• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jay6

Jay6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Well one day after just getting his new 2011 tippmann A-5 a week before, he brings his spare o rings kit, lube, and Alan keys out with him to his friends developing field without any way to keep them from going missing, such as a plastic bag in the glove compartment of his truck, and yes here not, he looses the damn thing,
Now that all that shits gone I have to ask what lube is best for the A-5 and approved by tippmann that if there is something faulty it doesn't destroy the warranty? I'm not much for paying over a keyboard mouse and screen and the last I checked the nearest retail paintball store hat no lube labelled "tippmann"
So I'm thinking either hater sauce or Dow 33, I asked my brother himself and he said 33, just for confirmation I would like to know.

Oh and as well how well Would you say a 48 3 HPA tank works on something like a mechanical stock a-5?

#2 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

HPA will do wonders if you are now using co2. 48/3000 steelie tanks are not exactly recommended since they are heavier than say a 68/4500 and you get less shots of a 48/3000.

Correct me if im wrong but i think you are supposed to use oil in the A-5 and not grease.

o8qo.jpg

#3 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Yeah most any light synthetic machine oil works great on Tippmanns. Personally have always used Hopps 9 Gun oil. My one tippmann has been going strong for 14years with reg maintence with that oil.

And HPA is far better then Co2 for Consistency and safety. Though I would not recommend a 48/3000 tank as the a5 is a bit of a gas hog and the 48/3000 would only net you around 450 shots or so. If ya can afford it a 68/4500 would offer you far better shot count (about same as a 20oz Co2 1000 shots or so). It will Also be lighter than the 48/3000. If you must get a cheaper tank than at least opt for a 62/3000 or a 72/3000 as they will get you much more shot capacity.

Edited by TinyBear, 22 February 2013 - 07:55 AM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#4 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

If you don't have any gun oil, you can always use some lightweight air tool oil. It works good too.

#5 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

nutella

or gun oil, god cup works fine
but it wont taste as good
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#6 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

I know you said you didn't want to order online ,but Tippmann does have their own lube on there website.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#7 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Extreme Rage has gun oil that works wonders on the A5.

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

#8 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Any oil thick paintball lube will do the trick

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users