4 replies to this topic

#1 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

So after quickly discovering that I miss my Lurker Eigenbarrels, I'm trying to figure out how to adapt them for use in the Tippmann Crossover (a5/x7 thread). The problem I'm finding is that most all of the a5 barrel adapters are breech replacements rather than threaded adapters. The only thing I've been able to find on my own is the TechT iFit a5 to autococker adapter - and this is designed to use iFit inserts. I even tried to search for pro-carbine to autococker adapters, but came up with no luck.

Is there anything else besides the iFit adapter to convert autococker barrels for use on the Crossover? I'd rather not pay $35 for it if I don't have to - I could buy a CP a5 thread barrel for that. If I do buy the iFit adapter, do I have to buy an insert to use it or can I use the iFit adapter "empty" with just the adapter max bore size throttled down to an Eigenbarrel underbore? If so, that's another $20 and now I'm paying $55 just to use an Eigenbarrel on the Crossover.

Does anyone else know of any other options or ideas?
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#2 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Lapco makes a few adapter
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#3 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Lapco makes a few adapter

They do, but their adapter for autococker barrels on an A5/X7 marker thread is a complete breach replacement. That won't work on the Crossover.

#4 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

As an update, in case anyone comes looking for a threaded a5 marker to cocker barrel adapter.

Insert style barrels are not currently designed for the Crossover, as the bolt enters the barrel a few millimeters (moreso when dry firing as well). You could go with the TechT iFit a5 to cocker adapter, but you'd have to leave any inserts you buy out. I chose a Tiller "cocker to a5" barrel adapter since I literally could not find any other threaded adapter choices (everyone sells breach replacements for the a5 and phenom). Tiller is a taiwanese company that sells mostly just barrels and barrel adapters. The price plus shipping was around $13, so I didn't feel like I was out a lot of money if it didn't work.

Shipping is terrible though, as it is coming from overseas and still should be two weeks before the package is delivered. I'll follow up again once I have it in person and get a chance to test it out with paint.

#5 UndeadClown

UndeadClown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Insert style barrels are not currently designed for the Crossover

Ive see a A-5 freak kit on a crossover. I would assume that the iFit autococker to A-5 adapter would work on it as well, due to all the A-5 barrels Ive owned have been belled out in the back for the bolt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users