• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

This year Tennessee has had a lot of snow. It's been in the 30's for weeks with the exception of last weekend when it was in the 60's :rolleyes: and it had me wondering, why doesn't someone open an indoor field around here? All of the fields around here have the customers and players that would play. The closest one I have found remotely close is in Virginia and it'a almost a 2 hour drive there? Thoughts?
\Posted Image

#2 Area51Paintball

Area51Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

$$$$< the main factor
Do you live remotely close to East Tennessee?
Would you like to play airball for free at a BYOP field?
If so, PM me or go like Area 51 Paintball Andersonville TN on Facebook!!!!!

#3 JonT423

JonT423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

This year Tennessee has had a lot of snow. It's been in the 30's for weeks with the exception of last weekend when it was in the 60's :rolleyes: and it had me wondering, why doesn't someone open an indoor field around here? All of the fields around here have the customers and players that would play. The closest one I have found remotely close is in Virginia and it'a almost a 2 hour drive there? Thoughts?

I have been considering it.

#4 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm not from the area but up here in Connecticut all the indoor fields have gone out if business. They get little to no participations in the spring/Summer and Fall. They couldn't make enough in the winters to stay open the rest of the time. I imagine that would be a similar case in most areas down there. Be very careful with your money and do lots of research before opening any type of field. Good Luck though!
Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#5 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Only poked my head in here cuz i saw that yankee had posted...

A local indoor field near me closed after a few years becuase they only offered speedball on one field, and it was a poorly run facility. They did great in the winter, but lacked the rest of the year. They tried to remedy this by opening up an outdoor village type field, but it didnt help.

I looked into what it would cost to open up an indoor facility that offered speedball and "woodsball".... We priced out the rent on two prefab buildings, the cost of building the fields indoors, cost of maitaining them, and then the insurance for the field... Needless to saay, witht he people i had ready to invest, i wouldnt start turning a profit till a minimum of ten years after opening, and that was selling paint at 80 bucks a case... Ten bucks more then the most popular field in my area...

While i love the concept of being to play indoors year round, its just too damn expensive and too niche a market... Every indoor field in new hampshire has closed... The closest one i can think of is boston paintball, only reason they survive is becuase they have been around for ever and have a manolopy in te indoor field market in the area....
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#6 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Pfft,I just want more than one half-decent field within an hours drive of Memphis.The one here is pretty shitty,and the one in Hernando is no better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users