23 replies to this topic

#1 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

So my buddy's little sister is about to graduate high school and is a part of a committee to choose their class song. This made me reflect on my class song of "Good Riddance (The Time of Your Life)" by Green Day, and how enraged I was when I found out that it was chosen to represent the whole of class 2010 at my school.

What pisses me off the most about it is that the song itself is just a polite way of saying "Fuck you all". Hell, if that's not obvious enough, the damned title is "Good Riddance". How do you fucking miss that? Instead, we got a bunch of brain-dead twat-bags with the same music taste as Helen Keller, who don't realize the chorus "I hope you have the time of your life" is completely and 100% sarcastic. They take it completely out of context and think "Oh, what a happy little message, let's have it be our legacy".
And what's worse is this shit's not even original to our school. Numerous schools around the nation have fallen prey to such ineptitude to understand this song since the damn thing came out in 1997, causing this to be the supposed identifying song of countless classes. Real fucking identifiable, huh?
So, by using this overrated song, not only did these dipshits in my school unwittingly make us seem like a bunch of cynical assholes (even though I am one, that's not the point), they also made us seem like unoriginal drones lacking any kind of self-identity. Real fucking inspiring, morons; I'm so proud to have been a part of it all.

Despite their utter failure at representing our school through music, they did manage to have that song fit in one way: The only thing I have to say to these fuck-tarded imbeciles is "Good Riddance".

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,999 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

It's high school. Who cares?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

It was the very end of high school, when most of the high school bullshit is often weeded out. This leads me to believe these imbeciles created this atrocity with their own "mature" mind-set.
Who's to say they're not off still being clueless asshats after these past few years?

Besides, it's still a stain on any amount of nostalgia you could have had. It's like if your senior yearbook picture consisted of an albatross taking a liquid shit on your head.

Edited by Antonious, 27 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,917 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

It was the very end of high school, when most of the high school bullshit is often weeded out.

You obviously don't know high school. :lol:

The end of high school is not when the bullshit is weeded out, it's when the bullshit really gets started, in preparation for college. :P

#5 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

It was the very end of high school, when most of the high school bullshit is often weeded out.

The end of high school is not when the bullshit is weeded out, it's when the bullshit really gets started, in preparation for college. :P

That's when it happened for me. Then again, I enlisted in the Air Force a few months after graduating. If y'all are still dealing with the same kind of bullshit in college, then I'm glad I chose the path I did.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#6 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

The easiest way to deal with it is to say "fuck it" and move on. All that high school drama seems important during high school, but about five minutes after you get your diploma you realize it was worth about as much as a sack of dogshit.I had fun in high school, but everyone needs to move on at some point, preferably after graduating.

They played the same song at my graduation. At first I though it was fitting, then I realized how cliched and stupid the song choice was. I then realized that my high school experience was nothing special, it was just as cliched and stupid as everybody else's. At that point, I just quit caring, made sure to remember the good stuff, and moved on.

#7 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Old Green Day :tup:... Even if the song isn't fitting, it's better than 80% of the other songs they would have chosen.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#8 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

last year, our school had the choir sing bohemian rhapsody for graduation, no idea how that song would pertain to moving on to a better future.

Edited by Klub, 28 February 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#9 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

stupid double posts

Edited by Klub, 28 February 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#10 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

i am actually shocked that anyone even remembers what their high school graduation class song was ...

#11 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,999 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I don't even remember if we had one.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#12 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

That's when it happened for me. Then again, I enlisted in the Air Force a few months after graduating. If y'all are still dealing with the same kind of bullshit in college, then I'm glad I chose the path I did.

Nah it goes away. At the beginning of the year the freshmen are optimistic, excited and bring all their stupid drama. By the end of the year college has beaten them unmerciful and they become as apathetic and cynical as the rest of us.

A perfect example is on the first day of college freshmen will be all dressed up and nervous while anyone who has been there for more than a month is walking to their first class looking like they're either just out of bed or homeless. When you are on 3 hours of sleep, have 2 tests, homework, and three papers due, you stop caring about anything outside of school and maybe a boy/girlfriend because you just don't have the energy.

Edited by `kook, 28 February 2013 - 04:00 AM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#13 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Seems like a good choice to me. I know I said good riddance to every single person I went to high school with, and honestly I've never looked back.

You'll soon realize that 99% of the people you were stuck with will no longer be friends of yours when you're not simply stuck with them all day. Besides, high school is a joke these days.

And on the note of drama - oh boy there's lots in the military. It's just hidden behind a rank structure.

#14 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

And on the note of drama - oh boy there's lots in the military. It's just hidden behind a rank structure.

This is true.
Fortunately, I'm maintenance, so it's not quite as apparent.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#15 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

You guys have official songs for your classes?
I can't decide if that's sad, tragic or funny.

#16 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

You guys have official songs for your classes?
I can't decide if that's sad, tragic or funny.

I wouldn't say official, but it just kinda happens. And it's all three.

#17 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

:tup:

always liked this song when it came to high school:

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#18 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I'm trying to get this to be my class's graduation song

Edited by madsnipes, 28 February 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Thrift shop was going to be this senior years song for our school. Well, it was recommended and supported by tons of seniors.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#20 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

In 5 years, you'll get to look back and laugh at all the assholes and birches that got fat and work a shitty deadend job they hate....unless you become one of them in which case, don't laugh and get your shit together.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#21 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Don't think my highschool does that but then again the day I turned 16 I was done.

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#22 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

they had an 8th grade song last year at my school. guess what won? Drake: the Motto. yep, my generation. and they turned down my request.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#23 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

In 5 years, you'll get to look back and laugh at all the assholes and birches that got fat and work a shitty deadend job they hate....unless you become one of them in which case, don't laugh and get your shit together.

i couldn't agree more, (i feel like im about to date myself) but when i went to my 10 year reunion quite a few years ago every fuck hole that hit their peak in high school was old, fat, balding, came out of the closet or was just strung out on drugs and alcohol. i wasted alot of time caring about what others thought of me when i was that age, seeing those people in the state they were in made me realize how insignificant those feelings were. let it go brother, stay safe in the service and ball to you fall...

Edited by JEEP GUY, 18 April 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

they had an 8th grade song last year at my school. guess what won? Drake: the Motto. yep, my generation. and they turned down my request.

Oh shut up. Not that I like drake or anything, but I absolutely hate poser dicks with an unnecessary superiority complex when it comes to their 'generation'. There's always stupid people in this world. You're not any damn better than those people if you're dumb enough to have them represent OUR generation of human beings.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 18 April 2013 - 09:18 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users