11 replies to this topic

#1 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

ITT: We post our desktop and make irrational assumtions about people based on their desktop.

I like everything to be clean and no godamn icons cluttering my desktop.

Posted Image

Edited by Carolus Rex, 24 February 2013 - 03:24 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#2 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

We had one, it didn't last very long: http://www.techpb.co...3
But, anyhow, My current desktop:
Live Tiles:

Posted Image

Desktop with icons:

Posted Image

Desktop with icons hidden:

Posted Image

xfire-stix9693
Ps3 - SLYGATHOR (LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, Team Fortress2, Killzone 2)
Wii - 5318 0896 2208 0310
Steam - slygathore
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way
Posted Image

#3 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Awesome little rainmeter thing you got there. How is Windows 8 treating you by the way?

o8qo.jpg

#4 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

It's not too bad. I hate the live tiles. But everything else great. So much faster and less resource intensive.
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#5 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

It's not too bad. I hate the live tiles. But everything else great. So much faster and less resource intensive.

Hmm... might make the switch from 7 when I'm gonna build myself a new rig. But that's thinking a little bit to much ahead i guess.

o8qo.jpg

#6 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Considering I didn't have to pay for mine, I'd still say it's well worth the money.
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#7 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I personally dislike windows 8. Stay with 7 because it's better and cheaper IMHO.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#8 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Mine
Posted Image
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#9 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

I personally dislike windows 8. Stay with 7 because it's better and cheaper IMHO.

Cheaper, maybe. Better? In some aspects. Overall Windows 8 is a huge step up, in both protection, and speed. I'll give you that the Live tiles, and integrated "tablet functions" do suck nuts. But once you get the start button back, and get the full desktop back, it's phenomenal. The live search function is so friggen handy it's not funny. Same with the integrated MSE functionality.
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#10 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,932 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Cheaper, maybe. Better? In some aspects. Overall Windows 8 is a huge step up, in both protection, and speed. I'll give you that the Live tiles, and integrated "tablet functions" do suck nuts. But once you get the start button back, and get the full desktop back, it's phenomenal. The live search function is so friggen handy it's not funny. Same with the integrated MSE functionality.

Except for the fact that it still sucks and is an utter pain in the ass for people who know computers. Way too many damn steps to get into the BIOS. It should be hit the del key when the computer starts up. Not wait for the computer to start up, go through four different menus, and then reboot the computer.

Plus the fact that it's still too new, and too much stuff doesn't work with it, like my video card and printer, plus the lack of a start menu, plus the fact that it sucks, and some other stuff, tells me that Windows 8 is a piece of crap.

Windows 8 is a tablet OS they tried to port to a desktop so they could come out with a new OS without doing anything. It was an awful idea, and it's an awful OS when used on a desktop.

I utterly despised every second I had to use Windows 8, but it was either Windows 8, or no computer. But I switched to Windows 7 just as fast as I could. I still used Windows 8 for about two months, and it was a long 2 months.

I bought a ton of games from Steam with Christmas money, and wasn't able to play them until I finally installed Windows 7 yesterday, because Windows 8 is a piece of crap and doesn't work with Steam. I'm so glad I can finally play my games.

#11 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Except for the fact that it still sucks and is an utter pain in the ass for people who know computers. Way too many damn steps to get into the BIOS. It should be hit the del key when the computer starts up. Not wait for the computer to start up, go through four different menus, and then reboot the computer.

Plus the fact that it's still too new, and too much stuff doesn't work with it, like my video card and printer, plus the lack of a start menu, plus the fact that it sucks, and some other stuff, tells me that Windows 8 is a piece of crap.

Windows 8 is a tablet OS they tried to port to a desktop so they could come out with a new OS without doing anything. It was an awful idea, and it's an awful OS when used on a desktop.

I utterly despised every second I had to use Windows 8, but it was either Windows 8, or no computer. But I switched to Windows 7 just as fast as I could. I still used Windows 8 for about two months, and it was a long 2 months.

I bought a ton of games from Steam with Christmas money, and wasn't able to play them until I finally installed Windows 7 yesterday, because Windows 8 is a piece of crap and doesn't work with Steam. I'm so glad I can finally play my games.

Since when does the OS have anything to do with the BIOS? Never. The BIOS is on a flash chip on the motherboard, and isn't intractable by the OS. As well, I've had no problems with Steam, nor Origin since I upgraded. You must've had other things going on to cause that.
xfire-stix9693
Steam - slygathore
Posted Image

#12 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I think live tiles is a great idea, and should be a big part of future desktop operating systems.

I am definitely not Steve Ballmer.
Buy windows 8 guys it doesn't suck, really.

Edit for swag:
Posted Image

Edited by Lime, 27 February 2013 - 04:17 PM.

I love you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users