4 replies to this topic

#1 NewGuyOnTheMound

NewGuyOnTheMound

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

How bad is a plastic feedneck really?

I'm planning on buying the Proto Rail and people complain about the plastic feedneck cover. To replace it I just need to pay $20 at ANS to get a new clamping feedneck but I just want to know why people don't like the plastic ones and if it's really worth the $20.

Thanks

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

How bad is a plastic feedneck really?

I'm planning on buying the Proto Rail and people complain about the plastic feedneck cover. To replace it I just need to pay $20 at ANS to get a new clamping feedneck but I just want to know why people don't like the plastic ones and if it's really worth the $20.

Thanks

plastic or aluminum makes no difference for a feedneck collar.
the only benefit of going with an aluminum color is that it will likely have a lever lock as opposed to a screw. meaning you can tighten it without tools.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 NewGuyOnTheMound

NewGuyOnTheMound

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

My friend has a plastic standard screw feedback and he says that its a little loose for his hopper. He also says the main concern with plastic feed necks is that when people are diving they're afraid that maybe the hopper will fall out. I guess the problem is more about compatability then? Doesn't have much to do with material.

Edited by NewGuyOnTheMound, 25 February 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#4 ZzBrutality

ZzBrutality

Better than the best

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

I think the stock feedneck will be just fine. I haven't heard of them breaking very often. If you tighten the lock on it enough your loader won't fall out.

#5 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Cheap plastic like the old stove pipes will break, the PMR feed neck is more of a composite/nice plastic and should be fine, the reason most people swap them is so they don't have to use an allen key to tighten it. If your loader falls off while playing you would need to have an allen key to get it back on good.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users