15 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathom Bermudez

Jonathom Bermudez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Hello world (or whoever is reading this),

I purchased the Dangerous Power G5 new from ANS gear on December 1st and have owned the Dangerous Power G5 for a couple of months now. These are my thoughts on the gun.

ASA-Amazing, works just how it is supposed to and have had no issues with it.
No Macroline-Again, another amazing feature. An evolution for the G series guns. No leaks, no problems.
The trigger-This is probably the best part of the gun in my oppinion. This microswitch blade trigger kills others in its price range (Rail,Mini,GOG). I only played semi in speedball and the trigger is just simply amazing.
Hand room- There is plenty of hand room. Even though it is a small gun, it is very spacious.
Clamping feedneck- does what is supposed to do. I have had no problems with it and it is very adjustable on the go.
Barrel-Does what is supposed to do. .690 bore I believe?
Overall external looks- 7/10 for guns of all price ranges 10/10 for guns of its price range in my oppinion

Now I am going to get down to the actually bolt engine of the gun. As many of us know, the Dangerous Power G series guns have a bad reputation for bolt stick. I had bolt stick with the gun when I put the factory lube on the gun. When you buy the G5 or any G gun for that matter THROW AWAY THE FACTORY LUBE. Once you do that, clean off your gun of the factory lube and any other lube in the gun that you please (hater sauce, monkey poo, dow33, Sleek). Silly puddy works as a better lubrication than the factory lube. My spit works as better lubrication. Sand paper will work better.

After I relubed the gun with a different lube (Hatersauce) I did not experience bolt stick. None at all.

Now that I am done with the bolt stick issue, let's move on to the kick of the gun. I know people say "My AK47 has kick, paintball guns don't have kick". Please keep in mind that I am talking about kick relative to other guns. After shooting a Mini and a Rail, I must say that I am not impressed. The gun feels like a cannon in my hands (FPS of 290) compared to my Invert Mini shooting the same FPS. Same for the Rail. Everytime I pull the trigger, the gun rises noticably and affects the accuracy of the shot (I would say about a centimeter of rise the first shot then it levels after that).

The gun gets around 7-8 pods off of a 68/4500 so I would say that is sufficent.

What are my overall thoughts of the gun:

The Dangerous Power G5 was not the gun for me. All of the great features of the gun could not outweigh how the gun shot. Compared to my invert mini, I felt like I was going to rip through paintballs everytime I shot and I could feel a noticable kick. Sorry Dangerous Power Fans. All I have to say is I hope TechT comes out with a bolt system that helps with making the shot softer.

So I believe..
Invert mini>Rail>Dangerous Power G5

Thank you for reading and sorry in advance for all of the spelling errors. :blink:

Side note-

What kind of person gets a Dangerous Power G5?
A person that wants a lot of great features on a gun for a low price and doesn't care about having soft shot. A person with bigger hands and a person who likes to shoot semi auto (this trigger is awesome).

What kind of person gets an Invert Mini?
Some one with small hands that can take advantage of the low price for such an amazing shooting gun. Also, a person that doesn't play a lot of semi auto play or is willing to pay extra for an aftermarket trigger (the stock trigger is a mess).

What kind of person gets a Proto Rail?
Someone that can't afford an Axe and has bigger hands, wants a softer shooting gun, and doesn't really care about effeciency.

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

so they fixed all the miniscule problems with the gun, yet the biggest problem of the bolt engine is still yet to be fixed.

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

so they fixed all the miniscule problems with the gun, yet the biggest problem of the bolt engine is still yet to be fixed.

Yeah I guess they still haven't fixed the whole Dump valve system.
MacDev had a nice dump-valve marker with the Drone DX, Dangerous Power needs to do something similar, put it with all these great features, and sell it for $300, and they sell some damn legendary markers to the market.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 Jonathom Bermudez

Jonathom Bermudez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

IMO yes. Excelent features, but the bolt engine is just not smooth.

#5 reflexowner

reflexowner

Unicorns eat tacos!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Awesome review all though I will not be buying one, made my mistake with dp once all ready

Edited by reflexowner, 26 February 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#6 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Can't afford an Axe? It's cheaper than the rail lol

I wonder if more people have tried different lube?

#7 Jonathom Bermudez

Jonathom Bermudez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Can't afford an Axe? It's cheaper than the rail lol

I wonder if more people have tried different lube?

The axe is around 325-350 used. A Proto Rail (not reflex) can be picked up anywhere from 150-200 used and 250 new. Maybe my wording is confusing on the post?

And I have read that a lot of others lubes work well on the G5. Something thinner is preferred though.

#8 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Very good review. I have a proto rail and the owner you described is very much like me. I do have to disagree with you on the invert mini though, as my brothers old mini wasn't particularly smooth compared to the rail and somehow managed to have an even worse trigger, but for the most part is a great gun.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#9 Jonathom Bermudez

Jonathom Bermudez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Very good review. I have a proto rail and the owner you described is very much like me. I do have to disagree with you on the invert mini though, as my brothers old mini wasn't particularly smooth compared to the rail and somehow managed to have an even worse trigger, but for the most part is a great gun.

What version did he have? V1,V2 or V3? And yes, the triggers on the mini are less than desirable for a person who likes playing semi.

The G5 triggers are fantastic though. I would say that's probably the best feature about the gun.

#10 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Great read. :)

I didn't expect the bolt to be smoother than the G4 but what do I know... I ain't no mechanic. :lol:

#11 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Gun to me feels like a G4 with no macroline. But awesome review, I loved to see someone who actually owned not just the G5 and didn't think it was godly because, that's I all hear from other peoples reviews about the G5. I think this should be stickied for awhile because alot of people are wanting a review about it untill after the commotion about it dies down or mike makes a review.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#12 Jonathom Bermudez

Jonathom Bermudez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Gun to me feels like a G4 with no macroline. But awesome review, I loved to see someone who actually owned not just the G5 and didn't think it was godly because, that's I all hear from other peoples reviews about the G5. I think this should be stickied for awhile because alot of people are wanting a review about it untill after the commotion about it dies down or mike makes a review.

I tried to be as fair as possible with my review and make it relevent to people. How I liked the gun, what type of person would like the gun, and how I thought it compared to other guns in the same price range.

Lol and I am waiting for Mike's review as well. Obviously his will trump mine because of his Paintball IQ, but hopefully this will do until then.

Great read. :)

I didn't expect the bolt to be smoother than the G4 but what do I know... I ain't no mechanic. :lol:

Haha yes. They just need to pay Techt to make their bolts.

#13 Paintball4864

Paintball4864

Me like cookies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I agree with him and i am getting this gun cause it is semi only at my field!

If your under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine Lets Run

Gear Setup: Empire Axe, Empire Prophecy Z2, Ninja 50/4500, Jt ProFlex

#14 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

What is a dump Valve?
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Where all the air is stored behind what is basically a bolt that resembles a tube, and when the marker fires, the bolt goes forward and dumps all the air out to fire.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#16 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

ok, thanks! is there a video or something that has all the different types of spools or poppets? I just learned that the AXE is an inline poppet which i never knew and i owned the gun lol
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)