Mehh.
I doubt anyone cares, but THERMAL LENS ON TIPPMANN MASK? OMG END OF WORLD
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Biggest thing I see from the Alpha black is that it has a removable carry handle and has an integrated rail into the grip.
No more cutting off the carry handle from your alpha black... As if anybody liked that gun anyways.

#2 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Classic Tippmann move "upgrade"(I use the word loosely) the bodies and re-brand it. I await they day that we see a completely original Tippmann release.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#3 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Nothing is original from Tippmann these days.
X7 Phenom was basically an automag.

#4 jakeC

jakeC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Good to get a preview of the guns that will be on craigslist next year.

#5 DcSalem

DcSalem

I Rule The EGO World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Good to get a preview of the guns that will be on craigslist next year.

LOL

getting pretty sick of them adding us army on there crap

Life is hell but so it the society we live in!

I MISS MY EGO8

#6 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

It's good marketeering for the new kids though.
Wanna play army man? Okay, here's a gun licensed by the US Army. Have fun broski

#7 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Nothing is original from Tippmann these days.
X7 Phenom was basically an automag.

Might be so but I sure have a lot of fun with m Phenom.

#8 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

true true, but that's really Tippmann's only great product in the past 10 years.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

true true, but that's really Tippmann's only great product in the past 10 years.

Tpx is pretty fun as well, but after the A5 and the 98 became obsolete to all but the ignorant or uniformed, they have made no marker thats actually good.
X7 I would think about getting because I can fulfil two goals at once:
Cool milsim project gun I can waste my money on
Get an emag

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

The tipx. That's the only gun I have from tippmann
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#11 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Its all rental crap... they have like three markers worth buying and they added the word elite to the side and nothing else to that one marker... Its pretty clear who they market to the only good products they make are the Crossover, Tipx, Elevation packs and NXe pods and maybe one or two other little things... the rest is rental crap or made for people who want to play woodsball forever and there is nothing wrong with that but if you are trying to get in the sport on a budget dont fall for the Tippmann Trap...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#12 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Its all rental crap... they have like three markers worth buying and they added the word elite to the side and nothing else to that one marker... Its pretty clear who they market to the only good products they make are the Crossover, Tipx, Elevation packs and NXe pods and maybe one or two other little things... the rest is rental crap or made for people who want to play woodsball forever and there is nothing wrong with that but if you are trying to get in the sport on a budget dont fall for the Tippmann Trap...

I some what agree.
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#13 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

why would you want to remove the rail thats how you aim :dodgy:
+2/-0my feedback

First gain the victory and then make the best use of it---Horatio Nelson

#14 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Tpx is pretty fun as well, but after the A5 and the 98 became obsolete to all but the ignorant or uniformed, they have made no marker thats actually good.

Seriously, we get it, you hate the A-5 and 98... But, calling me and the others that use them ignorant or uninformed is just rude.

I LIKE the A-5, and 98, they WORK, all the time, every time.

Seriously dude, we get it, you hate the A-5. But, back off, there are MILLIONS of them out there for a reason, and your constant attack on them in thread after thread is enough already.

I have NO expensive hopper, (my new style X-7 hopper was $5.99) and my cyclone feeds balls as fast as I can pull the trigger. With NO batteries, it kicks like a real gun, and carries like a real gun. So seriously, we get it, you hate the 98 and A-5. But, enough with the constant slamming on them every chance you get. As people that just want to PLAY paintball and not mess with their gear LIKE them for a reason. And just because YOU disagree with them, and recommend rebranded smart parts crap from a company that screwed tons of paintballers and most likely WILL DO IT AGAIN is just annoying...

#15 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Seriously, we get it, you hate the A-5 and 98... But, calling me and the others that use them ignorant or uninformed is just rude.

Seriously dude, we get it, you hate the A-5. But, back off, there are MILLIONS of them out there for a reason, and your constant attack on them in thread after thread is enough already.

I have NO expensive hopper, (my new style X-7 hopper was $5.99) and my cyclone feeds balls as fast as I can pull the trigger. With NO batteries, it kicks like a real gun, and carries like a real gun. So seriously, we get it, you hate the 98 and A-5. But, enough with the constant slamming on them every chance you get. As people that just want to PLAY paintball and not mess with their gear LIKE them for a reason. And just because YOU disagree with them, and recommend rebranded smart parts crap from a company that screwed tons of paintballers and most likely WILL DO IT AGAIN is just annoying...

I remember the first time I came back to a field to play after say 12 years of being out of paintball, I was just really impressed with how much better a Tippmann 98 was than the nelson pumps or spyders I used in the mid-90's. So I can totally see the appeal to picking up and using either the 98 or A5 - you know they're going to work and work well for weekend play. This goes back to the speedball mentality vs. recreation... and I don't mean it as a bad thing, but a guy that wants to play in the woods with a flatline vs. a guy that wants to shoot four pods on an airball field are really playing different games with nearly the same equipment. Trying to explain the cost and reward systems for both leads to errors in communication transmission.

I completely agree with whoever said above Spqr-king that you can spend just as much money on Tippmann products as other speedball products, though. I think that's the area that players respond negatively towards when you're spending hundreds of dollars on cosmetic modifications yet your marker doesn't perform any differently than before (apex/flatline excepted).

Edited by unfated33, 18 March 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#16 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

I second this also. People don't need to hear you endlessly hate on a company that is one of the most popular and respected companies to exist in paintball. Tippmann revolutionized this sport more times than I can count, and they did it before you and I were even born. You're almost as bad as KingJurzy when he sees an Invert Mini thread. :P

I kinda disagree with the rebranded SP comment though, but there's no need to get into that.

#17 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Why do companies continue to release paint grenades...
They're the most useless thing ever invented

#18 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,950 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Because people buy them.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#19 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Just wish Tippmann made their guns out of metal, really crappy holding plastic parts. The all plastic grip on the SMG60 kills me.

Anyway, only a moron buys a Tippmann, why pay for what the field will hand to you for free. The crap Smart Parts and others dish out in the form of Ion clones is equally abundant, just as inexpensive and better in every perceivable way. Tippmanns have had their time.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#20 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Clever redesign on Tippmann's part.
Call of Duty kids getting into paintball will want to add red dot sights and foregrips/flashlights to their guns, and this redesigned Alpha Black allows for that.
I'm assuming they'll be phasing out the Project Salvo, since this gun makes it a bit redundant.

#21 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

Get an emag

or spend less than half of what a nice emag sells for and buy a crossover for all the same features and more, except maybe the swappable breaches (depending on emag model)

#22 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

I don't know if you noticed but tippmanns been making guns longer than most of you have been alive. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
109.gif

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Get an emag

or spend less than half of what a nice emag sells for and buy a crossover for all the same features and more, except maybe the swappable breaches (depending on emag model)

Well they're basically the same thing, that's why I said I'd want to buy an X7 because it is an emag, at the same time, it's milsim.

#24 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

I don't know if you noticed but tippmanns been making guns longer than most of you have been alive. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

By that logic, we'd still be using horse drawn carriages over automobiles.

With innovation comes the obsolescence of older things that came before it.

Do they work? Sure. Can you get a better marker? Yep.

#25 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Can you get a more durable marker? Can you get a marker that has the best customer service behind it in the industry? Can you get a design as proven as the a5 or emag platform? The answer to all those is no. Also some people like the LOOK of Tippmanns and other milsim guns in fact most people do, because they look like real guns, and that's the look most people who come into the sport look for
109.gif

#26 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Not another one of these.

#27 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Can you get a more durable marker? Can you get a marker that has the best customer service behind it in the industry? Can you get a design as proven as the a5 or emag platform? The answer to all those is no.

1. Yes. I haven't seen how Tippmanns are magically more durable than others, under any amount of normal use or even normal field-related abuse.

2. PE customer service is pretty good. I don't have experience with a lot of others so I can't comment on them. The only one I know that's horrible is Kee (or at least, it was as of 2010. It may have changed since).

3. If we were arguing about something that you needed to work 100% for your life, that's an argument you could make. But we're not - we're talking about paintball. I'll take a newer design from a proven company that works 95-98% of the time over something that doesn't perform nearly as well, but does so 100% of the time.

If someone likes the look of the Tippmann, by all means. I'm not trying to say people shouldn't buy them. All I was saying is that if everyone had the philosophy of "if it's not broke don't fix it" then we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are today. That, and there are plenty of choices offering better performance. However, if someone prefers the ultra simple over pure performance, then that is their call and I respect it.

If you like the whole all-mech system without any batteries (cyclone hopper), and are OK with the performance you get from an A5, then all power to you.

#28 chadude100

chadude100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

The rental masks look promising

#29 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

and how many of those "new" markers are innovative? Exactly none.

Tippmanns work, period. People use them for a reason, there relative cheap, sturdy and last a long time. Who cares if people use it for milsim, if thats what those people want to play. Just let them. If those people want to add all kinds of gimmicks they use on real weapons to a paintball marker that is designed to be somewhat look a like of a real weapon, then let it be so. If that makes them happy, then its a win for them.

You don;t have to like it. You all want this sport to grow, but calling people that are buying tippmanns instead of the electro's out there ignorant, stupid, uninformed, dumb, idiots or whatever you can think of, doesn;t help.

The fact is, people that want to play Woodsball, milsim paintball will go will tippmanns or other milsim look alike paintball markers. They want to go with the cheapest price as possible to buy there first marker or buy them for there kids. They aren;t going to shell out a 1000 dollars for the Dye Assault Matrix for example, and hell who can blame them.

#30 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

No marker is better reliability wise then a tippmann. I'd ask you to name one but none are, this same reliability vs performance shit can be put against p.e as well, the g6r is better on paper then an ego yet people always say "The ego is more reliable" as an argument. Which is why I bring the argument up now. The "If it ain't broke don't fix it " argument is made because it works. There's always room for improvement when a problem significant enough persists. If we all still had horse and carriages I can name a dozen problems wrong with it in today's world. Overall tippmanns are tippmanns because no one who actually uses them has many problems. That's why they check out the problems people who use them actually have. I'm sick of people who don't use a product having problems with it. I used to hate on p.e till I woke up and noticed its not effecting eclipse owners so I don't give a fuck

109.gif

#31 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,950 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Tippmanns are not nearly as reliable as you think. I have to deal with our field's rental fleet, and while I'd certainly call them durable, I would not say they are the most reliable guns ever.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#32 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Tippmanns are not nearly as reliable as you think. I have to deal with our field's rental fleet, and while I'd certainly call them durable, I would not say they are the most reliable guns ever.

Tons of agree, I've seen my fair share of them stop working, or not work properly.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#33 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Can we not turn this into a tippmann rant thread?
We already have one, I'm just gonna have the mods close this if it gets out of hand like the other one.

#34 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

True, ive seen tons break down every once and a while at this other field I go to that has them as rentals.

#35 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

meh, I still believe in Tippmann
109.gif

#36 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#37 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

#38 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Wow,never heard so much Tippmann hate
If it werent for Tippmann paintball wouldnt exist as it is today,they made semi play affordable for everyone
Innovations?Who made the (one of?) the 1st full auto guns(SMG),magfed guns(SMG),on gun hopper(F/A&A5),Etrigger,reinvented the Mag platform(X7)
Sure these are all older ideas and models but they led us to where we are today
Id guess a large number of players started playing with Tippmanns,alot of people swear by them
Toyota made the same basic truck for almost 20 years for the same reason Tippmanns have stayed the same,reliability and demand
Sometimes simple is better
Ive been playing since 95,Ive been shot by more Tippmanns than I could dream of counting,what company has the most elliminations of all time?Gun sales of all time?Most player introduced to the sport
Get a clue people,not everyone wants a space d!ldo that shoots 30bps,they want bang for the buck cheap thrills,Tippmann has always and will continue to fill that need

#39 7plymaple

7plymaple

get crazy with the cheese wiz!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Tippmanns are amazing for reliability. The only ones I have seen break down were from being horribly neglected for a long time. Most Tippmann owners are new to the sport and just don't do any gun maintenance until they stop working. And even then you just clean them and they work fine most of the time. I've met several people who had their tippmanns for 2 or three years before they ever opened them up to clean anything.

The only downside to them is how harsh they are on paint. If you look at reliability as their ability to shoot paint without breaking it they are probably the worst markers out there. But if you look at reliability as their ability to just keep working when dirty and unmaintained they are amazing. If you have a good source of tough shelled paint Tippmanns rock. To me it's the paint quality that is the only thing wrong with having a Tippmann. They would be amazing if paint was consistant.

I understand the the point of view of a lot of people hating on the Tippmanns though. I think it comes from the drastic improvement in quality of play provided by modern guns that can shoot delicate paint all day. When you shoot 15 cases of paint in a row with no barrel breaks you really regret all the money you spent on Tippmanns when you first started. But in the end they have their advantages and nothing shoots like them. And they are great for those who enjoy single trigger semi play.

Edited by 7plymaple, 21 March 2013 - 01:27 PM.

If your over 18 and pay for your own gear... toss me a pod!

#40 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Or you can get an enmey and benefit more^

#41 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Who cares if people use it for milsim, if thats what those people want to play. Just let them. If those people want to add all kinds of gimmicks they use on real weapons to a paintball marker that is designed to be somewhat look a like of a real weapon, then let it be so. If that makes them happy, then its a win for them.

You don;t have to like it. You all want this sport to grow, but calling people that are buying tippmanns instead of the electro's out there ignorant, stupid, uninformed, dumb, idiots or whatever you can think of, doesn;t help.

They can play milsim with lots of choices. Doesn't have to be a Tippmann. This has nothing to do with milsim. I don't care what you make your setup look like, if anything.

The only problem I have is when people say that a marker is something that it is not. If we're honest about what it is, what the limitations and advantages are, then great. Use whatever you want based on what you value most.

For example, the advantage of a tippmann is that it's dirt simple. Even a Neanderthal could maintain it or use it. It can be given no maintenance at all except for once a season and probably perform exactly the same as it did at the start. But on the flip side, it's also loud, bulky, inefficient, and not very consistent over a chronograph. For me, I'll take the slightly more complicated design and need to maintain more often in order to get better consistency and efficiency.

I don't call new players starting out with a Tippmann an idiot. I only start speaking up when people start making claims for something it's not. That's it.

Agreed 100%.

#42 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

my brothers Electronic alpha black jammed more than an old black man who found his old soul train dvd's, it had zero positives, it was less reliable and less durable than my cocker (after i found out my field superglued the fucking reg) it was kicky, it was heavy it was loud etc etc etc.

TL:DR i am NOT excited for this new crap from tippmann

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#43 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Because people buy them.

YOU SIR ARE CORRECT!!!

I've bought at least a dozen by now.........havent taken anyone out yet.....but I love em. lol
Posted Image

#44 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Well, at least new players will have stuff. I always give my best recommendations to new players, and when they usually don't follow my advice, oh well.
Posted Image

#45 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

You are talking out of your a$$ about smart parts just the same as orange chicken is about tippmans. If your gonna call someone out on something it helps if you dont do it yourself. Gog products are solid for the price, and they did not screw any paintballer. I can still get my SP markers serviced with them, usually on their dime if its a warantee issue (even though out of warantee) - a testiment to their CS.

Just my 2 cents.

Now back on topic- markers evolve based on sales. Its a shame the uninformed buy these markers. I believe they are basing a false market for these, and are preventing the evolution of the design. I see potential for a redesigned tippman, that strays away from the clamshell to an easier bolt out the back design. Unscrew the back cap and the hammer -oring can easily be accessed and lubed up without taking apart the whole marker. It would certainly make the marker more user friendly, but the current sales has no incentive for tippman to innovate this design.

Other niches on the other hand such as the crossover, tipx and the phenom are an entirely different story.

#46 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

You are talking out of your a$ about smart parts just the same as orange chicken is about tippmans. If your gonna call someone out on something it helps if you dont do it yourself. Gog products are solid for the price, and they did not screw any paintballer. I can still get my SP markers serviced with them, usually on their dime if its a warantee issue (even though out of warantee) - a testiment to their CS.

Just my 2 cents.

Now back on topic- markers evolve based on sales. Its a shame the uninformed buy these markers. I believe they are basing a false market for these, and are preventing the evolution of the design. I see potential for a redesigned tippman, that strays away from the clamshell to an easier bolt out the back design. Unscrew the back cap and the hammer -oring can easily be accessed and lubed up without taking apart the whole marker. It would certainly make the marker more user friendly, but the current sales has no incentive for tippman to innovate this design.

Other niches on the other hand such as the crossover, tipx and the phenom are an entirely different story.

You do know what smart parts has done to paintball?
109.gif

#47 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,950 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Smart Parts was not the evil company many of you think it was.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#48 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yes, revolutionized it. Why do you think you have so many affordable spools below $600 today? Thank the SP ion.

Marker adaptation and market imbalance is such a wonderful thing for innovation to occur. Which is why it is so lacking in tippmans 98 line of markers. Market imbalance is needed in that sector to streamline the design of those markers.

Edited by Danny D, 21 March 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#49 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Yes, revolutionized it. Why do you think you have so many affordable spools below $600 today? Thank the SP ion.

Marker adaptation and market imbalance is such a wonderful thing for innovation to occur. Which is why it is so lacking in tippmans 98 line of markers. Market imbalance is needed in that sector to streamline the design of those markers.

As true as that is they also brought innovative companies to the ground and sued them if they did not submit to one of their cease and desist letters, they milked the industry of innovation for quite a while until they tried to sue WDP and I'm sure we all know how that went.... smart parts did give a lot but they took quite a lot too.
109.gif

#50 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

OK HOLD UP.... As far as SP suing companies into the ground, yea its true they did, also however they were a pretty innovative company. That said I'd call their total affect on paintball a positive one. Just because SP thought of it and did it first Doesn't mean that DYE wouldn't have done it instead. Thats the way the industry was at the time, mislead and do anything to get a leg up on the competition.

as far as tippmann 98s and A5s not being a good product, it works excellent for what it was designed to be, An affordable, durable, no non-sense, no frills marker... i'll tell ya what if ANY GOG marker can stand up to what i've seen rental kids do to 98s and A5s including banging two gun bodies together like swords over and over again, or shooting rocks out the barrel i'll maybe, possibly, start singing GOG praise, till then, Their just updated ions and epiphanies

Edited by fatalreaction, 22 March 2013 - 04:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users