10 replies to this topic

#1 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I've noticed that the NPPL has gotten a LOT of hate, because teams have been pulling out of the league and people having been calling the format a joke and all this other crap that i think is silly. Anyway, I've only been into paintball for a year and I'm a little new to the leagues (no I dont play in them) and I think I saw something about PSP and NPPL splitting up a while ago. If that's true, the leagues won't want to combine, but one could buy the other.This way all of the events are under one league and format, and then more teams could palay against each other. IMO, it's a great idea, but I want to see what you guys think.
I am a raccoon.

#2 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Or one league could die and nobody has to pay money.

I love you.

#3 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Here is why that would never happen-

The PSP is owned 90% by Dave "Youngblood" Deehan
The NPPL is owned by over a dozen teams, who all paid in $10,000 (not exactly sure the figure) to own an share in it

So if the PSP buys the NPPL... what happens to the company shares of the existing teams that bought into the NPPL?

That's the problem

#4 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

i don't think they were ever the same league, but i think PSP scheduling their event at the same time as NPPL did is like a challenge, and PSP knew they would win. i can't think of a team that dropped PSP to play NPPL this year but apparently 4 pro teams dropped NPPL to play PSP

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#5 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I mean with the NPPL shrinking is there any possibility it will just fold? I mean a TON of teams are pulling out so I mean without the teams support and with PSP starting to put events the same day as NPPL what else could be the outcome?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

^^^ what's wrong with being small and profitable?

#7 *Anthony*

*Anthony*

It's all about the []_[]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Here is why that would never happen-

The PSP is owned 90% by Dave "Youngblood" Deehan
The NPPL is owned by over a dozen teams, who all paid in $10,000 (not exactly sure the figure) to own an share in it

So if the PSP buys the NPPL... what happens to the company shares of the existing teams that bought into the NPPL?

That's the problem

same thing that happens in a corporate buyout..... theyre compensated based on what they owned and the psp now owns all the shares

#8 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Here's a quick little fact I picked up. Just did the math, and the PSP has already made $319,300 off of entry, and if all the teams that signed up pay PSP will make $378,400 just from Dallas. Considering that PSP already has all of their bunkers and air compressors and have hopefully rented out the field for the event already, this should be plenty enough to make the league bigger, pay the refs, and offer larger prize money for the players.The money obviously isn't the problem, it's the stands. To a lot of people, paintball is a crappy spectator sport. My solution? Cameras. Put them everywhere. Barrel cams, head cams, put them under the bunkers for all I care, just make it so that people can see what's going on here. Back on topic, what I'm getting out of this is that the leagues wouldn't buy one another out because a:it's too expensive for either one to do, and b: what would we do with the shares the NPPL teams own? Well, it's pretty simple. Like *Anthony* said, it would be like a corporate buyout, the teams would be compensated their amount. The only 2 things preventing this from happening are NPPL forcing to swallow their pride, and more than likely how much it would cost. I think it would be safe to say that if the leagues joined together, we could expect around $500,000 in entry per event. Just my thoughts, feel free to disagree.
I am a raccoon.

#9 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

So would they just have huge monster events or more events? It's an interesting idea that will probably never happen I bet NPPL folds before selling because what do they really have that the PSP wants? The PSP makes them go under and guess what they don't have to pay a dime...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#10 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I think these events are booked well on advance. I believe psp picks days that the fields are available and other factors like sponsors can make it plus spectators. I really don't think they booked the time because nppl was playing then.

#11 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

I just sorta miss back in the day when it wall all the same thing. So much easier to follow.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users