• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Timbodandee

Timbodandee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

hey i have some v force profilers and the lenses aren't tinted and it gets pretty hard to see sometimes with the bright sun, but i'm afraid that if i get tinted lenses it will be too hard to see when its not really sunny out. With tinted lenses is it hard at all to see when it's not sunny out?

thanks

#2 pmiboyz

pmiboyz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

they look cool and help with the sun. But it is only slightly harder to see.

#3 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

buy a tinted lens, and use it when its bright out. and when you play indoors or its cloudy you can swicth it out

Edited by Ames, 25 March 2009 - 06:18 PM.

Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#4 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

It's for the greater good.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

You're vision won't be effected at all with tinted lense. In fact some tints help you see better in different weather conditions.

I used to use a smoke lense on my Profilers in sunny conditions and it was so much more easy on the eyes and they don't effect your vision one bit! And that's coming from someone who wears glasses!

But when it's not sunny out and was overcast or it was raining, I used to stick in a yellow tinted lense. Although the smoke lenses were good, wearing the yellow lense really brightened up the environment allowing you to see opponents movements a little earlier ans crisper whereas the smoke lense didn't define you opponents as crisp, but they don't completely blind you!

However, I base my experience on woodsball, it is probably different in airball/supair.
I'LL BELIEVE IN GOD WHEN HE/SHE PHYSICALLY SLAPS ME ACROSS THE FACE!

#5 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

There are photo-chromatic lenses available for Profilers. Meaning in direct sunlight they change colour. Basically when the sun is hitting your lens it will darken but when you are in darker conditions it will remain clear. I personally do not know how effective they are but I've heard good things.

40k-1.png

#6 The Notorious I.A.N

The Notorious I.A.N

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

I bought a pair of the photo chromatic lenses and they work great. It adjusts to how much light is out there and I haven't had any problems with it. I also wear glasses btw :) I've been thinking about buying a pair of the yellow lenses specifically for the woods, but I think I'll be good with the photo chromatic ones for awhile.
"Beware of artists - they mix with all classes of society and are therfore most dangerous" - Queen Victoria

Ze jolly unt rotund Grammar Nazi.

#7 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

I bought a pair of the photo chromatic lenses and they work great. It adjusts to how much light is out there and I haven't had any problems with it. I also wear glasses btw :) I've been thinking about buying a pair of the yellow lenses specifically for the woods, but I think I'll be good with the photo chromatic ones for awhile.

yellow lenses are amazing. i have the i4's and ive noticed that its much easier to pick out paintballs in the air especially when its bright out
Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#8 Camo

Camo

You cant see me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

I have yellow tent and it blocks out some sun and makes things easyer to pick up in the woods. A freind has a blue tent on his grills and it sortof makes things look Hi-def but thats just me
Yes I eat paintballs.... What?

Got to love life

#9 showard54

showard54

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Get a yellow tint for woodsball and smoke for speedball
Current Setup -
SP-1, CP Tactical W/Apex Tip, Python Kit, Ninja 68/45, Halo B W/Rip, Proto Pro Axis W/Yellow Lense

#10 donalduck_69

donalduck_69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

I personally like my photo chromatic lenses for sunny days and amber/yellow for overcast day. For woodsball that is.
Nate

#11 a.k.a.demiker

a.k.a.demiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

I had a mirror-lens at the helmet when i was riding my motobike. It worked in the dark as well. iIt was harder to see, but it worked great. Buy a tinted ;)
Want help us STOP banning Paintball in Germany? Click here! And put this into your sig!

#12 Squirtle

Squirtle

How does it feel to get owned by a Pokemon?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

I have the smoked lens on the E-Vents and sometimes there are weird lines that show on the lens when the sun hits it from a weird angle, which makes it sometimes difficult to see. But for all I know the profilers don't have this problem.

#13 dutchmanbearpig

dutchmanbearpig

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

My experience. The dark lens works better in supair, the yellow for woods and the mirror like fancy lenzes :) look cool but only work if its friggin sunny, but get scratched pretty easy.
FURIOUS

#14 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

I love my tinted lenses on my profilers, but if you get bunkered and take a few to the mask, the tint will chip/wear off.

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users