• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

When I degas my gun and remove the tank, there is a really small leak from the pin and I confirmed it by putting a small drop of water on the pin. There would be small bubbles coming up. I have found that if I try enough times, i can take an allen key and push the pin in thus releasing a gush of air and resetting the pin. The problem is, i have to do this each time after taking my tank off the gun and I have to be lucky because sometimes it doesn't fully reset the pin. My question is, what could be the cause of this pin leak? Dirt perhaps? Bad O-Ring? It is currently not leaking at the moment because i spent 20 minutes trying to reset the pin and was eventually successful. For some reason, i have to manually move the pin around in order to stop a leak. Just degassing my gun doesn't do it for some reason. Also, what type of lubricant works for the reg? I know the ninja silicone lube works but i don't have it at the moment and was wondering if planet eclipse grease would work. How about the stock grease that comes with the empire axe? How about dow 55? thanks in advance

#2 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

None of those should go on the pin oring, I would take the pin out, clean off the oring, put it back in, and if it still leaks, replace the oring with the proper oring, not a standard one.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#3 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

The oring may be dirty, watch the videos on our website and take the reg apart. Push the oring out and flip it over and push it back in. This should solve the problem but if not than you will have to replace it with a new one.

Use a non petroleum silicone lube.
NINJA PAINTBALL - PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Ninja Paintball Factory Tech
If you have a question please post it in the NINJA/PSI GURU forum
DOT Certified Hydro Tester G777

#4 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

So I can just try using the same oring, but just use the other side for making the seal?

#5 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

So I can just try using the same oring, but just use the other side for making the seal?

Yes, be careful pushing it out and use a pencil to push it back in do it is not damaged

#6 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

This is unrelated, but last time i went playing, while unscrewing my tank from my ASA, the bonnet was coming off of the tank and the bonnet screws were screeching. What i did right away was loosen the screws a little, tighten the bonnet all the way on, and tightened the bonnet screws somewhat tight. Was what i did ok?

Edited by marceldacs, 22 February 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#7 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

This is unrelated, but last time i went playing, while unscrewing my tank from my ASA, the bonnet was coming off of the tank and the bonnet screws were screeching. What i did right away was loosen the screws a little, tighten the bonnet all the way on, and tightened the bonnet screws somewhat tight. Was what i did ok?

Yes and next time lube the bonnet threads with any lube and do not tighten the reg into the Asa. Put it all the way in and back it out a hair. Never force it into an Asa and check the threads of the Asa.
Most of the time the threads of the Asa are not correct or damaged causing the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users