REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Saw this in Facebook:
http://paintball.tip...over-is-now-349

" Paintball players get ready. Last year, we launched our revolutionary Crossover marker – a lightweight, high performance electro-pneumatic marker designed to perform for all players regardless of conditions or style of play. Today, we are excited to announce that the price of the Crossover will be dropping to $349 – making the industry-leading technology even more accessible to players everywhere.

We’re lowering the price of the Crossover based, in part, on feedback from players who felt that the total purchase of the Crossover with the required electronic loader should be closer to the total price of the X7 Phenom which does not require a separate loader. Players told us they wanted to take full advantage of the speed and durability of the marker but asked us to get the total cost closer to the X7 Phenom. We listened, so to do our part to keep paintball affordable, we lowered the price dramatically to only $349.

Bottom line, we know there are a lot of choices in the market and we simply want to be more aggressive in the $300 - $400 category to get more players to play the Crossover. This is a big move by Tippmann but we believe it will be good for players and help the industry as we drive more traffic to our dealers. "

Smart Move IMO . Finally they wont be compared to the Axe ; they are priced to be compared to the mini now...

Posted Image

#2 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

http://paintball.tip...over-is-now-349

" We’re lowering the price of the Crossover based, in part, on feedback from players who felt that the total purchase of the Crossover with the required electronic loader should be closer to the total price of the X7 Phenom which does not require a separate loader. Players told us they wanted to take full advantage of the speed and durability of the marker but asked us to get the total cost closer to the X7 Phenom. We listened, so to do our part to keep paintball affordable, we lowered the price dramatically to only $349."

or maybe it just wasn't comparing to other markers in the $400 range so now they are making it so that is compete with low ends?

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Crossover is finally at the price point it should have been.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#4 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

i like it, seriously tempted at this kind of price.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#5 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

i like it, seriously tempted at this kind of price.

This one from Hastings looks like it could be yours for $349.

Actually, not so sure about any of that annodizing work. Other than I'm fairly sure that the Camo gives me vertigo.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#6 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Is the trigger guard plastic?
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#7 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

It looks long as hell.

#8 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

The trigger guard is plastic, but I find it to be very rugged. So much so, that it's actually a bit irritating if I'm not wearing gloves or holding the grip wrong. This is true for single-finger firing or walking the trigger.

It might seem long, but it's actually the exact same size as the Axe. The only difference from the Axe is the feedneck location, which is further forward on the Crossover.

Posted Image

Edited by unfated33, 05 March 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#9 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Looks cool, I still think you can do better for $350 though. Maybe I am just biased against tippmann though.

#10 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think it's an interesting move on Tippmann's part. I also think it will work for many players. I was very critical of the Crossover when it was first released but with the price being lowered I may now end up picking one up.

#11 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

I still think $350 is too damn high, a plastic trigger guard,and no on-off ASA, what the actual fuck.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX

#12 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

I still think $350 is too damn high, a plastic trigger guard,and no on-off ASA, what the actual fuck.

Think plastic like the $395 Etha, or no on/off ASA like the $325 Mini. But better efficiency and shot feel than both.

#13 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Plastic as in composite, not "plastic" in the traditional sense. Besides, the Etek 3 LT and Etha both have composite frames with composite trigger guards.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#14 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Plastic as in composite, not "plastic" in the traditional sense. Besides, the Etek 3 LT and Etha both have composite frames with composite trigger guards.

Yes, exactly. Sorry if I created confusion there. I don't know what it is, but some kind of glass reinforced nylon or rigid polymer frame. You'd almost think it was coated metal by it's rigidity unless you separate it from the breach/valve and can feel how light the trigger guard is.

#15 madsnipes

madsnipes

Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

I think at that price it will be much more popular

#16 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yes, exactly. Sorry if I created confusion there. I don't know what it is, but some kind of glass reinforced nylon or rigid polymer frame. You'd almost think it was coated metal by it's rigidity unless you separate it from the breach/valve and can feel how light the trigger guard is.

Now I'm going to end up buying one.Damn it.
BST TIPX

#17 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,230 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

$200 gun in my books, the Etha blows it out of the water.

#18 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

For the price I'd rather just get another Axe. Bring it to 200 and we'll talk.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#19 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

$200 gun in my books, the Etha blows it out of the water.

I'm not sure I can argue price too much since that's closer to what I paid for it, but how exactly does the Etha blow it out of the water?

The Etha is less efficient, has more recoil/kick, and is more expensive. That's its clear downside.
The Etha does not have a backup mechanical mode. That's its subjective downside.

The Etha also has an on/off ASA, a nice two piece 14" barrel, a nicer carrying case/package, and a quality tool / maintenance set. That's its clear upside.
The Etha has subjectively better grips, an easier interface to the electronics, and a nicer feedneck (all in my opinion). That's its subjective upside.

I'd like to think we can all agree that warranty and support will be a wash.

Okay, if you can make the case that the Etha "blows it out of the water" from that, then you don't care about the same things in a paintball marker that I do. Insert Vanguard joke here.
I'll defer to someone's previous statement that if you're only looking at what a paintball marker is supposed to do as far as playing paintball, then the Crossover is the clear winner when compared to the Etha.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users