27 replies to this topic

#1 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Been outa paintball for past 6 months do to injuries mainly to my left leg incurred in a motorcycle accident in September (lady did not see me and literally turned and drove into my left side).

Open compound fracture of both shin bones with ALOT of torn tissue (leg was barely attached).
That was repaired in hospital in two surgeries were they put a rod in from knee to ankle with four screws attaching it. But there was not enuff tissue left to close the wound so it was left open to pack daily until enuff tissue could grow to close the wound.
Had a battle with infection for months and another surgery was scheduled and performed to cut out infected area and attempt to close the wound.

Things started to get better and I was even able to start walking even drove my truck again (stick shift) for first time in months. Was doing physio to get stronger again twice a wek

Then few days ago I started feeling ALOT of pain in my left leg. I went seen docs they said I was fine told to take some pain meds. Got even worse and very red. Went back to docs they said come back see the surgeon of the 4th aka tomorrow. But before that I was sitting in my chair with my leg up the pain was getting worse and literally I watched as my leg could no longer contain the swelling and split open under the strain. Again I was taken to ER by family ad seen by docs. I told the infection is back in a BAD way the steel in my leg is harbouring the bacteria that keeps causing me grief and the decision was made yesterday day to go in and operate on my leg to remove the steel from my leg and start over by basically glueing my bones togeather. I will be put in a cast now and my revovery time can be anything from 6 months now up too 2 years.

It's incredibly disheartening and angering to finally see the light and now to be taken back to the start of this fight. But still I guess I must be happy to at least still have my life and leg.

I was hoping and trying to get strong enuff to play the Canadian carnage game this July but thinking that's a long shoot at best now along with ALOT of my plans. And been really pissed off at the miss fortune.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#2 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Looks like the opposing team will have a leg up one you.

#3 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

hahahahhahahaha oooh wolfwood you so funny

not
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#4 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

There is a special leg of hell for people like you.

I love you.

#5 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Ouch...comments show no mercy

Posted Image

#6 GuyWithAQuestion

GuyWithAQuestion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm sure everybody's been saying this but it'll get better! I know what you're going through (to a pretty far extent) and its horrible, but with good friends and family you'll make it through! It's an extremely long and tough road to get down but you'll make it. Take care man!

#7 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

You can always go and chill at the field. I know I would. Such a relaxed atmosphere.

#8 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thanx guy with a question and others for a laugh. And I will be at canadian carnage this year even if just to support my sister by cleaning her gear and such.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#9 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Thanx guy with a question and others for a laugh. And I will be at canadian carnage this year even if just to support my sister by cleaning her gear and such.

Filling pods is always helpful as well.

#10 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I might be going to CC as well so it would be good to see you there

#11 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Fuck that, you will march up to that lady who hit you, drop your pants, and you will show her what for.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 04 March 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#12 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

That sucks man, in all honesty, wishing you a quick and painless recovery.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#13 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thanx all for the well wishes. I still fighting the good fight have had 4 surgeries with one possibly to come. I'm in a cast with a IV line to my Heart to fight the bone infection been hooked up to it now for 7 weeks. But other than that I'm in a cast and working towards getting more mobile. Not allowed to use crutches due to the style IV I have so move around with a walker (I be well practiced for when I'm old and grey lol).

But for those wanting to see pics of the bike and such I finally was able to get to my computer.

Keep in mind this if after the tow truck pulled the forks out enuff to move the bike
Posted Image

Still not sure how the tank got dented on the top
Posted Image

My mangled left leg after being bandaged
Posted Image

X RAY of the break after the emerg doc pushed bones back in leg and wrapped it.
Posted Image

Post second surgery X RAY. The metal has since all been removed due for X-rays again on Monday.
Posted Image

Rest pics are a bit gory and I don't think I should post them.

Edited by TinyBear, 16 April 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I sort of want to see them but get better!

#15 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Holy crap man!

when your leg heals, go to the lady's house($100 says you can find her on Facebook) ask her for her most Valued posestion, then take a shit on it and throw it in the neighbors window.

#16 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

OUCH! That first Xray looks painful. At least you're alive after that crash though. Good luck recovering.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#17 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Holy crap man!

when your leg heals, go to the lady's house($100 says you can find her on Facebook) ask her for her most Valued posestion, then take a shit on it and throw it in the neighbors window.

woah!! sadly some people don't have any remorse when an accident like this happens(the lady who hit you) just keep in mind karma is a bitch, and so is she..
i say mount two mother fucking guns to an all terrain hover round double up your padding and get your ass out on the field!! show that bitch that your injury can't hold you down oh no you've got to keep on movin... good luck on the road to recovery man...

#18 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

So you're one-legged and the title of this is "ARGGGG?"

Well shiver me timbers.

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Ha cause pirates

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#20 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 19 April 2013 - 11:14 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#21 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

So you're one-legged and the title of this is "ARGGGG?"

Well shiver me timbers.

HAHAHA lol pun was not intended.

The way I explained the accident to my girlfriend "well babe you know how ya always calling me a pig, Well I learned today pigs really CAN fly it the landings we gots issues with"

#22 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Well bone is still no were near healing and its looking like the lower portion of the bone is actually weakening due to lack of blood flow. So it's now undoubtable that I will be needed further surgeries. As of now the bones are kinda loose inside and I can feel them moving around (feels weird but not too painful). Alignment is absolutely Way off so no hope of them mending the selfs. I'm in a cast obviously but that's mostly just to protect the soft tissue from tearing as the bottom of my leg just wobbles around without it.

On a good note I have finally had that bloody IV line removed from my heart and am able to do a little more moving around and am once again allowed to drink. Doing my best to keep active and even was able to do bit work to fix my mums car the other week when I had to replace the intake manifold gasket on her Matrix (under book time to boot with only one leg lol).

Next surgery is some time in June as long as my blood tests still show all clear of the infection. After that hopefully I can begin healing. I fear what's next if this don't work.

At this point I mostly want to get back to working (miss my full pay check), Driving my own car (stick shift pickup), Riding my motorcycle now that the weathers getting nicer, and playing paintball.

But I beginning to think I may have to go back to working in management as this is taking too long and working on the floor as a diesel mechanic (what I enjoy) is very hard on the body. I used to run my shop and had to beg to be demoted as i missed fixing trucks just way too much. I missed teaching my at the time two apprentices the tricks of the trade and how to be faster and stat safe from injury. Since i hired my replacement and demoted myself i have be asked many times to take a promotion again. I think due to injury I may now have to accept the desk job :-(

Also thinking bout looking for a cheap used automatic car as I'm tired of borrowing family's cars every time I need or want to get out.

Here's some more lovely pics.

X-ray taken this Monday
Posted Image

And one to show how indented my leg is Thanx to the missing soft tissue under the skin that the bones and latter infection removed in the accident.
Posted Image

Some of the scaring before the infection forced the skin to burst open again. Now there's a few more scars but can't take pic because of the cast.
Posted Image

#23 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

show up at the lady's house and shove your busted up leg far into her anus.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#24 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

show up at the lady's house and shove your busted up leg far into her anus.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#25 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

[Insert leg joke]

No, but seriously, that sucks, hope you can get back on the field again soon.

#26 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

If you REALLY get the need to play you can see if you can get your hands on one of those wheel chair tanks from Living Legends.

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#27 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

^ awesomeness
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#28 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

^ awesomeness

Agreed :)

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users