Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

#2 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

No upgrades will really make it better. Play with it, and you will immediately know what you need to upgrade, if anything.

#3 WilliamG562

WilliamG562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

No upgrades will really make it better. Play with it, and you will immediately know what you need to upgrade, if anything.

The only thing I've done to it that did make a noticeable difference so far was getting a barrel for it.

#4 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

The only thing I've done to it that did make a noticeable difference so far was getting a barrel for it.

How is it with a new baarrel? the stock barrel (for me) breaks paint once in a while, but its not too bad. I was thinking about one in the future, but not sure how much of a difference it would make. Which did you chose and how well has it worked?

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Well, if you don't have any problems with it spend the money on entry and paint and get better!

#6 WilliamG562

WilliamG562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

How is it with a new baarrel? the stock barrel (for me) breaks paint once in a while, but its not too bad. I was thinking about one in the future, but not sure how much of a difference it would make. Which did you chose and how well has it worked?

I picked up a barrel called critical 100g, super light a lot of porting bore size 688 its honestly amazing grouping I'm shooting premium pink fill so far I've played 2 entire days with it and no brakes.

#7 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

a new gun.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#8 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

The best upgrade for any gun, skill. Don't worry about upgrades unless there's something wrong, and spend your money on paint and entry. Practice and get better. Then get a new gun when your ready. Dumping your money into a g5 won't give you anything in the long haul.

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I picked up a barrel called critical 100g, super light a lot of porting bore size 688 its honestly amazing grouping I'm shooting premium pink fill so far I've played 2 entire days with it and no brakes.

Barrels don't effect accuracy, nor do they need brakes because they don't move.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Ebay>Sell Item>Sell>Ebay>Buy Item>Paintball Markers

Just Kidding! Upgrades are pretty pointless just play with the marker and if you want to upgrade buy a new high end marker it will come with everything you need and you wont have to upgrade it.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#11 WilliamG562

WilliamG562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

why get a barrel then just for looks? haha and that gun is a little out of my price range im not loaded with money to be able to afford a 1000 dollar gun plus why would you spend that much money when 280 fps is 280 fps your just buying the brand name they all work the basically the same. To clarify i was talking about the paint not breaking in the barrel on my stock barrel for some reason would get barrel brakes every once in a while

#12 syllabuz

syllabuz

Just Keepin' It Real...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

No aftermarket upgrades are available on the G5 yet. that critical barrel and some good paint would suffice for now.
The G5 has the same eyes found in the FX's, but laser eyes are not much of an upgrade.
I would suggest a good lube e.g. gog grease, monkey poo or techt gun sav.
Somebody (uninformed and/or didnt research about the gun) used the included DP40 lube with the marker, he experienced bolt stick... <_<

Any knowledgeable Dangerous Power user knows, DP LUBE is CRAP! (though i use it for my inline regs but not for lubing the bolt)

POS

#13 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

why get a barrel then just for looks?

Because a new barrel allows you to underbore, assuming its bought in a bore smaller than the paint you intend on using. It increases efficiency by about 10%, which can either make a negligible or measurable difference depending on how efficient the gun is in the first place.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#14 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

why get a barrel then just for looks? haha and that gun is a little out of my price range im not loaded with money to be able to afford a 1000 dollar gun plus why would you spend that much money when 280 fps is 280 fps your just buying the brand name they all work the basically the same. To clarify i was talking about the paint not breaking in the barrel on my stock barrel for some reason would get barrel brakes every once in a while

Again, why do you need barrel brakes at all, do you need to slow the barrel down?

But seriously, the G5 is fine as is, the only things you could need are a better barrel or better lube.

#15 syllabuz

syllabuz

Just Keepin' It Real...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Because a new barrel allows you to underbore, assuming its bought in a bore smaller than the paint you intend on using. It increases efficiency by about 10%, which can either make a negligible or measurable difference depending on how efficient the gun is in the first place.

/\ this.

its 2013, he's not a dumbass anymore. :tup:
But that T-rex in a hopper, EPIC!

POS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users