6 replies to this topic

#1 ELITE WeSt

ELITE WeSt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

what barrel? links for the barrel?
If you're Gonna Be STUPID you gotta be TOUGH!

#2 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

What's wrong with the one that came in the box? A new barrel won't make the gun more accurate. The stock one is pretty decent already.

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 01 March 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#3 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

What's wrong with the one that came in the box? A new barrel won't make the gun more accurate. The stock one is pretty decent already.

It has a pretty big overbore. Really inefficient. The G1 comes with a better barrel. The sp-1 is 8 inch (10 with muzzle), and is I believe a .691 bore.

Get any with ion threads. I highly reccommend a freak system. Its my favorite barrel system by far, and allows you to bore paint at .675! But if you want to go cheap, a CP will do fine. The one peices come in 0685 which is slightly better than what you got.

#4 ELITE WeSt

ELITE WeSt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

It has a pretty big overbore. Really inefficient. The G1 comes with a better barrel. The sp-1 is 8 inch (10 with muzzle), and is I believe a .691 bore.

Get any with ion threads. I highly reccommend a freak system. Its my favorite barrel system by far, and allows you to bore paint at .675! But if you want to go cheap, a CP will do fine. The one peices come in 0685 which is slightly better than what you got.

i have a freak barrel kit! i love it!

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

I could have sworn it was longer than that.

But to be honest, I thing he sounds like a newer player (no offense to the op) and paint boring is a little over new players' heads. I don't think he needs to worry about that for now.

If you are looking for more range or accuracy, you won't get it with a regular style barrel. You need an apex tip or a first strike round compatible gun, and first strike rounds aren't cheap. The secret to accuracy is to keep your gear squeaky clean (inside of barrel, gun, hopper, pods, etc) and buy quality paintballs. You really do get what you pay for with paintballs.

#6 ELITE WeSt

ELITE WeSt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I could have sworn it was longer than that.

But to be honest, I thing he sounds like a newer player (no offense to the op) and paint boring is a little over new players' heads. I don't think he needs to worry about that for now.

If you are looking for more range or accuracy, you won't get it with a regular style barrel. You need an apex tip or a first strike round compatible gun, and first strike rounds aren't cheap. The secret to accuracy is to keep your gear squeaky clean (inside of barrel, gun, hopper, pods, etc) and buy quality paintballs. You really do get what you pay for with paintballs.

im not a newer player, Ive been playing for 3 years! and i just want to get my dad a perfect present(a good woods-ball gun)

#7 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Buy him a speedball gun, they perform better in almost every way to woodsball guns

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users