• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 x-Nitrous-o

x-Nitrous-o

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Trying to decide which marker is best to begin my career with. Any suggestions?

#2 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Trying to decide which marker is best to begin my career with. Any suggestions?

G4, I had a G4 and I loved it and i wouldn't recomend jumping straight into electronic guns if I were you. Toomany things you don'tknow about and mess up in the guns, eyes,boards,wires,the solenoid,. just go for a simple gun and learn. An azodin kaos or gog enmey is a pretty good gun to start you career with. BUT! before you buy a gun get a mask and electric loader, you dont really have to worry about a tank yet but a mask and loader is crucial.
Hoppers:
http://www.ansgear.c...ader_s/3503.htm
http://www.ansgear.c...opper_s/387.htm
http://www.ansgear.c...loaderblack.htm

Mask:
http://www.ansgear.c...Mask_s/3421.htm
http://www.ansgear.c...Mask_s/3370.htm
http://www.ansgear.c..._Mask_s/499.htm
http://www.ansgear.c...oggles_s/18.htm
http://www.ansgear.c..._Masks_s/19.htm
http://www.ansgear.c...Sale_s/2749.htm
http://www.ansgear.c..._Mask_s/517.htm
http://www.ansgear.c...filer_s/516.htm
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#3 JakeThePimp

JakeThePimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm also debating between the dp g4, the rail, and the GOG eXTCy, of the rail and eXTCy, it seems to be the eXTCy that people like better. However, I think I'm going with the g4 . It has issues straight out of the box like line leaks and bolt stick but there's videos on YouTube to fix these fairly easily.

#4 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'm also debating between the dp g4, the rail, and the GOG eXTCy, of the rail and eXTCy, it seems to be the eXTCy that people like better. However, I think I'm going with the g4 . It has issues straight out of the box like line leaks and bolt stick but there's videos on YouTube to fix these fairly easily.

yeah it probably a good idea.Make sure you have a FULL set of allen keys because if not the bottom acroline fitting is impossible to get off. The extcy is horrible in my opinion. I had it, to of my other friends had it and we all agreed it was terrible. I sold it and bought a G4 and never looked back.

Also tread carefully, since this is your first gun.

Edited by ccseancc143, 03 March 2013 - 12:36 AM.

My Feedback

#5 Scirca

Scirca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

I've heard too many bad things about the G4. Think about it this way, you payed relatively good money for your gun, why should it not be able to work fine out of the box? You'll just invest more time and effort into a gun, when you could pay the same for a much better gun. Between the G4, Rail, and the eXTCy, get an exTCy. The only argument I've ever heard against getting it is the trigger, which really isn't bad at all.
Why get the G4: You want to spend hours figuring out why the hell your gun broke.
Why get the Rail: You want the next best thing to a DM and are willing to sacrifice a clamping feedneck, the ease of a macroline, and an on/off asa.
Why get the eXTCy: You want the best bang for your buck.

Seriously, a lot of people talk bad about the eXTCy, but it's the best out of the three guns in that price range,

#6 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I've heard too many bad things about the G4. Think about it this way, you payed relatively good money for your gun, why should it not be able to work fine out of the box? You'll just invest more time and effort into a gun, when you could pay the same for a horrible gun. Between the G4, Rail, and the extcy, get the rail or G4. The only argument I've ever heard against getting it is the trigger, which is horrible.
Why get the G4: You want a light marker that is fast, easy matience.
Why get the Rail: Smooth shot, quiet , and great ergos,
Why get the eXTCy: If you want a ion with some upgrades out of the box, worst bang for your buck

Seriously, a lot of people talk bad about the eXTCy, but it's the worst out of the three guns in that price range,

No the Extcy sucks, the trigger has insane side to side play and is bulky. The gun is heavy, ion threaded barrels, the asa cuts orings, gun feels cheap and looks ugly, the grips aren't very comfy, and the reg isn't completely user serviceable without making a custom c-clamp tool. I freaking hate the Extcy. I am actually trying to sell one right now, I had the G4 and had some problems but, it was worth it. The Extcy is the bane of my existence. Most people don't even own the marker but, still talk like its a amazing gun, even though the rail or the G4 are much better choices. I fixed your post by the way.

Edited by ccseancc143, 04 March 2013 - 06:26 PM.

My Feedback

#7 JakeThePimp

JakeThePimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I've heard too many bad things about the G4. Think about it this way, you payed relatively good money for your gun, why should it not be able to work fine out of the box? You'll just invest more time and effort into a gun, when you could pay the same for a horrible gun. Between the G4, Rail, and the extcy, get the rail or G4. The only argument I've ever heard against getting it is the trigger, which is horrible.
Why get the eXTCy: If you want a ion with some upgrades out of the box, worst bang for your buck

Seriously, a lot of people talk bad about the eXTCy, but it's the worst out of the three guns in that price range,

No the Extcy sucks, the trigger has insane side to side play and is bulky. The gun is heavy, ion threaded barrels, the asa cuts orings, gun feels cheap and looks ugly, the grips aren't very comfy, and the reg isn't completely user serviceable without making a custom c-clamp tool. I freaking hate the Extcy. I am actually trying to sell one right now, I had the G4 and had some problems but, it was worth it. The Extcy is the bane of my existence. Most people don't even own the marker but, still talk like its a amazing gun, even though the rail or the G4 are much better choices. I fixed your post by the way.

Hahaha! Loved your. Corrections, I'm getting a g4 soon

#8 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Would the eXTCy or Rail work well with a Proto Primo?

#9 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Would the eXTCy or Rail work well with a Proto Primo?

It would work but, after playing a couple times you will want a electric hopper, just because the proto primi is still just a really fast gravity feed so the inconstant feed rate will not let you shoot a straight rope without misssing some shots. If you have the money to get a electric loader it would defiantly be a awesome choice but, if all you can afford is a primo then use that for a ccouple times untill you have the money to get one.
My Feedback

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Extcy is a great shooter. It has one of the better boards out there, trigger is walkable, it comes with an on off asa, feels like its light. Its the best gun for the 250 price range. Maintainence easier than the extcy? Please, its the same take the bolt out from the back and lube. It has a much smoother shot than the G4, and speed is all dependant on what you set the gun up for. The rail doesnt come with an on off or a good board. The only thing it has is the ul frame.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#11 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Extcy is a great shooter. It has one of the better boards out there, trigger is walkable, it comes with an on off asa, feels like its light. Its the best gun for the 250 price range. Maintainence easier than the extcy? Please, its the same take the bolt out from the back and lube. It has a much smoother shot than the G4, and speed is all dependant on what you set the gun up for. The rail doesnt come with an on off or a good board. The only thing it has is the ul frame.

Now lets count what the Extcy does better than a G4:
The shot quality by little bit(rail is smoother)
Sound which again just by a smidge(rail is quieter)
durabilty(rail is just as durable)
and the box
Now let's see what the G4 does better
Its faster so when you play uncapped semi you wont be actually capped by the board
lighter
asa
barrel threads
looks
trigger
macroline
matience
regulator(you need a custom c-clamp tool to take apart for the extcy)
feedneck
I own a G4 and Extcy, I prefer to use my G4 and my Extcy just collects dust. I used a rail for a day of play.

Edited by ccseancc143, 05 March 2013 - 03:24 PM.

My Feedback

#12 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hahaha! Loved your. Corrections, I'm getting a g4 soon

nice, just make sure to get a full allen key set,a wrench of somesort and maco line and fiitings.
allen keys are crucial get these if you dont have them yet:
http://www.amazon.co...s=allen key set

fiiting and macroline you can get anyhere and a small wrench will keep you from scrtching up your asa and reg
My Feedback

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Where is the rest of Techpb to back me up that the G4 isn't that great and the GoG eXTCy is?
Maintenance simpler? How so?
Better looks? All in opinion, and it should be about performance.
Faster? The eXTCy is fast enough for any tournament, and you shouldn't even ever have go over 12 bps. The trigger on the extcy is great. Macroline vs. Steel hose? Well not much is wrong with steel hose, other than maintenance for it is a tad harder since you can't just pop it off, but steel hose ensures no leaks and lasts you a lifetime. Plus, macro+fittings is like 6 bucks overall, still less than the 300 you have to pay for the G4.

In all honesty, how come no one took into account the shitty shot quality of the G4? It kicks like a poppit yet has crappy efficiency like a spool; worst of both worlds isn't it?

#14 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Where is the rest of Techpb to back me up that the G4 isn't that great and the GoG eXTCy is?
Maintenance simpler? How so?
Better looks? All in opinion, and it should be about performance.
Faster? The eXTCy is fast enough for any tournament, and you shouldn't even ever have go over 12 bps. The trigger on the extcy is great. Macroline vs. Steel hose? Well not much is wrong with steel hose, other than maintenance for it is a tad harder since you can't just pop it off, but steel hose ensures no leaks and lasts you a lifetime. Plus, macro+fittings is like 6 bucks overall, still less than the 300 you have to pay for the G4.

In all honesty, how come no one took into account the shitty shot quality of the G4? It kicks like a poppit yet has crappy efficiency like a spool; worst of both worlds isn't it?

Matience is simpler by having less orings on the bolt/ inside the body, the reg is full user servicble simple as that. Alot of people play uncapped semi just because theres more skilled involved there and to me its just alot more fun but, the extcy trigger doesn't let me shoot as fast as the g4 trigger does. The Extcy's pro's dont even come close to out weighing the cons. Im sorry Im not a mindless sheep and I like to express my opinion but, then again alot this happens alot. Everyone loves to recommend the vice, axe and extcy. I own a extcy I have repeated that over agian countless times to people but, then again my exprience with the product doesn't count does it, as long as the "rest" of techpb recomends the gun its good right? I see a flaw in the way you think, I know you own the extcy because you continue to repeat owning a GOG product is the best, I own a enmey and its a great shooter! the extcy is amazing! But listen to this pal I don't like the Extcy and theres nothing you can do to change my opinion.i respect your opinion but, I just ask don't attack mine and i am positive that if you went up to random begginers who are new to paintball and you show them picture of the g4 and the extcy side by side they will nine times out of ten say the G4 looks nicer.

Edited by ccseancc143, 06 March 2013 - 03:12 AM.

My Feedback

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Oh I'm not attacking you. But really, the G4's shot quality is not that great, and most fields keep it capped at 15 bps. I know my field doesn't, but the big ones such as the one up in Phoenix does have it capped, and that field is one of the best paintball facilities in America. Am I a mindless sheep is what you're saying? I'm not, and I'm sorry if I came out as offensive, but there's a reason why we recommend the GoG line over most other markers. The shot quality and simplicity of it all is great for beginners, and they are perfect for tournament play. I own GoG guns, as some other markers, and have noticed that they make much better guns for the price they are sold for. I really like the G4 for all it's features, but the shot quality destroyed all it's pros for me (which, in all honesty, is its only con). If Dangerous Power could fix that one problem with its engine, then we'd all be saying to go for the G4/G5/whateverlineintheGseries.

#16 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Legit post
I have 3 teammates that will sell or trade you their DP guns,more issues than any gun Ive seen in awhile
As for the reg on the GoG gun,totally servicable,its the same reg used on the Luxe,you'll have to shoot 50 cases before you need to rebuild the reg on any(good) gun anyway,I have a Palmer ULP fatty i've used for 8 years twice a month thats still super consitant
Im a Ion guy myself so im biased
For a new player get an Axe or Mini version 3.Anyone can maintain them,upgrades are cheap,good warranty,air efficiant
PMRs,i have 2,great shooters when they work,get a 2010 or newer,early versions had issues,board isnt waterproof so dont play when its wet

#17 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

Legit post
I have 3 teammates that will sell or trade you their DP guns,more issues than any gun Ive seen in awhile
As for the reg on the GoG gun,totally servicable,its the same reg used on the Luxe,you'll have to shoot 50 cases before you need to rebuild the reg on any(good) gun anyway,I have a Palmer ULP fatty i've used for 8 years twice a month thats still super consitant
Im a Ion guy myself so im biased
For a new player get an Axe or Mini version 3.Anyone can maintain them,upgrades are cheap,good warranty,air efficiant
PMRs,i have 2,great shooters when they work,get a 2010 or newer,early versions had issues,board isnt waterproof so dont play when its wet

G4's are simple guns right down to the soilienoid. There is a reason I see G4's and FX's on the NCPA field tournaments and haven't seen one GOG marker there.The luxe regulator is better for one reason, in the manual GOG states you have to make a custom c-clamp tool to service the reg completely. What happens if your reg seat get worn out or during maintenance you damage it? Well I guess you have a broken reg because you can remove the reg seat. Mini's are ehh to me, everyone has them, the trigger is ehh, and the asa kills it for me. If i'm paying $325-$375 for a gun I sure want a godamn on/off. I would never purchase another GOG. the trigger has 2 points of adjustment and one adjustment is just a screw in the trigger and the other controls the pre travel not to mention the insane amount of side to side play.
My Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users