say, the extcy brings the crossover competition. Not interested in buying either, just want to see your guy's thoughts.
I am a raccoon.

#2 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Looked at both, and I have to say, the extcy brings the crossover competition. Not interested in buying either, just want to see your guy's thoughts.

Honestly, there are a lot of similarities but they are marketed to different types of players.

The crossover is: more efficient, easier to maintain, and battery optional.

The eXTCy is: more adjustable, faster, has more color options, has a longer 14" barrel, and has an on/off ASA.

I think the smoothness is about a wash, both have an adjustable feedneck, both have non-standard barrel threads. I couldn't speak to the weight difference or ergonomics, but my bias would point to the Tippmann having the advantage in both weight and feel to hold.

The big thing is I don't know that I'd say they are $180 different markers, unless the eXTCy has some really terrible reliability that I don't know about.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Extcy would be better if you're looking at the two markers as electros. But the crossover is muchnlike an emag, which I considered to be a great mechanical marker with that backup electro mode just in case. The extcy I feel to be much nicer due you paying for what you get, unlike the crossover.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

The Crossover looks overall like a solid gun, but I think it's priced a bit high. I would take an Extcy over it though. Not because of markers itself ,but the companies, it annoys me that there are essentially three(98 inline, a5 with cyclone, x7 flexvalve) operating systems for Tippmann's guns, two of which are at least ten years old tech. They only really upgrade the bodies. My point is they don't really advance the industry so if you think about it at that kind of level I'd go with a GOG.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

The only system I agree with and would be willing to get would be anything that uses the X7 flexvalve system, for the sole purpose that it accomplish 2 of my goals in paintball:
Owning an EMag
Owning a tacticool marker

Plus, as a mech, they shoot rather nice.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 UndeadClown

UndeadClown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

I would pick up a used Crossover between the two, unless your only going to play once or twice a year.

#7 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Once again, not interested in buying either, just wanted to see everyone's thoughts. Thanks for the input anyway though, I've seen some good points.
I am a raccoon.

#8 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

If you think of the Crossover as a mech with electro capabilities, it's worth the buy.
But if you look at it as an electro, it's overpriced.

Go Extcy.

#9 TheGunTech

TheGunTech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Extcy, unless the thought of modern automags gives you wet dreams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users