• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ryanporter10

ryanporter10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hey there guys, I was wondering which type of allen keys I should get for my mini, metric, or imperial.
Are all guns metric or Imperial(for the most part)?
Just playin' paintball at $145 a case--- Canada for ya!

I play hockey too no shit im Canadian eh.

#2 TheGunTech

TheGunTech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Get imperial/sae. No good paintball gun uses metric allen keys.

#3 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

This is Murica dammit! Lol
Yeah most paintball companies (that make guns) are based in countries that use the imperial system of measurement. (Dye, PE, KEE,GI, Macdev) so when in doubt, go with inches. The onlu gin I can think of that uses metric keys is a spyder... yeah... don't buy those.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Get standard/imperial. The chances you will use metic keys are unlikely.

#5 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

if you have a bike, id recommend getting both

#6 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Get both, they aren't that much and it's good to be prepared. I also recommend getting the ball end Allens, they can make life a bit easier if you're having an issue.
Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#7 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

So is an Ego 08 not a good gun? Cuz mine has several screws that are metric and they are not some replacements from my garage jar of misc screws. I carry both sets in my tool kit for all my PB guns and also to work on others guns since im the local self taught airsmith around my place.
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

#8 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

The ego8 should be all sae screws. I've never seen an eclipse tool tube with a metric Allen key in it. Maybe the person you bought it off of put those in the gun for lack of the OEM screws.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#9 D-Clutch

D-Clutch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

buy good quality allen keys also, especially if they have ball bearing ends... my friend bought a cheaper allen set and it just snapped inside his Axe... he couldn't get it out so he had to send it in to have the part replaced lol

Edited by D-Clutch, 24 February 2013 - 03:12 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/clutchpb
ClutchPB Facebook Page
#ifihadglass
^my Google Glass submission. please watch and support! bring Google Glass to paintball

#10 ryanporter10

ryanporter10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Thanks guys, just didnt know if everything in the industry was relatively the same, or if it was like rc where the person who designed everything had a mental disorder.
Just playin' paintball at $145 a case--- Canada for ya!

I play hockey too no shit im Canadian eh.

#11 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Metric allens are only used in a few guns... (syders, azodins ect.) get the imperial.

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

#12 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

The ego8 should be all sae screws. I've never seen an eclipse tool tube with a metric Allen key in it. Maybe the person you bought it off of put those in the gun for lack of the OEM screws.

If they are replacements, then well done on getting ones that look original. Wish he would have researched the reverse threading on the barrel connection before trying to unscrew the tip with pliers.

#13 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Are you serious. What was that guy thinking. I've seen a shaft 3 not want to unscrew but my buddy didn't take pliers to it. He just let it sit in a hot bath so the metal expanded and he was then able to unscrew it by hand.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#14 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Are you serious. What was that guy thinking. I've seen a shaft 3 not want to unscrew but my buddy didn't take pliers to it. He just let it sit in a hot bath so the metal expanded and he was then able to unscrew it by hand.

I was able to torque it apart by hand but the teeth marks are there forever. Didn`t squeeze hard enough to squash the tube out of round or anything, but must have been really wanting to get the barrel in half. Pliers and vice grips have no business going near any paintball equipment in my books.

#15 TheGunTech

TheGunTech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

I was able to torque it apart by hand but the teeth marks are there forever. Didn`t squeeze hard enough to squash the tube out of round or anything, but must have been really wanting to get the barrel in half. Pliers and vice grips have no business going near any paintball equipment in my books.

channel locks, a vice, and more than a couple sheets of rubber

#16 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

channel locks, a vice, and more than a couple sheets of rubber

If it`s something like a stuck two piece barrel, I`ll use two plastic handled rubber sinch strap wrenches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users