• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Llabtniap

Llabtniap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

To be honest, I'd really like to get one but there is so much besides the Resurrection at the $550 price range that I probably won't be buying one. So these are my reasons for thinking that the Resurrection Autococker will not sell well.

1. It doesn't appeal to 'cocker snobs. Being that it's new and isn't "classic" this will kill the interest for the 'cocker snobs. (I'm a wannabe 'cocker snob) Half the fun of shooting an Autococker is the feeling of shooting a piece of paintball history.

2. It's not a good option for someone looking for a marker in the $500-$600 price range.  At that price range you could buy an Axe or other great markers. Nuff said. 

3. The GOG Enmey is $420 less. If someone is looking for a mechanical, smooth, consistent shooting marker, then chances are they're going to get the Enmey especially considering they could buy a full setup and upgrades with the money saved. 

4. They took a Sniper Pump and put a pneumatics ram on it. This may not be a real reason, but I feel like they really cheaped out on the design.

What do you think about the Autococker Resurrection?
My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...0

LLABTNIAP
PAINTBALL

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

I know of quite a few people on MCB and CC that are going to get one. Some of the "snobs" are just plain excited to see another cocker out. It obviously won't be as popular as other guns, but I doubt that Kee has a full warehouse of them expecting it to sell like other guns.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

People are going to buy it simply because it comes with great stock parts (something WGP didn't seem to believe in) and because it's an Autococker released in 2013, which is pretty cool.

But it definitely won't sell like any electro in the price range or even like the Enmy.

Edited by dannyboy768, 27 February 2013 - 09:59 PM.

DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#4 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

I would get one if I had the money but I would probly rather have a sniper cause I am a pump guy

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#5 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

fuck cocker snobs, as a matter of fact, fuck all the "snobs"

who gives a shit what they think. Even if the gun said WGP on the side, and was signed by Bud Orr AND Glenn Palmer they still wouldn't buy it

In paintball, you have to just come to the realization that there is a particular "demographic" that will not buy anything, regardless of how it's made, who made it, the craftsmanship that went into it, doesn't matter

Even if Belsales found 1,000 pre-2000 autocockers, and had them all anodized at Smart Parts with the original Smart Parts Splash anno, they still wouldn't buy it. Even if Westwood starting making autocockers again, the "snobs" wouldn't buy it. So fuck what they think, they collectively represent ZERO buying power and their opinions are not factored into anyone's decision to release a new product

I personally am EXTREMELY excited about this gun, anytime you see a slide frame'd autococker with a clamping feedneck, that's something you need to jump on ASAP

#6 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

I will probably buy one, once the market gets flushed with a few and Resell value goes down a bit.

I feel that Simon really but a ton of Heart into this gun when he explained it to hustle paintball, I've never heard him speak so fast with such a Huge smile. When a VP of Engineering is that excited about something as simple as an autococker you know they put a lot of heart into this marker not just "How can we get 10,000 people to buy this marker"

I view this marker for the people who have been in the sport a very long time and this will offer them a GREAT marker to get in touch with their grass roots they started with. :wub:

Edited by Panda Man, 27 February 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

After i read Mike's post i went back and looked at the pictures and just realized that it had a slider frame.
I never even noticed

#8 silvere108

silvere108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

How long before someone puts an autotrigger on one? Can't wait until a vid is posted. Just turn the lpr down to start with.
Thread Killer!

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

How long before someone puts an autotrigger on one? Can't wait until a vid is posted. Just turn the lpr down to start with.

Its not the Empire cocker, but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIiyvTGiOqA

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

I think it's a great thing to have a large company produce brand-new, high quality autocockers in relatively high numbers. It would be cool if it opens up the autococker market more. It would be cool to see more companies make autocockers, and not pumps.

#11 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

I think it's a great thing to have a large company produce brand-new, high quality autocockers in relatively high numbers. It would be cool if it opens up the autococker market more. It would be cool to see more companies make autocockers, and not pumps.

+ :tup: x Googolplexian

#12 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I would be so happy to see some more cheap cockers come out. Just a plane jane full body with nice pnues please. and a price tag at or under 200.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#13 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Little pricy at $550, I have been looking to pick up my first autococker..... Now where to "find" $550?

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#14 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I would be so happy to see some more cheap cockers come out. Just a plane jane full body with nice pnues please. and a price tag at or under 200.

This.

Unmilled, undrilled.

Literally just a box.

#15 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

I'm interested, and I have the means....
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#16 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Posted Image

#17 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

^... no. :mellow:

only thing that marker has been good for is taking up the supply of sniper kits.

#18 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Posted Image

^This reminds me of something...

Edited by dannyboy768, 28 February 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#19 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Well, let me grab a 98 Custom, then go grab a Belsales autococker and compare them... most likely be the same shots.

#20 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Edited by dannyboy768, 28 February 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#21 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'm really excited, I've been waiting for a good quality modern cocker for a very long time.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#22 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I like it.
Something I wouldn't buy because I don't know how to deal with peanumatics lol

#23 Llabtniap

Llabtniap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

Well I'm glad to see all the positive opinions about this, I was honestly not expecting it :)
My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...0

LLABTNIAP
PAINTBALL

#24 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

When a VP of Engineering is that excited about something as simple as an autococker you know they put a lot of heart into this marker not just "How can we get 10,000 people to buy this marker"

First time I've ever heard anyone say this.

Anyway, I like that people gripe about a $550 autococker when back in 04 people would have paid over $800 for one that they would still need to swap the pneumatics off of. Personally, having never owned an autococker I would pick one of these up in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Edited by p8ntballin007, 28 February 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#25 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

I just grip bought a $550 Cocker now cause now ya can basically get a $425 Emag (TIPPMANN Crossover).

I think the cocker is just over priced now. I began playing in the hey day of the mag vs cocker wars. I was always a Mag guy purely for the performance aspect. But I always loved Cockers for there just over complicated mechanical character and would love to add one to my collection but its just crazy to spend that much on one.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#26 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

When a VP of Engineering is that excited about something as simple as an autococker you know they put a lot of heart into this marker not just "How can we get 10,000 people to buy this marker"

First time I've ever heard anyone say this.

Anyway, I like that people gripe about a $550 autococker when back in 04 people would have paid over $800 for one that they would still need to swap the pneumatics off of. Personally, having never owned an autococker I would pick one of these up in a heartbeat if I had the money.

You have to remember they made this cocker for the less mechanically inclined player. The Frame is set-up not to short stroke, and you don't have to deal with the Back Black portion of the marker, just the front three way.

#27 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

I just grip bought a $550 Cocker now cause now ya can basically get a $425 Emag (TIPPMANN Crossover).

I think the cocker is just over priced now. I began playing in the hey day of the mag vs cocker wars. I was always a Mag guy purely for the performance aspect. But I always loved Cockers for there just over complicated mechanical character and would love to add one to my collection but its just crazy to spend that much on one.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users