• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 SWATSTYLEZ

SWATSTYLEZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Every time i goto my local field i feel as if its getting less and less attention.. less and less crowds.. when it comes to regular community games..
We do get fairly decent attendances when there are big events but thats one once maybe twice a month.
Im noticing a transition of ballers especially scenario woods ballers getting into "airsoft" I've looked into it and its meh.. i dont see they hype behind it.

Is paintball dying in your area?
A Great Conditioned Tippman X7. $150

http://www.techpb.co...0

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Meh. It dies off in the winter and picks back up in the summer.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

One field died down a ton, but they changed management and let it go to hell. I have 6 fields that are listed and that I know of within an hour, and I've been told there are 2 or more that I dont know about. Not really dying. Local proshop closed a month or two ago though Posted Image not sure why, may not have been $ reasons.

Edited by Steephill, 28 February 2013 - 07:18 PM.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,107 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

It seems to be a seasonal thing, but the general trend seems to show an increase in interest in our area.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#5 Cossak11

Cossak11

That guy who blasts Celtic rock when he enters the field.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Paintball barely subsists as small recreational groups with spyders and tippmanns, with co2 and whatever paint we can get from the closest sporting goods store. never really had life to begin with so it crawls along.
We deal in paint friend.

Commander 11th Michigan paintball volunteers AKA The Obsidian Knights

#6 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Not here. I don't know how because Kingsport has to be one of the most boring cities ever. A new field just opened 15 min. away from where I live.
\Posted Image

#7 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Nope. Paintball is huge here.

It's just that the airsoft is cheaper.

#8 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Every time i goto my local field i feel as if its getting less and less attention.. less and less crowds.. when it comes to regular community games..
We do get fairly decent attendances when there are big events but thats one once maybe twice a month.
Im noticing a transition of ballers especially scenario woods ballers getting into "airsoft" I've looked into it and its meh.. i dont see they hype behind it.

Paintball is not dying in Charlotte... where do you play at? We do tournaments in Charlotte...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Nope

#10 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

While paintball isn't dying, lots of younger kids in my area prefer airsoft because 1) it hurts less 2) Its cheaper and 3) Omg guize dis is liek call of dooty i have an ak
Paintball is more for people who have cars, or at least jobs. Anyone with backyard bigger than 100 sq feet and some trashcans can airsoft, and you don't have to clean up a big mess. There's less of a responsibility factor too, all you need is a pair of sealed glasses. and the guns barely need any cleaning at all.
That being said, no, not dying, just different people playing. I still see plenty of 14 year olds at my field.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#11 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Paintball in Florida is pretty popular. My 2 favorite fields both got closed down but there's still 3 others left, 2 of which get large groups of people every weekend.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#12 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

:O la gasp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

well all the charlotte players go to pbc rockhill to play because its a huge field and they used to host MAO there and rockhill is about to start building teams so your gonna see it BLOW up big soon

#13 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Now that I think about it, a city that neighbors us banned paintball, so that may be one of the reasons fields around here are doing so well.
\Posted Image

#14 Perickson18

Perickson18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Here in mn i think its getting bigger more and more feilds have been opening up

Sent from tapataalllkk

#15 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

it died in utah around 2006, but it's been making very small progress with more players.

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Oh thank god it's not in Arizona. Surprisingly, Arizona has a large paintball community, although most don't play competitively or airball.
Disruptive is opening 22 acres of a new field in around April, and Desert Fox, which used to be well avoided, has changed it's staff and mindset to be less lazy and more active so more players are going to Desert Fox, which is a very newbie-friendly place. Disruptive is as well, but much much more tournament junkies and veterans play there, so newbies are likely to be more intimidated.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#17 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Loads of places to play in south Florida. I think I'll be staying inside once it gets hot again though.
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#18 floundah

floundah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Meh. It dies off in the winter and picks back up in the summer.

Same. Winter provides a couple months off then people around here travel to boston indoor for rotos and such.
BNIB CCM s6.5

MCB Feedback 7/0/0

#19 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Nope, We've got two speedball leagues:
-Maritime M3/M5 which is a more relaxed tournament series with a free agents list.
-Then there is the EPPL which is an APPA recognized local league for the more serious tournament guys.

We also have ATWL which is a scenerio type league

I've got 2 fields within 15 minutes of my house, Dundee Sports Dome is an indoor facility for reballs that has an outdoor field on the property for the summer months, this is where the EPPL is hosted. It is also where my local pro shop is located
Mission Paintball has a large woodsball/scenerio field as well as speedball fields. This is where the M3/M5 is hosted as well as 1 of the ATWL events and all the local big scenarios. They host 3 DEA vs Cartel big games, a Zombies vs Army Halloween big game, Run For the Cure breast cancer awareness big game. As well they host a Predator League which is a limited ammunition league, that keeps stats on your confirmed kills and objectives completed. Player with most points at the end of the year receives a large price, last winner got a splash Luxe.

This league is a lot of fun, each player gets a card with their picture on it, when you kill a player, you must reach them and obtain their card in order to claim the kill. Players can take the cards of dead players they haven't killed so it leaves room to work as a team or stab each other in the back. Each round you are given 100 shots, so you can either blaze through them or conserve ammo so you have more for the last game, if you only use 20 shots, you will then have 180 for the next round. It can be loads of fun, but also VERY frustrating. Last year I rushed the other team off the break, shot 5 guys then got pinned down, this little kid ran around snatching all my kill cards hahaha

#20 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Have you seen this post in the North Carolina forum?

There are 8 fields right now in Charlotte. There are 10 if you count Command Decisions and Wolf Creek which are about 1.5 hours away. You can probably get to PBC Greenville or Greensboro in slightly over that time, and TriggerTyme and Ball Busters in SC within about 1.75 hours.

Of the 8 Charlotte fields, three have put major investment into upgrading their fields in the past few months (PBC, Mighty Sports, and Boss). For that matter, Mighty Sports was just built late last year as a brand new field. Paintball Paradyes has only been open maybe 2-3 years. That's a lot of choices to have for our Metro population. Honestly, I would like to see about 2 of the fields die off - I'm hopeful people will pay for good product and the "cheap and sleazy" fields won't last. As far as good fields that I'm concerned about, I like Paintball Kingdom and Paintball Paradyes but I'm not sure where they're headed. Boss and PBC will keep on trucking as the premiere Charlotte Fields while Command Decisions will still be the go-to scenario field this year again.

If your field of choice doesn't seem to be doing well, go try another one. There are way too many good options out there to try.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#21 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

There are 8 fields right now in Charlotte. There are 10 if you count Command Decisions and Wolf Creek which are about 1.5 hours away. You can probably get to PBC Greenville or Greensboro in slightly over that time, and TriggerTyme and Ball Busters in SC within about 1.75 hours.

Of the 8 Charlotte fields, three have put major investment into upgrading their fields in the past few months (PBC, Mighty Sports, and Boss). For that matter, Mighty Sports was just built late last year as a brand new field. Paintball Paradyes has only been open maybe 2-3 years. That's a lot of choices to have for our Metro population. Honestly, I would like to see about 2 of the fields die off - I'm hopeful people will pay for good product and the "cheap and sleazy" fields won't last. As far as good fields that I'm concerned about, I like Paintball Kingdom and Paintball Paradyes but I'm not sure where they're headed. Boss and PBC will keep on trucking as the premiere Charlotte Fields while Command Decisions will still be the go-to scenario field this year again.

If your field of choice doesn't seem to be doing well, go try another one. There are way too many good options out there to try.

Is TriggerTyme still open? I play at BallBusters but I heard they closed down?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#22 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I assume they are. Their website has been updated in the past year and their phone number has Triggertyme on the answering machine. I haven't been to the field in...oh, about 16 years, though. Last time I went they had pumps and CO2.

#23 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Seems to be on an overall decline in MN.

We still have a few fields, so there's still a lot of paintball. But I remember 5-6 years back we had perhaps twice the number of fields that we do now. Obviously, the market had to have shrunk to allow for that much collapse.

I'm guessing it's a mix of business practice depending on the field and the economy.

#24 SWATSTYLEZ

SWATSTYLEZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Paintball is not dying in Charlotte... where do you play at? We do tournaments in Charlotte...

I play at Paintball Kingdom in mooresville.. Where do you guys play?

Is TriggerTyme still open? I play at BallBusters but I heard they closed down?

Seems like PBC would be the closest to me other then the one i goto now.. i've never heard of the either fields .
A Great Conditioned Tippman X7. $150

http://www.techpb.co...0

#25 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

I play at Paintball Kingdom in mooresville.. Where do you guys play?

Seems like PBC would be the closest to me other then the one i goto now.. i've never heard of the either fields .

Paintball Kingdom is a struggle - some weeks I've been out there and there are 30-50 players, sometimes I've been out and maybe only 20 for the whole day. I've been there maybe 4 times in the past 8 months. If someone told me that field was dying I could buy into it. The website isn't what it used to be and Smoke hasn't been active at all on the forums in years. Great field, though - it's really marketed itself toward first time players I think. Well, first time players and the Sabers.

In its general vicinity are Glory Road Paintball (Monroe), Mighty Sports Center (Stallings), and Boss Paintball (Locust).

PBC is probably not the closest to you unless you live in Waxhaw or across the border in SC. It's about a 50 minute drive from me and I live on the far east side of town. You should see how far you are away from Boss. Boss will seem like a paintball renaissance for you.

7498 Reed Mine Trail
Locust, NC 28097
(704) 784-4365

#26 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

paintball IS dead here. if i wanna play i have to drive 2 1/2 hours to utah to play. i am honestly thinking about trying to get a business license so i can organize something here on the weekends.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#27 floundah

floundah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

paintball IS dead here. if i wanna play i have to drive 2 1/2 hours to utah to play. i am honestly thinking about trying to get a business license so i can organize something here on the weekends.

Just open an outlaw and post it as a Donation only field with a recommended donation for stuff. Thats what my local field did for the first 2 years of business while they waited to be approved by the town :tup:
BNIB CCM s6.5

MCB Feedback 7/0/0

#28 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Im never moving out of Chicago. These type of threads make me feel so lucky because i have so many really good fields in my area (CPX, PBX, FOX, Badlandz) and the paintball community is large.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users