16 replies to this topic

#1 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Thinking about getting a new mask at some point. I was going to get the pro axis but noticed lenses are hard to get if you can get them anymore. Right now I have the profilers, had them for about 2-3 years. I know it's important to try the mask on first which I plan on doing so i know how much protection I'll have. Just wondering in order out of the 3 which one is best as far as breathable, hearing ability, fog prevention, and comfortable. This way I'll go by the lists and when I try them on I'll go down the list to see which fits me best. Smart right? lol I have sensitive skin too so soft foam would be nice.

On a side not some of them have white which I might get. Or the purple haze grill :D regardless I wear a techpb scenario jersey and black pants lol. But does the white on masks stain easily?

(I would say I4's but I've tried them on in the past and think they're too small. Plus if I out them as an option everyone will have them at number 1.

#2 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Thinking about getting a new mask at some point. I was going to get the pro axis but noticed lenses are hard to get if you can get them anymore. Right now I have the profilers, had them for about 2-3 years. I know it's important to try the mask on first which I plan on doing so i know how much protection I'll have. Just wondering in order out of the 3 which one is best as far as breathable, hearing ability, fog prevention, and comfortable. This way I'll go by the lists and when I try them on I'll go down the list to see which fits me best. Smart right? lol I have sensitive skin too so soft foam would be nice.

On a side not some of them have white which I might get. Or the purple haze grill :D regardless I wear a techpb scenario jersey and black pants lol. But does the white on masks stain easily?

(I would say I4's but I've tried them on in the past and think they're too small. Plus if I out them as an option everyone will have them at number 1.

ansgear has proto axis lense in stock as we speak.The proto axis pro takes the same lense as the EL and FS
http://www.ansgear.c..._Lens_s/290.htm
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Soft foam.... you want a Profit.

#4 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

ansgear has proto axis lense in stock as we speak.The proto axis pro takes the same lense as the EL and FS
http://www.ansgear.c..._Lens_s/290.htm

Oh damn I didn't know that.....well, regardless I'll let this topic unfold and see if people say if the other might be better or not

#5 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Stay away from i3s, they are hands down the worst lens I've ever had to change, I've never used a Profit but I've heard nothing but bad things about breathability, E-vents are a pretty good mask, quick lens removal, I have an E-vent I've used for some time, thinking I'll be using the proflex this year though. The Grill is a great mask, foam comes out so its super easy to clean, has good coverage and decent breathability, only peeve for me is the stock lenses are single pane, so if you want a dual pane lens you've gotta spend the extra.

Of those choices I would say the Grill or E-vent will be your best bet in my opinion.

#6 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Ok so now I'm stuck between the E-vent, Grill and Pro axis

#7 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Grill

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#8 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

If you are stuck, try them on and see what fits best. I have the grills and love them to death, but the events and e flexes, which seem great on paper, didnt fit my face well. All masks fit a little different.

#9 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

i have the proto axis the I4's, events and profilers. This is how I rated them.
1:I4
2:Axis
3:profilers
4:Events
My Feedback

#10 bori917

bori917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

get the pro axis...comfortable durable and great price...and u can get upgrades @ ansgear.com lenses and the fan very important to get the fan...

#11 mndunku

mndunku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Sly profits have all you need but has a slight echo when speaking

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Profits are incredibly comfy and soft. But why not the Eflex?
If not that, id go with the Sly Profits

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Haven't really looked into the eflex....however I just noticed a pretty sick eflex on preorder now on ansgear, might have to look into it now

#14 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Haven't really looked into the eflex....however I just noticed a pretty sick eflex on preorder now on ansgear, might have to look into it now

Profits are comfy but, the mask is like a pillow. It kinda suffacates your face when you use it, well at least when I used it.
My Feedback

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Girlfriend loves her Profits due to the comfyness and I love the Eflexs because of the foam and the lightness, as well as the freedom I feel I have.

#16 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Never preorder... Ever
109.gif

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Just wait, get a grill, or get any of the other E-Flex.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users