29 replies to this topic

#1 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 15, years? Will you still be playing? Hopes, dreams, and goals are all welcome just wondering where people see themselves new and old.

Hell may as well answer my own question.

I would love to take the Gamecocks to the NCPA being that it was started by me and a friend it would be amazing to see that and perhaps make the club one of the largest in college by the time I leave. I want it to be made up of a diverse group of players not just a speedball team but a group of paintballers who have that as a common bond despite what they choose to play. After I graduate I plan to keep doing what im doing now. Filming, promoting and enjoying paintball. I would love to be able to open a field in my hometown as there are none within an hours drive yet it is the capital of the state... All my friends and I drive an hour to go play at another field which is amazing but still not a fun drive. Other then that I have no idea I doubt half of this will happen but if you aim low you will only hit the dirt anyway right?

Edited by spqr-king, 28 February 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Still playing, own a V-com, own a KP2 that does not need a tank (springed KP2)

#3 Totes Magotes

Totes Magotes

Latress on the menjay.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

I've been playing paintball since I was 16. Being 21 now I hope to play for at least another 5 years maybe 10. I would like to be better off financially so I can afford to go to the field more than once a month that's my goal
Posted Image

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,635 posts

My 98 will eventually leak and I'll have to go through the tedium of removing everything thats glued on it to fix it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

I'm almost positive I'll still be playing, most likely rec though. Maybe some 3 mans here and there if I have extra cash. Hopefully I'll become the gun whore I have always wanted to be, and I can play regularly at a decent field with a decent group of people.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#6 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

still playing Rec.

in 10 years I hope to have my oldest son competing in rookie tournaments IF he wants to, I'm not going to force paintball or anything else down on him except maybe The Boy Scouts.

15 Years, I hope to see my kids mature into some incredible athletic players that have heart, even if they aren't "Pro" I would just love to see them competing.

#7 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

as out of shape as most paintball players are, I should be able to D3/D2 till I'm 60

#8 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I'll eventually become so involved with my 40+ hour engineering job, that I will not have time for paintball and then have a mid life crisis buying all the new paintball markers that come out and eventually not have enough money to support my family. (Which seems a bit difficult considering only a couple markers come out every year and an average of $50 an hour for a job but I digress) :dodgy:

I'll have one or two pumps and my custom 1 of 1 tron lasered shego/spimmy/egomag whatever the fuck I decide to waste money on.

#9 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

as out of shape as most paintball players are, I should be able to D3/D2 till I'm 60

hahaha.

looks down at his gut. ...

oh... :(

Edited by Panda Man, 28 February 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#10 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

I won't be playing because paintball won't exist because paintball is dying guys.

Posted Image

I love you.

#11 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

I won't be playing because paintball won't exist because paintball is dying guys.

Posted Image

because we will be using simulations by then... fuck the outdoors when you can go sit in a tube all day and just pretend to be in reality.

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

because we will be using simulations by then... fuck the outdoors when you can go sit in a tube all day and just pretend to be in reality.

I second this.

#13 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Posted Image

I'm sold.

I love you.

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'm sold.

Thanks for quoting me too Lemon.

#15 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

You're welcome.

I love you.

#16 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

shooting an s6.5, with OG eps framed flexes and an OG hk army headband Posted Image

#17 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

I quit playing four years ago who knows maybe in five years I'll be playing again but most likely not
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#18 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Whoring through paintball markers still.
Playing at least d1

#19 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Playing with my team at giant scenarios all over the country.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#20 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hopefully, still rec/occasional big game scenario playing.

But I need more money. And the rest of life keeps trying to steal that. So who knows how much longer I'll be around. I don't see me really progressing past the local/regional events again with the possible exception of another Living Legends.

I don't have a lot of paintball goals because honestly, I did most of them already. Joined a team. Been to D-Day. Been to Living Legends. Was a general at a scenario game (800 player game just across the WI border). Outside of producing a scenario or being a general at a national event, what else is there outside of going through tournament play? I'm never going to get the chance to do either of those, so I don't worry about them. I don't go to enough events to get that kind of position, and I'm OK with that.

Tournament play just doesn't appeal to me. I have nothing against it or against tournament players, but I just don't care about it.

So yeah, guess I'll just try to hang around and keep playing low key paintball and go to some big games in the process.

#21 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

I'll still be playing, for now the tournament scene doesn't interest me at all. Too many self obsorbed pricks playing tournament ball. But maybe that will change, I'll definitely still be playing though, I'm 23 now and plan to play until I can't physically do it anymore.

#22 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Being as I still love this sport 14 years in. I don't foresee myself giving it up any time soon (provided I can still play aka if my bloody leg ever heals).

I see my self still getting out there and ripping on my Automag, Still playing pump for pure fun and still trying to better my game.

I hopping if I can recover well enuff to give a go at local turny play with a All MECH shooting team.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hopefully get to D2, but im sure med school will stop that from ever happening. Probably play more recball and probably join a scenario team to attend some events. I honestly see myself just playing for fjn and owning all the guns ive wanted, and just bringing people out to play.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#24 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ehh, I don't know anymore, I don't really care to play that much. I've got college coming up and after that I plan on joining the marines or something.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#25 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Play once and a while these days. I'm now 21, started when I was 9 (I believe in 2000?) and had several hiatuses. I just go to a practice when I want, and I can still spank kids pretty decently most days haha. Played a decent amount in 2011 but only a handful of times in 2012.

Playing like crazy from 2008 to 2010 (3 times some weeks) wore me out, but it made me realize what things I wanted to do in life, and am more involved in those things now...bodybuilding, cars, gaming, that sort of thing. Also, things like shooting Autocockers for years helped make me quite tech savvy and what not.

Sometimes I regret everything I put towards paintball (money and time mostly) but there's a lot of experiences, friends and what not that are very valuable to me. I've still got my Geo2, SL74, the first Autococker I bought, and a bunch of gear that I didn't feel like selling when I liquidated my stuff. I'll probably always play here and there to have fun and remind myself that it played a part in who I've become.

Edited by VICE_ROY, 28 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.

"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#26 Cossak11

Cossak11

That guy who blasts Celtic rock when he enters the field.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

I will, play paintball until i'm unable to physically. I'm hoping to do some of the larger scenario games (Like Oklahoma D-day) in a few years, but mainly i'll just stick to local woodsball.
We deal in paint friend.

Commander 11th Michigan paintball volunteers AKA The Obsidian Knights

#27 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I see myself:
- Still playing paintball even if I have to find the time for it.
- Owning a paintball field, store, & maybe be a distribuitor or own a factory.
- Promoting paintball in my country.

#28 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

More money to playa and playing more tournaments.
\Posted Image

#29 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

In 5 years hopefully I will be playing for Liberty University in the NCPA.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#30 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I'll be playing on a college team, nothing too serious. Maybe D3/D2 but nothing farther than that. My main passion is physics so I plan on finishing that up within the next 10 years (haven't actually started college yet, I will be a 2014/2015 freshman).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users