• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jacknieland

jacknieland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hey guys. A friend of mine recently picked up two cases of Valken fate at our local shop. When we went to the field, his Etek couldn't shoot any without chopping. I checked the bore and it wasn't too small, and it shot PWI Bombz just fine for the rest of the day. When we got back, I put a pod through my ego5 and it chopped 2, and a pod through my ego 7 and it chopped at least half. I started doing drop tests with this paint and it would break when dropped a foot off the ground. My question is, is this paint more brittle than it should be? Is there a chance it's a factory second batch? Thanks

#2 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

That is crazy that it would break so easy, I would guess that there was something wrong with it. Maybe too much heat or maybe too much cold, or maybe it was just a bad batch when the shell was manufacuted.

#3 jacknieland

jacknieland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Yea it didn't seem right at all. I'll go pick up some bombz and see how that runs through my markers. I was filling my loader in my room when I dropped a ball from around 4 feet and it broke on carpet.

#4 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

I don't have any experience with Valken fate, but from what I can tell that behavior does not seem correct for that kind of paint.

I love you.

#5 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

I once had a case of conquest that I stored in an airtight container. The stuff got so brittle it would break from a 3 inch fall to concrete.( no I'm not exaggerating) Valkin paint normally doesn't act like that I think you just got a bad case like I did.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#6 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

That sounds abnormally brittle. Possibly a bad batch. If its breaking from below knee or mid thigh high when dropping it on concrete, it's too brittle and should return it to the shop of field.

#7 jacknieland

jacknieland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Alright thanks guys

#8 jacknieland

jacknieland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

I have another question, what's a good example of brittle paint that I should be able to shoot? I just want to make sure my marker is tuned alright.

#9 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

I used Valken fate not too long ago and i too broke some, it's pretty brittle paint as far as i could tell and was breaking a ball every game or so. While using the Draxxus my field has (Not sure which kind) I didn't break any.

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#10 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

my field's valken paint is also always breaking in everyones barrels. Im starting to think that it may also be because of weak spots in the seams or something.

#11 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

I have another question, what's a good example of brittle paint that I should be able to shoot? I just want to make sure my marker is tuned alright.

higher end gi or valken paint. dxs silver or gold, evil, etc.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#12 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Any thing that breaks on a hard surface like concrete from more that 3.5-4 feet I would consider fine.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#13 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Any thing that breaks on a hard surface like concrete from more that 3.5-4 feet I would consider fine.

You should be able to break it with your hands as well

Lulzjustacat.png

#14 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Tell him to turn his lpr the fuck down, the same thing happened to guy at my field.
109.gif

#15 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I shot a case of Fate through my Blitz... More confetti than New Year's. it also broke at a 1 foot drop.

#16 jacknieland

jacknieland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

I just pulled out a handful to test it again and they consistently broke and a foot and a half over concrete, bad batch me thinks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users