• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I found out that my eyes SUCK, so I am going to need to wear glasses under my mask.

This is going to cause my eye glasses to fog underneath my PB Mask.

I have Proto Axis Pro mask and it does come with a fan, but the fan is proving not to work effectively. So are there any other masks on the market that come with a fan? if yes / or If no.. Has anyone else found a better way to dealing with Glasses. I cannot wear contacts - my eyes just hate them!

Thanks...

#2 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I have seen people wipe their glasses with FogDoc or Fogtech. I've even seen people use Rain-X. Be sure to wipe both sides of your glasses' lenses. If not, I'm sure there is a better fan out there somewhere.

Edited by Vidalecent, 28 February 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

The proto fan sucks. Get a FANZ kit, Orange, or anybody on Citrus Connection should be able to provide a link, or you can google it.

Or you can do what I did, and get contacts. :P

#4 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

A good anti-fog coating works. May have to reapply throughout the day, but it has helped me. Not sure how easy it is, but maybe you could remove the fan from the Axis and connect it to another mask.

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Here's a fanz kit. Amasing stuff. I want one.

http://www.hustlepai...fits-most-masks

If you get them, install them so that they pull air out, not push air in. You want to pull that warm, sweaty air out. The fans go on the top venting of your mask, and the battery pack attaches to your mask strap.

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 28 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#6 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

i'm not sure if they are still available, but you used to be able to get a fan for the proflex, pretty sure I've got one kicking around.

#7 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

hey Twinkie.. You may have answered my problem. I assumed that because I could not feel the air running through my mask, the fan was not working. But, I did not realize that the air should be moving out and away from your mask, not across your eyes and nose. This is probably why I could not feel the air moving.

I'll likely have to get out there and sweat-it up before I will know if it works or not. Thanks you..

Also, i will go ahead and get the GogDoc / FogTech just in case..

Thank you for the responses..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users