9 replies to this topic

#1 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

I was thinking about getting an APEX barrel tip for my 12'' Rifled barrel. Its on a spyder vs1 and I will be playing speedball, not woodsball so is it still worth it? It kinda erks me that paintballs start dropping as soon as they leave the barrel. I wont nesscesarily be using the side-curve feature as much as using it to keed a flatter trajectory.

BTW completely unrelated, but I was shooting some monster balls at the cardboard box they came in and they were penetrating BOTH sides and I was finding them still intact in the snow behind the box...
Also i was shooting a spyder clone that had a heavy metal bolt, and the bolt slammed close on a monster ball and it didnt even break!

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#2 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

apex barrels arent really worth it for speed ball, but their great in the woods. and rifled barrels dont really work, so sell that and get a 14" cp abarrel for $30.

and also. monster balls normally do that. their really dangerous. mike sums it up pretty well. http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

Edited by Ames, 25 March 2009 - 07:38 PM.

Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#3 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

In Canada i would probly have to pay 55$+ for that barrel

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#4 pmiboyz

pmiboyz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

not good for speedball because you need time to adjust the tip but there great for woodsball.

#5 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Don't waste your money.
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#6 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

How good is the "whisper" barrel by 32 degrees?

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#7 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

How good is the "whisper" barrel by 32 degrees?

decent, but the quality isnt their
Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#8 Camo

Camo

You cant see me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

I would just go with a CP thay are steel i think but shoot mutch better than an 80$ barrel i bought from the same place btw the CP is around 30$ at the same place
Yes I eat paintballs.... What?

Got to love life

#9 lavalettenj

lavalettenj

Super Elite Senior Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

If you are playing speedball, just get a cp, sell the rifled barrel, and save some cash. Supposedly the rifled barrels are just a gimmick anyway. And don't worry about the paintballs dropping, because you aren't shooting that far in speedball.

If they are really dropping bad, make sure your velocity is high enough, (I'm sorry if I offended your intelligence by saying that, btw.) because a faster ball will obviously appear to drop much less.

#10 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

No offense taken, but my field has a fps limit of 250 cause were playing with reballs.

Edited by U83R 1337, 26 March 2009 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users