• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hey guys im getting my first ever speedball style gun, (Had a 98c). I was originally planning on getting the GoG eXTCy but im now considering the Dangerous Power G4 for only the additional $30. So I have a few pretty simple questions, 1. Which marker gives you better performance? 2. I hear that the G4 had alot of technical problems, have these been worked out in later markers? Im not really "good" with fixing/disassembling markers so ideally id like to have a easy to maintain marker. Thanks guys. :)

#2 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

id go g5, the G4's out of box issues are not for the faint of heart. I own one now with all the bugs worked out, and it wasnt easy. The g5 is supposed to fix those issues and have some minute upgrades. The G5's board is great imo but its small in the hands.

Overall i loved my g4 after i got it working, but for you i would recommend the eXTCy. More reliable and cheap. Just get the blackheart board with it for the love of god. Not sure on the g5's reliability so maybe someone else could respond to that.

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#3 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Thanks alot. I think the g5 is a little out of my price range, the g4 looks soooo much better then the eXTCy. Lmfao but thanks

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

It isnt, its louder and kickier, with near the same efficiency. The extcy comesbstock with the blackheart.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Thanks alot. I think the g5 is a little out of my price range, the g4 looks soooo much better then the eXTCy. Lmfao but thanks

in that case you will be much happier with the eXTCy. Its actually a good thing because there are lots of people on here that have/had them with good knowledge.

Current Setup:
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#6 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

get the extcy. It shoots really nice and is overall great for its price. G4s are known to have out of box issues.

#7 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Is the eXTCy considered mid range? or Beginner?

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Well does it matter? Anyways, I feel it is more low mid end, but mid range nevertheless.

#9 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

i consider any electro mid end.

Current Setup:
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#10 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Not that it probably matters to you. but I have the G5 and its been working great :) It's a bit small, but for me, it feels great. Only thing, the LED for the board is a bit dim, not bad enough to where you can't see it, but brighter would be nicer. Other than that, it shoots great, and no issues so far :)

EDIT: The G4 is on sale for $270 on ANS now..... Only for the frost colorsanyway but if thats what you like...

Edited by QuickLime, 24 February 2013 - 10:07 PM.

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Not that it probably matters to you. but I have the G5 and its been working great :) It's a bit small, but for me, it feels great. Only thing, the LED for the board is a bit dim, not bad enough to where you can't see it, but brighter would be nicer. Other than that, it shoots great, and no issues so far :)

EDIT: The G4 is on sale for $270 on ANS now..... Only for the frost colorsanyway but if thats what you like...

I was so tempted to drop my 300 dollar paintball budget for an actual, true white gun, specifically that one, but then I didnt. I wear all white for everything, and a white electro would complete me, because if I use a gun, itd have to be my enmey, which doesnt do well against the pros.

#12 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

You dont think that with the later models perhaps the problems have been fixed? And is a fully working G4 better then the extcy?

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

You dont think that with the later models perhaps the problems have been fixed? And is a fully working G4 better then the extcy?

Well I doubt it, but even then, the engine sucks. I absolutely adore the features on the DP G series, and have been for a while, but every time I go to the field and shoot a guy's one to confirm that I want it, I can't get over its terrible shot quality. Sure, the leaking and the bolt stick can be fixed, but the thing is louder than most markers just by the way the dump valve works, and it's also inefficient on air. Compared to an extcy, the only advantage the G4/G5 has over it is that it has more aluminum and thus more colors. The extcy is well worth it, and shoots much nicer, and comes with nice features. You won't be disappointed in it, nor will you regret the buy.

#14 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Yea I was hoping maybe itd work out just cuz i personally think the G4 looks pretty badass. But thanks for the help, Ill be sure to order ky extcy ASAP. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users