16 replies to this topic

#1 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

im just asking about this marker. is it good? what is the reputation on them? and is it hard to maintain and find parts? thanks

#2 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

for $1600, it's a waste of money.

#3 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have no experience with it, but from reviews and people at my field, it is a hit or miss (at least for the money). There are some out of the box problems (like bolt stick) and a guy at my field yesterday had his vapor go down... TWICE!! That is a HUGE problem considering you are paying well over $1000... It does come with a lot in the box though. I would not consider it an option for me if I ever got a highend.

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

You would have to pay me to take one.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

great gun to buy used. ive found them for $800-950 but even around $750. machine is a good company, constantly coming out with hardware/software updates and parts that are free for owners that have properly registered their gun. its also super easy to transfer the warranty if you do decide the gun isn't for you. great overall gun, but the resale is shit. if you're looking for a luxe-smooth spoolie that gets good efficiency for a spoolie, grab it.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#6 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

but the looks of it just make me want it soo bad

#7 TechPB-Jaeger

TechPB-Jaeger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Ok this is going to be as unbiased as possible!!!!
I currently shoot a Vapor and it shoots better than anything I have shot to date!!(and my clone vx was damn good). In terms of reliability it is like any other spool, you must take care of it!! it likes a thicker-ish lube and lots of it! When it comes to leaks or paint chopping it is simply because you must be able to adjust and maintain your gun! It doesn't just chop and leak for no damn reason! TAKE CARE OF YOUR GUNS PEOPLE. Personally I think it is by far the best looking gun, forsure one of the better shooting guns, and a high-efficiency spool, comfy in your hands. and finally in terms of value, you get a gun barrel kit, a hopper, two triggers. overall a GOOD VALUE.dont look at it as "1650 for just a gun" its not, although the spares kit should be bulked up! and you also get free parts updates. So you must look at the purchase of a vapor in the bigger picture, its not just the gun.
OC Flashpoint
Come see us at Camp Pendleton
Thanks to:
Machine paintball, Valken, Sly, PBlyfe,Extreme Pros

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Machine supposedly sold parts they or the manufacturer knew were defective. They're never getting a cent of my money.

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I currently shoot a Vapor and it shoots better than anything I have shot to date!!

lol

#10 TechPB-Jaeger

TechPB-Jaeger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

I currently shoot a Vapor and it shoots better than anything I have shot to date!!

lol

you may think its funny, and of course there is going to be some bias I recognize that, but I believe all of that.....Machine also makes a great sponsor!
OC Flashpoint
Come see us at Camp Pendleton
Thanks to:
Machine paintball, Valken, Sly, PBlyfe,Extreme Pros

#11 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

If you look into the history of the company and the people that runs it, I would never do business with them whatsoever.
It is owned by the same people that owned Dragun, another company known for copying design and reselling, although in that case at a lower price point.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#12 What is my Display Name

What is my Display Name

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Get the Vapor when the Vapor Hopper comes out....LMAO

#13 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

For my money I'd wait for them to fix the few problems they have then buy they're product. Yes you are getting a ton of stuff at the price and the free updates is great but problems are problems. But I will stress I LOVE seeing companies really standing behind they're products. But IMO I would never buy a gun from a company until they've been around for a few years and has made mistakes and learned from them.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#14 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

absolutely zero reason to own one over a luxe.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#15 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Not true, aesthetically it looks better then a luxe to me, obviously new I wouldn't buy one but they go for cheaper then a luxe (2.0). You get what I'm saying right?
109.gif

#16 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Not true, aesthetically it looks better then a luxe to me, obviously new I wouldn't buy one but they go for cheaper then a luxe (2.0). You get what I'm saying right?

aesthetics are opinion. but yes, i get what your saying.
im basing the luxe > vapor comment to the fact that the vapor isn't giving you any huge performance gains over a luxe (or even the new V-COM).
efficiency, shot quality, etc. will be equal in the best case scenario, so why go for the new company thats already had issues with their markers over the company that made macroless spool valve guns happen in the first place?

luxe has years of proven technology, quality, and reliability behind it. why chose anything else?

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#17 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

aesthetics are opinion. but yes, i get what your saying.
im basing the luxe > vapor comment to the fact that the vapor isn't giving you any huge performance gains over a luxe (or even the new V-COM).
efficiency, shot quality, etc. will be equal in the best case scenario, so why go for the new company thats already had issues with their markers over the company that made macroless spool valve guns happen in the first place?

luxe has years of proven technology, quality, and reliability behind it. why chose anything else?

Well as I mentioned before aesthetics's are a factor even though opinion based. Not to mention that idea of "its a new company lets support it" comes in which is also opinionated but still there. One thing I feel that Machine has worked on is customer service, and the companies reputation isn't looking to bad right now. Also I'm pretty sure this argument has been made a before regarding luxes and shockers no?
109.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users