• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 djdallin

djdallin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Hey guys! I have a Planet eclipse ego 5 and it is mostly stock but i bought it with a virtue 10 board installed in it. The gun has a minor leak that doesnt affect how the gun shoots but i'm sure its the low pressure hosing and some o rings. I was really wondering what i can do to make my gun be able to shoot more brittle paint for when i play speed ball. Would increasing my dwell help? What type of bolt should i buy or is the stock bolt fine? How should i have my LPR set? stuff like that would be helpful! im fairly new to owning a nicer electric gun so all the help would be nice!

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

ego 5 is going to hurt like a jackhammer regardless what you do to it. You can follow the LPR settings in the manual and lower it until it stops getting velocity. Upping your dwell can help, but for an ego5, its not going to do much.

#3 R-M-I

R-M-I

Angry Norwegian

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

LOL? ^ "hurt like a jackhammer". It makes it sound like it's shooting 50cal or something. Funniest statement I've read TODAY on this forum atleat.

Set the LPR to flush first , then give it about 1 turn in. Leave the dwell settings same as they are stock.
You won't be able to tune your gun right before you've actually played with it for a while and gotten a sense of how it performs as is.

That's what most people get wrong. They "tune" and "upgrade" their markers before they haven even tested them properly. How do you know what it needs if you don't know how it shoots? :)

The 05 ego shot great in 05, it it still does today.

#4 djdallin

djdallin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Haha thanks! I've put about 3 cases through it and I haven't had a barrel break in a game but I was using like valken echo paint so that stuff is pretty tough.

#5 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Haha thanks! I've put about 3 cases through it and I haven't had a barrel break in a game but I was using like valken echo paint so that stuff is pretty tough.

why are you trying to fix a problem that doesnt exist then?
when the ego came out, one of the biggest benefits it had was the fact that it never broke paint. that still holds true today.

dont fuck with your settings unless you have a problem. otherwise you might cause problems on your own.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#6 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

The ego5s had no problem shooting evil back in the tournaments in 2005. You shouldnt have a lot of problems. My old ego only ever broke paint when the loader tension was too high.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#7 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

LOL? ^ "hurt like a jackhammer". It makes it sound like it's shooting 50cal or something. Funniest statement I've read TODAY on this forum atleat.

Set the LPR to flush first , then give it about 1 turn in. Leave the dwell settings same as they are stock.
You won't be able to tune your gun right before you've actually played with it for a while and gotten a sense of how it performs as is.

That's what most people get wrong. They "tune" and "upgrade" their markers before they haven even tested them properly. How do you know what it needs if you don't know how it shoots? :)

The 05 ego shot great in 05, it it still does today.

well, it does kick.

Also, i cant stand anyone with an ego 5/6 shooting a lane next to my head. I have sensitive ears.

Edited by 510waffles, 27 February 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#8 R-M-I

R-M-I

Angry Norwegian

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

If your ears are that sensitive, paintball might be the wrong "sport" for you :)
Kick and soundsignature are two completely different things..

Also, more mass to absorb the novement of the reciprocating mass = less kick :) in theory..

#9 djdallin

djdallin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Well when I try to use softer paint from my friends gun I break but I think I'll turn down my hopper speed and put the dwell to 7.5 or 8. I might buy a cure 4 bolt but if I don't need one that would be nice

#10 djdallin

djdallin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

also would auto cocker hose from ansgear work as low pressure hosing? i need to replace it

#11 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

also would auto cocker hose from ansgear work as low pressure hosing? i need to replace it

Yeah it will work.

Don't buy the cure 4. The performance boost it will give is marginal unless you are having super serious breaking issues.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#12 djdallin

djdallin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Yeah it will work.

Don't buy the cure 4. The performance boost it will give is marginal unless you are having super serious breaking issues.

ok thanks for the advice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users