17 replies to this topic

#1 11Hook

11Hook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Evening All,

I recently purchased a Virtue Spire. I was swayed by the fact that all the other Virtue products I have are top notch, and that although my Rotor works flawlessly I do wish it had a bit more capacity. It took me a bit to get used to the way the Spire feeds (ie the little sensor thingy that spins when the marker fires, not on ball stack tension), and I admit I thought it was broken when I got it out of the box and it did . . . well . . . what it does. So far with a few cases through it I have had no breakages, or issues with it mechanically. My only bit of heartache is as I get close to running out of ammo somewhat regularly the balls do not feed from the front of the hopper to the rear. I know it is a small complaint, but for a bit of kit this expensive I do kind of expect near flawless operation. Anyone else running into similar issues, and or found a way to correct it. I still have not made up my mind about it. Thoughts?

-Hook

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

It is amazing.

You just have to be a man and tilt your hopper back a bit. I did it with my Z2 and I do it with my Spire. It is the best superloader IMO and I have gone through all of them extensively.

#3 dave_zok

dave_zok

Ditka says be nice on the Internet

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Same issue that's why I sold my spire. I hated it

It is amazing.

You just have to be a man and tilt your hopper back a bit. I did it with my Z2 and I do it with my Spire. It is the best superloader IMO and I have gone through all of them extensively.

Shoot with you gun facing up the whole time. Really.
My Feedback

LNIB SE 2012 G6R with ups
Nobody cares that you're under 18 and pay for all your own gear.

#4 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I used to absolutely love my rotors, until I got my spire.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is it that hard to tilt your marker up every once and a while?

I like playing down low on the bunkers and I do have to tilt my marker up more to get the angle.

#6 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Or just throw another pod in your hopper and your good.

#7 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

^This

When your hopper is running that low I've found that ALL superloaders (I don't know about the Pinokio because I have yet to test it) will have trouble feeding the last few balls... Either put another pod in the hopper or tilt the damn thing. Posted Image

#8 11Hook

11Hook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Huh I didn't realize being a man involved tipping my hopper backwards. I shall add that to the list.

Did anyone else change their sensitivity settings higher on it as well?

#9 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yeah pretty much all hoppers I've used lose consistency on the final balls/need some form of shaking, even the pinokio popcorns the last few balls to some extent. Its just something you deal with.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#10 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

I think the spire not feeding the last couple of balls is good. It will get you in a habit of not letting your spire get low enough to where you have to tilt back to feed. And in all honesty it's just like 10 balls and unless your playing pump 10 balls aren't make much of a difference.
\Posted Image

#11 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

^This

When your hopper is running that low I've found that ALL superloaders (I don't know about the Pinokio because I have yet to test it) will have trouble feeding the last few balls... Either put another pod in the hopper or tilt the damn thing. Posted Image

Pinokio has been fine feeding last few paintballs for me

#12 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

I really don't see what the issue is. The spire fits 200 balls, you should never get it down to the point where you have to tip it back and both the rotor and the spire don't magically feed the paint when you are down to your last few shots. This seems to be the most common complaint about the spire, and not to be too blunt about it, but this is really just user error, people need to learn when to refill.
What I Rock:
Marker: Clone GT/Etek4 Pooty style
Mask: Grill/i4
Hopper: Spire/Rotor
Deadmau5 beanie

#13 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I still have my rotor and love it!!! However, I am surrounded by players who had to have the Virtue when it came out. I don't have any complaints and I have played around with it and have done a review on how easy its assembly is, but I will be doing a performance review this weekend to see what I really think. I agree with how sensitive it is when the vibrations. Yes, there are settings to change, but people who don't know that right away can have bad experiences. That's one annoyance to the players is that they feel a need to turn it off for safety reasons where they didn't with their other loaders.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

The spire fits 200 balls, you should never get it down to the point where you have to tip it back

Although true, if you are holding down a lane and you are more concentrated on the opposing team you will not be counting shots.

Either the hopper or the marker needs an alarm that warns you when you have about 20 balls in your hopper.

#15 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

From my experience the Spire is solid all around. Most of the complaints I've heard are just nitpicking, the Spire is a very good loader.

#16 dave_zok

dave_zok

Ditka says be nice on the Internet

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Is it that hard to tilt your marker up every once and a while?

I like playing down low on the bunkers and I do have to tilt my marker up more to get the angle.

You play down low on bunkers and tilt your gun down. Ok that makes perfect sense. You don't have to tilt any of my rotors
My Feedback

LNIB SE 2012 G6R with ups
Nobody cares that you're under 18 and pay for all your own gear.

#17 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

^This

I just got a pinokio,I just shake my whole gun when I get low...(oh and it feeds to the last ball if you don't stop shooting)

Edited by CptKaveman, 01 March 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#18 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

^This

I just got a pinokio,I just shake my whole gun when I get low...(oh and it feeds to the last ball if you don't stop shooting)

Haha, you pinokio guys are getting me excited about getting my pinokio in a couple of days!

But back on topic, they're all the same I have a Z2, a Rotor, a Velocity Junior, a Halo B, a Viewloader Eye force, and a shake and shoot. The only one that feeds the last couple of balls without being tilted is my shake and shoot, get used to it, they all do their job and everything $100 and up will usually do the job it's supposed to just in different ways, the Z2 is sound activated, the Rotor is continuous, and the spire is "sonic" activated, fucking woopty doo! The only reason I prefer my Z2 is because it's fucking sexy as fuck to me.
109.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users