20 replies to this topic

#1 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hey guys!
Ive been reading over and over War's Thread on his build on the box mag. Here is the link if you'd like to go there.

http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=53190

Ive searched and I'm afraid I havent found a direct answer to the question I have.. and being new to this forum, I apologize if you verterans out there are tired of seeing threads about the same thing or resurrecting old threads..

ANYWAYS

My question is a little of a hard one to type out.. War and Oily used Reloader B Hoppers, which are sound activated and are optimal for this project. I however don't have one, I have a halo B V35, which uses eyes. Im not having a problem finding a way to rig the raceway so that the neck is directing paint up instead of down.. My question is if eyes right next to the raceway are going to do anything if they are at the lowest point of the mag...
If you look at some of War's pictures, he has a blue raceway at the bottom of his box mag. He then epoxied a 3/4 copper elbow to it to change the direction to go up into the warp tubing. If i have eyes anywhere between the raceway/copper elbow/ warp tube.. I am afraid that if the hopper fills paint all the way up into the tube and into my chamber.. If i shoot three shots.. Those three shots are not going to move any paint that is presently in the box mag.. the eyes wont see moving paint, and then paint wont ever move.. get it?
Worst case... If the eyes are RIGHT THERE next to the raceway, will the Halo load 4-5 paintballs and then stop loading because the eyes now see a paintball?

If all that mess is hard to understand, Ill make it simpler.
Will eyes work like some of the commentators said?
Where should i put the eyes if they would work?
Am I going to have to find similar wire that the eyes use, and extend their reach to be closer to the chamber of my gun?

Anything will help, Thanks !

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

I don't think the loader will work if the eyes are at the bottom. You would have to place them somewhere that guaranteed they would "see" the paintballs moving, and it may have to be all the way up at the feedneck where the paintballs stop moving up and are turned back down into the breech.

You can get Reloader B2 boards for a little over $10 though. http://www.ansgear.c...aderb2board.htm

Edited by andrewthewookie, 04 March 2013 - 07:53 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

I don't think the loader will work if the eyes are at the bottom. You would have to place them somewhere that guaranteed they would "see" the paintballs moving, and it may have to be all the way up at the feedneck where the paintballs stop moving up and are turned back down into the breech.

You can get Reloader B2 boards for a little over $10 though. http://www.ansgear.c...aderb2board.htm

Wow I never thought of simply replacing the board... Thanks for that idea.
Now just because Im in the "challenge accepted" mode, for the heck of it i may just continue trying to see if i can get the eyes to work just to say I did it, But for $10, i cant turn that down.
SO last question, just making sure this board will fit perfectly on the V35 just like the original board?
Am i going to need to cut anything in the outer "sticker" close to where the on/off button is to allow room for the mic?

Edited by 11XIII, 04 March 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

That is correct, that whole board is all you need. Just plug the motor/battery wire into the board and you're good to go.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 04 March 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#5 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

That is correct, that whole board is all you need. Just plug the motor/battery wire into the board and you're good to go.

Perfect. Thanks!

#6 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Try using a Virtue RF chip,its worth the extra $ to convert it,I used one sucessfully on my 1st boxmag build,my current ones use Draxxus Pulse hopper guts that uses RF,it'll save you a ton of frustration,most guns wont activate the soundboard reliably,TM7s are pretty quiet
Also suggest putting a detent near your lower elbow to prevent rollbacks and ball stack pressure,Halo motors are a little week
Oily was very helpful to me when I built my 1st boxmag,he's the reason I started building them,he also recommended I use a RF system
Im on my 4th one,if you have anyquestions PM me,heres a quick vid i did of my 3rd one
http://s1056.beta.ph...037331717002305

#7 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

ok, got a couple of the items in the mail and have started working on everything. Got a couple more questions..

that youtube link is someone elses how to on war's box mag..
I for some reason cannot fit the raceway in the box mag and everyone else seems to be doing it no problem without hacking at the raceways walls. its Diameter is too big for the box mag. I have the exact same box mag War and this guy have and the same raceway.. Ill figure something out, but just wondering if there was any input to be given on this before i try making something work.

Thanks again.
Ps got the sound activated board.. works like a charm

Edited by 11XIII, 09 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Maybe you just have the raceway turned a different way? I dunno, seems like it should work.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#9 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

I got it.. I had it turned the correct direction, its just the back wall that screws into place needed grinding/dremeled because the grooves were too thick to allow it all to close. Easy solve.
Everything is coming out really nice. Should have everything done this week.

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

:tup:

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#11 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

:tup:

Ok last problem Im running into..
Everything fits.. I have everything done except for an epoxy job to install shelving for the tm15's battery so it sits inside the other magazine perfectly.

What im running into is The Tm15 is a very quiet gun, and Im obviously using the Reloader B board that's sound activated. As I've read, there is no way to change the sound sensitivity correct? If so, can you think of any other fixes to solve this problem? It wont pick up anything unless i practically put the box mag right in front of the barrel and fire

#12 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

That depends. Do you have the B, or B2 board? The Reloader B board only has speed settings, while the B2 has speed, mic sensitivity, and tension monitoring settings.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#13 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

That depends. Do you have the B, or B2 board? The Reloader B board only has speed settings, while the B2 has speed, mic sensitivity, and tension monitoring settings.

I only got B1 after you referred me to the deal going on

#14 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Looks like ANS is having the same sale for the B2. Im going to message them and ask if I can send this one back and get it switched out with the B2. Anything is worth a shot lol.
Unless anyone has any ideas, Ill message them and just see what they say.

#15 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Ah, gotcha. Shoulda just gotten the one I linked earlier, lol.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 13 March 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#16 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Ah, gotcha. Shoulda just gotten the one I linked earlier, lol.

Damn that sucks lol..
ohwell. I have plenty of things to work on, perfect, before i put this thing out on the field.
What would be awesome is if they would send one out the same day i send them this board and provide a tracking number. That way they know i shipped it and I can get the b2 board earlier..

#17 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well this is embarrassing LOL.

Looks like i did use your link and i did order the Reloader B2. I thought i had the reloader b1 because i didnt know there were 2 in the first place, and i dont ever remember ordering or saying that i wanted the upgraded version.
So because of your link, you saved the day hahaha.

OK, so now that this is solved, I will google how to change sound sensitivity and be on my merry way :P

#18 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Lol, glad that worked itself out.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#19 11XIII

11XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

Lol, glad that worked itself out.

Pretty much done! Shoots great. Thanks for the help and answering all my Qs

Attached File  image.jpeg   185.34KB   20 downloads

#20 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Looks great,nice job,welcome to the boxmag club :D

#21 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Nice. Always great to see a plan come together.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users