Photo

AXE Best Tournament Marker In Price Range?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ckenney12

ckenney12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

so i was looking to getting into some D6 tournaments and local tournaments for a little bit more of a challenge. i was looking at the Empire AXE and i am pretty commited on getting it, but before i do i wanted to know if there are any other markers that are noticebly better than the AXE. the most i wanted to spend on my next gun would be $650. i was going to wait for the J4 and Vanquish to come out before i buy just to see if its worth the extra money. ALSO I DO NOT WANT A USED MARKER

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

They have a D6? Honestly it's all preference, I would have no problem shooting an axe over a high end... Make sure you go to a local shop and feel it I'm your hands before you buy it.

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Well, the J4 marker is not supposed to be released for a while, and the Vanquish is going to be over $1000. That being said, the Axe is a great marker for the price, and I would recommend it. Other markers to look at would be the Drone DX, if you want a spool, or the Alien Invasion.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 ckenney12

ckenney12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

They have a D6? Honestly it's all preference, I would have no problem shooting an axe over a high end... Make sure you go to a local shop and feel it I'm your hands before you buy it.

ya down in the EPL they require you to play in D6 before D5 for 3man teams, if i could find more people 5 man only starts at D5

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

In all honesty you don't need an axe to win these type of tourneys (or any tourneys period) , won 3rd using mini, won 2nd using everything from eteks to g6rs. Seriously PUMP teams have placed on the podium with these 5man and 3 man rookie tourneys.

Also the vanquish and the STS maybe at the higher end of the market ($800+)

Edited by get.lit.up!, 21 February 2013 - 07:31 PM.

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Id rather get a used vice

#7 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

If your set on new it's likely the best in that price range. It's all dependent on what you want though, the etek4 isn't bad, the drones are really nice too. Honestly everything in that price range will be fine for tournaments, when you pay any more your really only getting some extra bells and whisles, oled screen, smoother shot, etc, on the field performance will be nearly identical.

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#8 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I ordered a drone because I prefer spools and the ergos. The axe is a great marker though, just not my style.

#9 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

I love mine, great shooting marker.

#10 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well, the J4 marker is not supposed to be released for a while, and the Vanquish is going to be over $1000. That being said, the Axe is a great marker for the price, and I would recommend it. Other markers to look at would be the Drone DX, if you want a spool, or the Alien Invasion.

This.

The Axe is great - has a wonderful trigger. If you happen not to like the look of the foregrip or the feel of it when holding it, the Drone DX and Alien Invasion are similarly priced markers that will perform above the range. The Drone DX is pretty wonderful but doesn't have the best trigger. The Alien Invasion also has a great trigger and funky ergonomics like the Axe. Those are really the 3 markers I'd highly recommend in the price range - pick the one you like best and enjoy.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#11 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

alien invasion is also a competitor in that price range and is under 650

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#12 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Drone DX because psp issues are fixed and MacDev is kewl. not any people have a drone compared to an axe and i like the lesser used choices but thats just me.

Lulzjustacat.png

#13 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Still think the axe beats the etek 4, and that over the drone. Yes I have shot those 3 markers. To be fair the trigger in the drone may not have been set up to my liking.

Personally I run an axe with a mini backup, tells you how much I like the mini/axe platform
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#14 SAHeatpb

SAHeatpb

Yeah let's go with this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Axe is probably one of my all time favorite guns, it is (in my opinion) the better gun out of the ones you listed. Has a wonderful trigger, easy maintenance, and I believe the newer axes come with a shock wave board. I just got mine in the mail last week and I absolutely love it. The only thing I'm planning to upgrade is the barrel. It comes stock with a 12 inch barrel which is kind of on the short side. But other than that it is absolutely solid for the price range it's set at.

#15 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

For the price the Axe may very well be the best gun on the market... In my opinion. It's easy to maintain and live with and does anything you could want it to. It has a good amount of upgrades that are great to have but not needed for it to be a fantastic marker. It's durable and easy to fall in love with.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#16 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

I would say the Alien Invasion is the best in that price range! It shoots like a high end but for $500. Also its very low maintenance.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#17 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

ya down in the EPL they require you to play in D6 before D5 for 3man teams, if i could find more people 5 man only starts at D5

Weird, in SoCal that would be D5. Although in SoCal, most tournaments above young guns is just D4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users