191 replies to this topic

#151 DcSalem

DcSalem

I Rule The EGO World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

I thought kee wouldve jumpeed on the impulse when smart parts went under I was wrong

Life is hell but so it the society we live in!

I MISS MY EGO8

#152 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,966 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

They did. JT is a subsidiary of Kee.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#153 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

I kind of want this marker, it looks pretty good.

But the price, goddamn, I could get a Ego Lv1 for $300 more. And if I were to change out my Ego11 for something brand new, it would be a Lv1, geo3 or Luxe.

If it was around $800 I might have gone for it.

#154 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

But the price, goddamn, I could get a Ego Lv1 for $300 more. And if I were to change out my Ego11 for something brand new, it would be a Lv1, geo3 or Luxe.

yea but its still an Ego LV1, ugly as sin, loud as a cannon, and will twist in half the first time you core sample, i'm just waiting to hear how it shoots... or shoot it myself

#155 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

yea but its still an Ego LV1, ugly as sin, loud as a cannon, and will twist in half the first time you core sample, i'm just waiting to hear how it shoots... or shoot it myself

Everybody that has one would tell you to take out that loud as a cannon part.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#156 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Actually the ugly part is just an opinions like it. And they thickened the frame up a bit to stop it from snapping with a core sample

#157 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

No, it's not ugly. No, it's not loud, it's quieter than an Ego11, and the Ego11 is not even close to being loud. And no, it will not twist unless you hit the ground so hard your either break the frame or your arm with another marker, and Eclipse will change the frame for you.

I've shot eclipse for years, I know their guns are quality and they have great CS.

#158 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Yeah im willing to bet this gun shoots no where as close to the alleged smoothness and quietness of the Lv1 but we will have to wait and see.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#159 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,966 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Well, it does have the balanced poppet, and if it's anything like the way my 09 shoots, then it'll shoot damn well.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#160 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I love that grip frame, I'm tempted to try one of these based on that alone. I just tend to not enjoy my time with stacked tubes :(

#161 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

just a couple quick things i think may be worth pointing out in comparison to the G6R....

Yes it is $50 more than the g6r, AND is more expensive than i thought it woulda been as well... BUT

this will run off a HP output tank, G6R's wont... and thats one reason i'm never going to buy one.
They BOTH have a dual bearing trigger, (who know's what the JT will feel like)
BOTH are four eye compatible
The Impulse comes with a USB updateable board, to my knowledge the G6R doesn't... not factory anyway
BOTH have a tool-less feedneck
Seemingly anytime you mess with a Bob Long gun you have to put a pressure tester on it, the impulse doesn't appear to be that way

I realize that for the Impulse to break into the market it will be tough but if you look at the features list, to me anyway, its a toss up or slightly leaning toward the Impulse

Maybe you shouldn't talk if you don't know what you are talking about. I own a g6r that shoots great. I use a high pressure tank with no problems at all, and I don't have a pressure tester either.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#162 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

The more I look at this gun the more I want it.

#163 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

just a couple quick things i think may be worth pointing out in comparison to the G6R....

Yes it is $50 more than the g6r, AND is more expensive than i thought it woulda been as well... BUT

this will run off a HP output tank, G6R's wont... and thats one reason i'm never going to buy one.
The Impulse comes with a USB updateable board, to my knowledge the G6R doesn't... not factory anyway
Seemingly anytime you mess with a Bob Long gun you have to put a pressure tester on it, the impulse doesn't appear to be that way

I realize that for the Impulse to break into the market it will be tough but if you look at the features list, to me anyway, its a toss up or slightly leaning toward the Impulse

Maybe you shouldn't talk if you don't know what you are talking about. I own a g6r that shoots great. I use a high pressure tank with no problems at all, and I don't have a pressure tester either.

Maybe you shouldn't try to be a internet hard-ass, all i did was give a rundown of how the G6r spec sheet compares to the impulse's... the bullshit with the tank was already sorted so whats your fucking point?

#164 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Maybe you shouldn't try to be a internet hard-ass, all i did was give a rundown of how the G6r spec sheet compares to the impulse's... the bullshit with the tank was already sorted so whats your fucking point?

Looks who's saying to people "stop being an hard-ass". I think you better look yourself in the mirror there buddy. :rolleyes:

What's his point?

Well, you said you can't use a HP tank, he said you can, and now you're angry cause you were wrong. "Already sorted out"? This was the first bloody response to your claim about it not working with HP tanks.
Also, you claim you need to put a pressure tester on a G6R every time you tinker with it, which is wrong, and he also said this.

Your other points are just basically "Oh, they have the same specs other than the Impulse having an USB port" And last time I read the response to your "run down" he didn't even touch those points.

#165 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

I love when my computer decides to post something two times. <_<

Edited by Nobben #44, 29 March 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#166 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

actually nobben it was his first response to it, but if you look back a page schuppert responded to me already saying that guys have been running HP on them with no problem. so yes it was already sorted out

#167 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Still leaves the whole pressure tester thing. And he still has a point with the HP tanks, regardless if someone else told you the same a few pages back. So yes, his points still stand.

When you don't do your research and claim things like that, expect people to correct you until the end of time in that thread you made the claims. Forum etiques, simple stuff really.

#168 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

ok, fair enough... what i meant is that here at my little podunk hick-town field, none of the newer BL guys will adjust anything on their markers, aside from small velocity tweaks without a pressure tester

#169 HxCRooster

HxCRooster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Shot rich telfords impulse at Dallas psp. It is unbelievable it shoots very nice is very light and is easy to maintain.

#170 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

ok, fair enough... what i meant is that here at my little podunk hick-town field, none of the newer BL guys will adjust anything on their markers, aside from small velocity tweaks without a pressure tester

That's the smart way to do it but its not needed to do it.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#171 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Not the best shooting video but its something.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#172 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

A G6R can run off HPA but, its not good for the internal seals of the marker. Its like saying human would can eat McDonalds and get energy per say but, there are better choices.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#173 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

honestly I would say if it wasn't so ugly and the G6R could run on HPA without risk of damaging I would choose this over the G6R.

#174 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

This thing is so fucken ugly in person. I saw it last Sunday at my field. The pictures do it justice.

#175 sergeantouellette

sergeantouellette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

OK so I am new and learning stuff...

Yes I think the pictures look nice but the price doesn't.  If it is a poppit valve and the PE Etek 4 is a poppit at half the price.  Why not get a Etek 4?  If I am way off base call me a retard.  

#176 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

OK so I am new and learning stuff...

Yes I think the pictures look nice but the price doesn't.  If it is a poppit valve and the PE Etek 4 is a poppit at half the price.  Why not get a Etek 4?  If I am way off base call me a retard.  

I ask myself the same question about most high ends. It comes down to features, and how they sell them. The "balanced poppet" is supposed to make this a smoother and quieter marker. In addition it has an OLED screen, which some people value highly. I've found that after you get to the $500 mark, the performance gains are minimal. Mostly what you are buying is convenience and comfort, as far as I've seen.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#177 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

So I got to hold the new Impy at the Bitburg millennium event and I have to say it felt amazing in the hands. It is very thin and well contoured. I have to say it felt better in the hands than a G6R (I will not compare it to an LV1… because the only thing that shoots like an LV1 is an LV1…). Now, I did not get a chance to shoot it but some of the guys at MAXS compared it to a G6R. They played with it all day and they really liked it. They had it paired up with a Fuel Tank and Z2 and let me tell you, this thing was freakin' light. I also really like the trigger, comparable to BL but I wouldn't put it quite on the same level… but still an absolutely wonderful trigger. I think this is in the right price range… its "about" the same price as a G6R. My next event I plan on getting a hold of one and playing with it, I'll be sure to let you guys know whats up. 

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#178 JB9

JB9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hey guys, with the black Impulse now arriving at your local paintball stores or online sites we thought we would set up a group on Facebook... 
If you now own a JT Impulse or are thinking about it, you can talk to XSV players on the new JT Impulse Owner Group on Facebook.
www.JTImpulseOwnersGroup.com

94d2d8cc-1873-473d-9b1a-71516971cabb.jpg0996e19b-f017-4a93-9576-e51de0e03aaa.jpg

#179 Forrest99

Forrest99

got that rockin' summer bod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

looks cool but i wouldn't buy one

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#180 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Internet legal warning:  don't try this at home because you're likely incompetent and will bring some form of the apocalypse down upon yourself destroying you, your family, and all souls within the general area.  

I don't understand why people have such problems with high output (ie. 850psi or greater) hpa tanks and markers like the G6R.  Just flip a belleville washer or, if you have a Ninja, remove a few shims.  Flipping the washer brought my 900psi Pure Energy down to about 425psi.

#181 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Anyone that wants to work on tank regs please make sure that the tank is empty or you are sure to experience the apocalypse event that Jaccen has already mentioned.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#182 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

no you won't, if you try to unscrew a tank with air in it, once you get near halfway or so it'll begin to bleed. Unless you want to see what happens and unscrew the tank as fast as you can nothing "apocalyptic" will happen.

109.gif

#183 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I think it's one of the best looking stacked tubes out there. I'm hoping that the Macdev Cyborg will look better though. I have no reason to doubt it

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#184 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Held one last night. Nifty little marker, fit and finish were excellent.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#185 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Just bought one.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#186 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

^Ew... I'm sorry.

If it was in the 700-800 it would be a gun to consider, but $1000? HA!! So many better options out there.

To each their own though.

#187 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Says the person with a Machine logo for their avatar.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#188 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

hahahahahahahahaha.

Be sure to post a shooting video when you get it Kevin!

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#189 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

burn-Cream-tube-ba.jpg

Posted Image

#190 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

oh snap

#191 Jawz

Jawz