31 replies to this topic

#1 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Yup, read the title right,

This is a Select fire, full auto MECHANICAL marker. Proof of concept below.

Yoda probably already beat me to the punch though.

Used a vibe breech with dual tail oring bolt.
When I am finished with this project it will be semi and full auto select fire with a flip of the switch shown in the vid. Im just missing the SMAV to fire the marker.

Im going to make a FS hole in the breach bottom and feed DAM mags with it. All in a PPSH-41 body. Already have the drum mag ready too.

Dont expect me to finish before May. Im a working man. Enjoy.

Edited by Danny D, 01 March 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#2 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thats fucking cool!

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

#4 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

Very cool. I was going to keep it under raps until finished, but I am converting an sp1 (wih vibe breech) to fire dam magazines. I am stuck waiting until dye releases the mag well, which they emailed and said would be some time in April. Let me know if you want to swap any ideas.

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Gimme.

#6 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Very cool. I was going to keep it under raps until finished, but I am converting an sp1 (wih vibe breech) to fire dam magazines. I am stuck waiting until dye releases the mag well, which they emailed and said would be some time in April. Let me know if you want to swap any ideas.

I got the same info from them. Im waiting as well. I will be drilling out a new opening on the bottom. Are you running it bren style? If you are, I have a bren stock I made for the SP-1 that I can sell for cheap: I aint using it.

Posted Image

#7 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Will you be running the mag on top Danny? I will be running the mag into the bottom. Long story short I am removing the trigger switch and then moving the breach up about two inches and spinning it 180 so the board is on top. That will require cutting a section and making a cap peice on top but leave much of the rail in place and free. I will remount the tigger switch to the bottom and run wires up to the board. I am also trying to descide on a design for running air through the "stock". With the breach moved forward there is room in the back for at least least an asa, I'm trying to find the right regulator to make it fit.

#8 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Never mind about the top feed, I see in your earlier post you are doing a ppsh which should be great, plus you mentioned drilling out the bottom. In your video you have a small lpr running it (with no board obviously), it inspired me to try replacing the stock reg with an old lpr to use with the board. It cycles fine with the lpr, I am just wondering if I will get enough velocity.

Edited by WilliamShattner, 05 March 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#9 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

The only thing that may be an issue is consistency with the LPR. It may be running near the edge of its capabilities at 150-180psi. I just used it to test out the marker cause it was the easiest thing I had on hand at the time.

Let me know how it goes.

P.S. are you cutting an FS breech on there?

#10 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I live about mile from ninja paintball's factory in Crystal Lake and I am planning on stopping in there to see if they have anything that might fit. I will definitely be dremeling in a first strike hole.
Even though you are not using the board are you planning on moving the trigger back since the new hole would have to be so close to the front hose input? The fact that the front hose input is so far forward is the main reason I am spinning the breach and putting the board up top (if my wording makes sense).

#11 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Yeah, since im putting her in a stock, you kinda need to put the trigger back. Ive got a 3 way valve I can put anywhere, so not an issue for me, and sounds like it wont be for you either.

#12 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

The only thing that may be an issue is consistency with the LPR. It may be running near the edge of its capabilities at 150-180psi. I just used it to test out the marker cause it was the easiest thing I had on hand at the time.

Let me know how it goes.

P.S. are you cutting an FS breech on there?

Are you using a Cocker LPR?tried this on a few builds,got alot of drop at higher ROF,recharge rate seemed too low with a mech Ion and electro also
I just put a Axe reg on a Ion triggerframe,is still work in progress but others have done it sucessfully on SP1s and Ions
Awesome build,Ill keep my eye on this one

#13 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up Punisher, it is a cocker lpr. I am now thinking of just using the stock reg but with an asa in the rear of the body.

#14 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

No problem,check this out i just did,may be an option for you also,put an Axe reg on a stock frame
http://www.mcarterbr...k-progress.html
Got the idea here
http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3892279
Ill hook my DW\Yoda mech kit up to it later this week to do a test,i've aired it up,had a few minor leeks from the TM7 adapter,once i loctite the setscrews it should be all good

#15 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

The Stingray Russ was referring to:

http://cleedo.com/fastingray.html

#16 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Thanks punisher! That is exactly what I am looking for. Also I am planning on using Dmags now instead dam mags. You can get a mag well and 10 mags for $70 on rap4 starting tomorrow. Thats a tough deal to beat. The only real downside I see is they fire out of the front stack instead of the rear like on the dam mags, so the breach will have to be moved another inch or two further up.

#17 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

I got tired of waiting for the dam magazine well so I just made my own. I actually played today at Paintball explosion with this and worked perfectly. Amazing as that is. I obviously have a lot of finishing work to still do but it works and is first strike shooting.

Edited by WilliamShattner, 17 March 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#18 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

You bastard I must see a how to guide!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#19 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

DAM!

lol get what I did there?

#20 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

I am closer to done now. I've already highjacked this thread a bit (sorry OP). I will start a new thread with a how to when I am done.

#21 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hey, I dont mind at all! Got me some ideas for mine. A couple questions:

did you mill for first strike?

What did you use as a mag catch?

#22 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

I made a mag well out of a small sheet of zinc which I have now covered with a layer of job weld putty. I am in the process of sanding that down. I have a screw which opens the magazine when inserted, that was easy. I have yet to install a mag release, that's more difficult. I have the supplies, I just haven't got it done. I am planning an mp5 like lever in front of the trigger. Right now the mag is tight enough that I don't need a release, they just stay. Over time though I know it will loosen up.
I have milled for first strike and they load fine now. I haven't shot any yet though. My concern with first strike is with the bolt shape. The bolt is of course not designed to push a first strike round, I am hoping that since it is low force it won't break the skirts. I will shoot some first strike this weekend and report back.

#23 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Just a hint for you that I found.

The first strikes feed and load much better without detents. Night and day difference in my sp-1. Heck, you can literally blow a round into the chamber. Kind of a pain to remove, but I have it set up on mine with only 1 detent for quick disengagement.

Edited by Danny D, 21 March 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#24 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Thanks for the tip. I was worried about the detents getting wrecked by FSR as well. I would like to still be able to shoot both paint and fsr though. Does one detent still keep paintballs in place?

#25 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

It does for me. ive got those spring type ones. They seem to work better than the rubber.

#26 CIamonaco

CIamonaco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

I cant wait to see how this turns out!

#27 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Thanks punisher! That is exactly what I am looking for. Also I am planning on using Dmags now instead dam mags. You can get a mag well and 10 mags for $70 on rap4 starting tomorrow. Thats a tough deal to beat. The only real downside I see is they fire out of the front stack instead of the rear like on the dam mags, so the breach will have to be moved another inch or two further up.

NP for the suggestion,Ive sucessfully transplanted the Axe(Relay) reg on it with both an Virtue OLED and DW\Yoda mech kit,waiting on a XE BOB to complete the whole project w/boxmag
I really like your setup,just started using FS rounds in my Hammer 7,Im really impressed with distance and accuracy so far,have been wanting a SP\Gog FS gun
To the OP,do you think you could run a Cyclone feed off your sytem and cycle it in tune with the bolt?Ive been wanting to make a mechanical boxmag&gun combo and thought this might be a solution

#28 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hey punisher, I had the idea for a cyclone box mag, but I figured a spring box mag or a halo boxmag would be so much cheaper and easier. Plus more efficient. The problem with a pneumatic box mag is that it will have to be somewhat permanent. I want quick change to fs.

I do have a drum ready to put on the marker, I just have to mate it with the dam mag.

#29 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Excited to see updates on your current project,working on a drummag for my Hammer 7 powered by a tape measure spring also,it will be FS and PB compatible
Ive had some sucess with Halos for boxmags but am currently using Draxxus Pulse guts because I like the RF setup,had a few problems with sound activation because my Ions are too quiet and ball stacking feedback.I have 4 local projects for teammates for boxmags for a TM7,BL MILTAC,A5,and a Macdev Droid Tactical using Pulses,I made patterns from my current build will be building all 4 at once
Really want to make a boxmag and gun combo that doesnt use batteries,Ill get a Cyclone when I finish the A5 boxmag so I'll have one to mess with soon,can I hit you up for some pointers?

#30 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Excited to see updates on your current project,working on a drummag for my Hammer 7 powered by a tape measure spring also,it will be FS and PB compatible
Ive had some sucess with Halos for boxmags but am currently using Draxxus Pulse guts because I like the RF setup,had a few problems with sound activation because my Ions are too quiet and ball stacking feedback.I have 4 local projects for teammates for boxmags for a TM7,BL MILTAC,A5,and a Macdev Droid Tactical using Pulses,I made patterns from my current build will be building all 4 at once
Really want to make a boxmag and gun combo that doesnt use batteries,Ill get a Cyclone when I finish the A5 boxmag so I'll have one to mess with soon,can I hit you up for some pointers?

Let me know how the tape measure thing goes. Thats an interesting idea. Might be a tad soft on paint, but that might be a good thing. Ive got a similar idea using a much stronger spring and using a gear ratio to tune her down.

For the cyclone, if you are using an ion, it might be an issue if you hook up the exhaust to the cyclone as it might impare the funcion of the marker. The cyclone is designed to run off 800psi output the tippmans are run on. Not saying that it cannot be run at a lower pressure but it would take a lot of air to operate. You may need a separate inflow. If you are using my system, I would utilize the inflow coming from the flow control valve port of the fv-5. So in between i would put the connection to the cyclone. This should work on the full auto setting with some tuning. With semi, you will need a quick trigger pull or else keeping the trigger depressed will vent air.

See here:

Posted Image

#31 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Wow thanks for the help and detail, wondered if the Cyclone neds the 800psi to operate,I'll hook a microline gauge I made to an A5 to check.
This gives me much food for thought :D,simple but effective design you've come up with
Tape measure idea seems sound,I've done some testing in a carboard model and appears to have enough force.Bolted an arm to the face of the reel and have a stationary keyed shaft for the spring retainer.Wish i had taken pics ,this projects on hold untill I get 4 boxmags done,finish my mech 2011 PMR,also have a pump game & scenario coming next month:P

#32 Empire Alan

Empire Alan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

You should custom build a couple of these and you would probably make a killing if you market it to the right people(myself being one of them).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users