36 replies to this topic

#1 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi , I was wondering if someone could tell me what they think the best choice out of these three guns would be for tournaments.

1. Empire Axe
2. MacDev Drone DX
3. Planet Eclipse Etek 4 LT or AM

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#2 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

used axe as low as $250

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#3 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

used axe as low as $250

Yeah I think everyone is going to tell me the axe from what I've heard.

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Axe

used axe as low as $250

There is a reason why we do recommend the Axe.

#5 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Axe

used axe as low as $250

hahaha true! I've heard it's a great gun for speedball and airball and things. I plan to play snake A LOT. Will this be the right choice for snake, since it's short?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#6 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Empire axe : all metal construction, best Asa, quietest, most efficient, best trigger IMO, tool less disassembly, and best egronomics IMO. Etek in second, definentily the loudest of the three, has the best barrel and board, and can be the most consistent. There's nothing really special about the drone, except that it's the cheapest.

Edited by Poopfairy35, 04 March 2013 - 08:56 PM.

I am a raccoon.

#7 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Axe

used axe as low as $250

hahaha true! I've heard it's a great gun for speedball and airball and things. I plan to play snake A LOT. Will this be the right choice for snake, since it's short?

yes

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

The axe is a great marker. However, I was fine with the drone dx that I used for a while when my brother was out of country studying. Both of those are grwat markers.
Sorry to Eclipse fans, I think that the Etek sucks monkeyballs. I have reasons, and have used the Etek3 quite a bit for me to know what im talking about. The trigger is not close to the Axe by any means, and the shot quality is terrible. Many here agree, and the Eclipse Rep. at disruptive agrees as well.
Axe has an amazing trigger and shot quality, and the Drone DX has a nice shot quality.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

My Axe in snake = magic.

#10 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I would personally take the reflex rail. It just feels do much better in the hands than the axe. Not because of the front grip, because of where your hands grip it in the back. It doesn't feel as secure and controllable as the reflex and for that single reason I would pick it over anything else in the price range.

Ohio Raiders 

#11 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

The axe is a great marker. However, I was fine with the drone dx that I used for a while when my brother was out of country studying. Both of those are grwat markers.
Sorry to Eclipse fans, I think that the Etek sucks monkeyballs. I have reasons, and have used the Etek3 quite a bit for me to know what im talking about. The trigger is not close to the Axe by any means, and the shot quality is terrible. Many here agree, and the Eclipse Rep. at disruptive agrees as well.
Axe has an amazing trigger and shot quality, and the Drone DX has a nice shot quality.

the etek 2 and up have always been absolute shit.

#12 willy704

willy704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Used Bob Long Marq or Vice. They can be had for really good prices (Vice is a bit more than the Marq). Used High end > new mid range, for the same price.
MARQ OWNERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE

Posted Image

#13 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I would personally take the reflex rail. It just feels do much better in the hands than the axe. Not because of the front grip, because of where your hands grip it in the back. It doesn't feel as secure and controllable as the reflex and for that single reason I would pick it over anything else in the price range.

Reflex will definitely be the smoothest, but god how annoying is the bolt assembly & the programming? Not to mention the insane amount of o-rings.
I am a raccoon.

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

I do agree that the UL frame on the Reflex Rail is pretty nice and more comfortable than the Axe, but you get used to a gun you own fadt enough for it to not bother you.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

My Axe in snake = magic.

hahahaha Yeah I think I choose the axe. Just watched some videos of it in the snake gameplay and it is exactly what I want.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#16 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Reflex will definitely be the smoothest, but god how annoying is the bolt assembly & the programming? Not to mention the insane amount of o-rings.

that is a complete turnoff for me on that gun which is why I tell newer players to stay away from that. reflexs always have bolt stick problems here in PA, and go through lube like crazy

#17 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

that is a complete turnoff for me on that gun which is why I tell newer players to stay away from that. reflexs always have bolt stick problems here in PA, and go through lube like crazy

It's like a high end car. You get the awesome looks and performance but you also get the "problems" that come with them. I learned how to take one apart and do basic maintenance on one in less then five minutes. Honestly guys its not that hard.

Ohio Raiders 

#18 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

It's like a high end car. You get the awesome looks and performance but you also get the "problems" that come with them. I learned how to take one apart and do basic maintenance on one in less then five minutes. Honestly guys its not that hard.

yes but then you're comparing a subaru to a mercedes...for the same price.

#19 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Ok, I'm going to end this now before anyone gets all butthurt. It all really depends on if you think the extra maintenance is worth you're time. Tick thinks so, epicwoodsballer doesn't.
I am a raccoon.

#20 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ok, I'm going to end this now before anyone gets all butthurt. It all really depends on if you think the extra maintenance is worth you're time. Tick thinks so, epicwoodsballer doesn't.

I actually think it's foolish to compare a reflex to an axe.

Edit - I said it wasn't worth the effort

Edited by Tick, 04 March 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#21 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

No I said it was worth it.

Ohio Raiders 

#22 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

For me,I always thought the axe had POS ergos coming from a mini,but then I held one and now am in love with it.Its odd because they look to be the exact same,but I think it may have been the size difference.And,as has been stated above,it is an amazing marker.But,before you ever buy a new or used gun,I suggest you download the manual on a computer and get to know the marker before you even hold it.Also,try to see if anyone at your field has one that they will let you hold.That is how I fell in love with it myself.

#23 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Sorry, got it backwards. Oops.
I am a raccoon.

#24 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

No I said it was worth it.

hahaha yeah they went back and forth so many times that they got confused. I noticed that you were the one for the rail.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#25 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

If it came down to Axe vs Reflex then that is poppet vs spoolie in which case we all know how that ends. I am going to say buy a used high end. If you are looking for a gun to use for tournaments, it is going to get beat up. If you buy used, not only are you going to save money but you do not have to worry about your gun getting beat up as much, because of the fact that you saved money. If you buy X gun and pay $1300 for it, you are going to baby the piss out of it. If you buy x gun used for $700 you are going to not care as much when the frame gets bent and you have to get a new gun. Anytime someone is looking for a tournament gun I recommend buying used because of this reason.

#26 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

If it came down to Axe vs Reflex then that is poppet vs spoolie in which case we all know how that ends. I am going to say buy a used high end. If you are looking for a gun to use for tournaments, it is going to get beat up. If you buy used, not only are you going to save money but you do not have to worry about your gun getting beat up as much, because of the fact that you saved money. If you buy X gun and pay $1300 for it, you are going to baby the piss out of it. If you buy x gun used for $700 you are going to not care as much when the frame gets bent and you have to get a new gun. Anytime someone is looking for a tournament gun I recommend buying used because of this reason.

huh that's actually a great point! I will look at used high ends on the B/S/T then too.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#27 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,581 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

skip all three, get yourself an Alien Invasion. at the new $500 price tag it's unbeatable.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#28 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

skip all three, get yourself an Alien Invasion. at the new $500 price tag it's unbeatable.

I wondered about the alien invasion. Is it actually an ok gun?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#29 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,581 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I have one sitting right next to me and I don't have a bad thing to say about it.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

#30 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I have one sitting right next to me and I don't have a bad thing to say about it.

I need a gun that has a good trigger and is good for any speedball and airball type tournaments I. So is it good for that?

Edited by Justin B., 05 March 2013 - 04:22 PM.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#31 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

I can compare the drone and axe, since i have owned both. I currently own the axe, and like it a little better. below is a quick review of what i think are pretty important things for a gun

Shot: I have the axe with the boss bolt, and the difference in the shot is so minimal that i can't really say the drone shoots that much better.
ergos: Amazingly, i actually prefer the ergos of the Axe, The drone feels really boxy in my hand holding the trigger frame and this doesn't allow me to wrap my thumb around the back of the trigger frame. My hand kinda just rests on the trigger frame.
Trigger: The Axe trigger is AMAZING!!!!!!!!. So light, so easy to walk. Super smooth. THe drone trigger is grainy and rather noisy. Has side to side movement.

#32 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,581 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Trigger is preference, I like it, but I also don't play competitive paintball...there's nothing in that for me. I can walk the trigger all day, and shoot 12-15 bps the whole time...it's not an issue for me.

I like it. and it's reliable, I've never had it leave me sit out a game.

#33 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Trigger is preference, I like it, but I also don't play competitive paintball...there's nothing in that for me. I can walk the trigger all day, and shoot 12-15 bps the whole time...it's not an issue for me.

I like it. and it's reliable, I've never had it leave me sit out a game.

ok thanks

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#34 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I may go with the invasion just because it sounds just as quiet as the axe and it has an actual case!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#35 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

I am going to say do not get an Alien Invasion because for $500 you could just get a G6R (2011) or an older Ego, Marq, Victory...etc. Also, the Alien Invasion has a sharp block under the lpr and it is annoying.

#36 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

I haven't heard anyone mention the alien invasion yet....

EDIT: And then I look up.... where is the delete button?

Edited by Vhyrus, 05 March 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#37 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I am going to say do not get an Alien Invasion because for $500 you could just get a G6R (2011) or an older Ego, Marq, Victory...etc. Also, the Alien Invasion has a sharp block under the lpr and it is annoying.

yeah I still want to buy an axe or used high end gun actually.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users