• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

hey guys im stuck between getting a g4 or an upped ion with virtue board sling trigger freak barrel

what dou you guys think
+2/-0my feedback

First gain the victory and then make the best use of it---Horatio Nelson

#2 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Im a Ion guy so Im biased a little but Ive seen DP guns have a TON of problems at my local field,3 different guys with all sorts of problems inc. leaks and bolt lockups.Check out Minis(version 3) or Axes for another option,they seem to be the most reliable newer markers

#3 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Had an ion and a g3 and used a g4.
Even though all my DP guns have had problems they've always shot better than my ion.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

g4 will probably be better. just make sure to replace the factory lube to something slicker and get some extra macro line just incase and you should be fine

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 thomas taylor fan 77

thomas taylor fan 77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

g4 and use baby oil not lube it works wonders

#6 paintballstud19

paintballstud19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I have an old ion XE with virtue board got to say even though I'm upgrading to new higher end markers I still like the ion XE however I've never owned a do gun so I can't say anything about them personally if possible try to shot both or hold both before deciding

#7 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Never had a g4 or ion but the more research i do it seems G4 when it works it's a better gun but when it doesn't, well then it's obviously a bad gun so it can work miracles or it could break your heart a lot too.
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#8 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Honestly though you're sitting somewhere at the 250 range if you're looking at the g4 and while DP is strongly loved or hated by the community its best to skip those two options and look at stuff like a 2011 rail or a boring xtcy that weights as much as a rock slab. Or unless you want to go used high(er) end you could find a BL vice, a PE ego 8 or a Dye pm8 personally I'd either opt for the vice or the pm8 seeing has how the vice shoots quite smooth for a poppit and BL makes great markers and the PM8 was basically a DM9 in a different body, it shot so smooth like a DM that i believe thats why dye stopped making them was because the DMs were doing bad because the PM8 was just as good for cheaper.

Lulzjustacat.png

#9 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

G4, I own two and 1 ion. The ion is a PITA compared to the G4. So much hassle to clean and maintain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users