• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#301 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I hope these sell really well. I want to see Ego prices tank so I can think about scooping one up on the cheap.

#302 Soul06

Soul06

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I hope these sell really well. I want to see Ego prices tank so I can think about scooping one up on the cheap.

When ever has an Ego not sold extremely well? LOL

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ - On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA

#303 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

That is realy sad

After watching mikes video I will give it to eclips they did so something new with the ego instead of makeing a small tweak In-between years still think the air line is a poor design and verry ugly and if this thing realy dus only get 8 pods they realy failed on makeing a balanced popit for example look at the Vikings tornado valve witch everyone came with it is a balance popit that came out in 02 and it gets 1800~2000 shots per 68/45
Ironmen Timmy for sale
http://www.techpb.co...9

#304 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

That is realy sad

After watching mikes video I will give it to eclips they did so something new with the ego instead of makeing a small tweak In-between years still think the air line is a poor design and verry ugly and if this thing realy dus only get 8 pods they realy failed on makeing a balanced popit for example look at the Vikings tornado valve witch everyone came with it is a balance popit that came out in 02 and it gets 1800~2000 shots per 68/45

I wouldn't go so far as to call the marker a failure by any means just because the efficiency test wasn't outstanding. 8 pods goes a long way in a game. Most back players don't even care to carry more than that, so I wouldn't call the efficiency a huge letdown.

But maybe the marker shoots absolutely outstandingly. That would make it worth an 8-10 pod efficiency to me as opposed to 14 pods. Plus as was said before it also includes a lighter ram which would be more efficient, so if you really need to get more than 8 pods the lv1 comes with the means to do so.

Looks are all based on personal opinion, even though there seems to be a significant amount of people that don't like it. Still, not a reason to not even consider giving a marker a chance.

The air line actually isn't a half bad idea IMO. It doesn't look like it would get in the way unless you played with mittens on, and I like air systems that can't get torn in half without much trouble.

Edit: said bolt meant ram.

Edited by TotallyNotAKeeFanboy, 25 April 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#305 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

That is realy sad

I wouldn't go so far as to call the marker a failure by any means just because the efficiency test wasn't outstanding. 8 pods goes a long way in a game. Most back players don't even care to carry more than that, so I wouldn't call the efficiency a huge letdown.

But maybe the marker shoots absolutely outstandingly. That would make it worth an 8-10 pod efficiency to me as opposed to 14 pods. Plus as was said before it also includes a lighter ram which would be more efficient, so if you really need to get more than 8 pods the lv1 comes with the means to do so.

Looks are all based on personal opinion, even though there seems to be a significant amount of people that don't like it. Still, not a reason to not even consider giving a marker a chance.

The air line actually isn't a half bad idea IMO. It doesn't look like it would get in the way unless you played with mittens on, and I like air systems that can't get torn in half without much trouble.

Edit: said bolt meant ram.

I occasionally play back.. i carry more than 8 pods...
109.gif

#306 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

^ I'm just going off of what I see. The back players I have seen in my personal experience tend to carry 7 or so. I've seen more than that too, but just not often. Who knows, maybe I play at fields that have an unwritten rule about the number of pods to carry.

#307 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Plus, Mike's efficiency tests are notoriously on the low side for the average that everyone seems to get. If Mike got 8 pods, I'd be willing to bet that most people could get 10 pods, even more with the lighter rammer and an underbore.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#308 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

That is realy sad

Why is it really sad? What's wrong with wanting to be able to buy the old model/design for less because a newer one is replacing it?

I want the LV1 to do very well in the market, because it will drive down the price of the old stuff. And then I, not owning the old stuff, can upgrade to it for less cost to me. That's not sad, that's capitalism. I don't need or want to have the latest and greatest necessarily. Too high a cost for me. But if I can get the formerly-latest for a lot less because it's no longer the latest, then I'll see if I can do it based on the costs.

#309 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

That is realy sad

Why is it really sad? What's wrong with wanting to be able to buy the old model/design for less because a newer one is replacing it?

I want the LV1 to do very well in the market, because it will drive down the price of the old stuff. And then I, not owning the old stuff, can upgrade to it for less cost to me. That's not sad, that's capitalism. I don't need or want to have the latest and greatest necessarily. Too high a cost for me. But if I can get the formerly-latest for a lot less because it's no longer the latest, then I'll see if I can do it based on the costs.

MERICA!!!! Fuck ya!!!
109.gif

#310 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

MERICA!!!! Fuck ya!!!

Fish, you are Canadian.

#311 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

That is realy sad

I guess I jus like my markers keeping there value if i ever want to sell them (witch aka products are known for )

And as far as it being a failure I guess that may have been a strong word to use but even 10 pods with a balanced popit is really not good at all I feel like they could have dun better with a proven design

The macro solution they used may work great but I still can get over how ugly it just kinda seams like a poor design but think what you will
Ironmen Timmy for sale

#312 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

MERICA!!!! Fuck ya!!!

Fish, you are Canadian.

http://www.flickchar...ws-vs-predator/
Suck it
109.gif

#313 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

That is realy sad

This does not have a balanced poppet valve. :dodgy:

#314 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

That is realy sad

This does not have a balanced poppet valve. :dodgy:

?????? I swear I read somewhere on this thread it was a balanced popit

Eather way popits should get more then 10 pods

On another note 10 pods may be fine for most but what about the senario game players

Edited by moon, 25 April 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Ironmen Timmy for sale

#315 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Nope. There was speculation that it might include a balanced poppet, but the only new gun coming out with a balanced poppet is the Impulse.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#316 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Ok good I'm not going crazy it was mentioned even though the was a false statement
Ironmen Timmy for sale

#317 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Didn't hustle paintball get 13pods?

#318 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think the thing about the LV1 is that it allows either a very nice shot or very good efficiency. You can pick the one that works best for your situation. It sorta seems like getting a better Geo 3 and better Ego 11 in one marker + the new improvements. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 26 April 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#319 Soul06

Soul06

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

That they did. Precisely why I feel we should wait longer before making judgements about the efficiency. No disrespect to mike but I am not going to take his test as being accurate just as I don't take Hustle's to be accurate. But its interesting that they had such a large difference. I am anxious for more tests

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ - On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA

#320 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

That they did. Precisely why I feel we should wait longer before making judgements about the efficiency. No disrespect to mike but I am not going to take his test as being accurate just as I don't take Hustle's to be accurate. But its interesting that they had such a large difference. I am anxious for more tests

While i think this is a rather large difference, I think it might be able to explain it away.
1) Mike used a hot fill, Hustle used a cold fill, all the way to 4500
2) Mike is in tampa, where it is much hotter than hustle in colorado. In hustles video there is snow on the ground, meaning a cold fill holds more air.
3) Mike is again, in tampa, which is close to sea level, Colorado is, well, a good deal above that. the pressure difference is greater so you should theoretically get more efficiency.
4) Different paint was used in the videos, and different paints mean different bores. I'm willing to bet hustles paint was quite a bit bigger.
If this is insufficient to explain a 5 pod difference, 1 of three things happened, or some combination of both:
1) Hustle cheated and filled their tank
2) Hustle had the lighter rammer in the ego at the time of the test and forgot
3)Hustle tuned or tweaked the ego in some way, underboring, etc

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#321 Soul06

Soul06

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Well they are going out now and people are picking up their own. More test will be popping up soon. Just read some other dude say he played a point with his. Tank filled to 3500, shooting a little over 280 and he got through 7 pods and a Spire. Don't know the validity of this as its just his word but in time we will all see.
I know I still want one though I am going to hold out the months and wait for the SL version

#322 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Time to put speculation to rest. I picked up my lv1 Friday and just fell in love with it without even shooting. The rubber grips may look a little tacky but once you get this gun in you hands you won't even care what it looks like. It just feels that good in the hands. And as for the pipe going from the trigger guard to the reg. Unless your Andre the giant it won't get in the way what so ever. As for shooting we put a case through her and did some experimenting and I came to realize hustle was right by saying "the lv1 is everything to every man." Planet eclipse gives you the choices of how you want your lv1 to perform. As most of us already know the zik3 comes with 2 rams and due to this you get to choose wether you have a poppet that shoots like a spool and yes with the heavyweight ram it will be as quiet and smooth as a spool. Or if you'd like it to shoot like an ego11 and have more efficacy that an 11 just pop in the lightweight ram recronno and off to the field you go with your lv1 shooting like an ego of old just more improved. The choices don't stop with the ram. Unlike the ego11 with this one you can adjust the solenoids return flow restrictor all the way down to the lowest possible setting. At that setting with the lightweight ram its shot quality is somewhere in the middle of the ego11 and the lv1 with the heavyweight ram installed. And with our last little test we installed the heavyweight ram and left the return flow restrictor at its lowest possible setting and let her loose. The results of this setup really left me surprised. I really couldn't notice her shooting if the paintballs weren't making such a loud thwap like noise when they were hitting the plywood we were shooting. It was just that smooth and quiet. And to make sure that it wasn't just the plywood noise that was making it seem so quiet I let a half a hopper loose on a tree and the lv1 was still that damn quiet. Pictures really don't do this gun any justice. Like all planet eclipse products you really do have to see them in person to fully appreciate the shear beauty behind the engineering. I can't tell you how efficient this gun is yet because I had so much paint I wanted to do all sorts of other tests but I'm trying to either source out 2 68/4500 ninjas or another ninja 50/4500 and do a test where I run one tank to empty with the lightweight ram and then the other one empty with the heavyweight ram this way we can put the techpb, hustle pb, Ryan Greenspan conspiracy to rest in one video. I feel that's the only way we will get a true answer. My theory is mike used the heavyweight ram and hustle used the lightweight ram with environmental changes thrown into the mix. If you guys have any other questions just post them here and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Please understand I won't be getting this gun on field until July the earliest due to the fact that I'm recovering from hernia surgery. When I asked my doctor about when I can get back on the field he looked at me crosseyed and laughed then told me its gonna take some time.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#323 f34r

f34r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

What would someone say who has shot both, LV1 or Ego 11?

#324 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Considering I grabbed my fiances haze ego11 and shot both of them side by side I would say the lv1 much quieter and smoother with the heavyweight ram in it and shoots exactly the same as the ego11 with the lightweight ram in it. Hope this helps put things in perspective for you.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#325 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Considering I grabbed my fiances haze ego11 and shot both of them side by side I would say the lv1 much quieter and smoother with the heavyweight ram in it and shoots exactly the same as the ego11 with the lightweight ram in it. Hope this helps put things in perspective for you.

wow, i would have assumed the lightweight ram would be more quiet compared to the heavy one

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#326 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

wow, i would have assumed the lightweight ram would be more quiet compared to the heavy one

It's quite the opposite for some reason. I would of thought it would be smoother to due to it being lighter but the fact is that it isn't as smooth because it moves a lot faster then the heavyweight ram.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#327 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yeah and the lever system I would guess is affected when the lighter weight ram is impacting it at a higher velocity no?
109.gif

#328 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

So what you're saying, LV1 + lightweight ram = Ego 11?

#329 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

I really can't see enough difference to justify me getting this over an ego 11

Edited by Toxin PB, 20 May 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#330 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

<br />I really can't see enough difference to justify me getting this over an ego 11<br />

Wtf, it's almost a completely different gun...
109.gif

#331 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

As I said before my fiance has the ego11 and I have the lv1 and I can say the ego11 can't even compare to the lv1. That's how good the lv1 is.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#332 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

I meant for the price difference, I can get a used ego for 800 or an lv1 for 1300

#333 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hahaha! You could get a used 11 for $600 or less.

With that logic you might as well just get an Ego 6, it does the same thing after all.

#334 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

If your penny pinching and living off of peanut butter and jelly to save up for an ego11 then by all means it will serve you very well but the lv1 is worth every penny. Btw I only paid $1200 for my lv1.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#335 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

By these means you would never see enough of a difference to ever get a new top of the line gun. Like jawz said, almost a whole new gun. Better everything for that matter.

Edited by Garribean, 20 May 2013 - 11:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users