Would u be okay buying used?

#4 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

I use a Carver one with an Apex2, and car-stock.Most people would call it crappy , but if a gun fits you decent it doesn't have to be expensive.I do really well with it so I don't see a point in having a "better" gun, other then the fact that I like to fondle paintball guns.

As far owning a Tippmann IMO the carver one is the only way to go, 30 cases through mine and runs like new. recommended them to my team now everyone has one that's configured a little differently .

Edited by Billy Badass-RPF, 04 March 2013 - 09:46 PM.

If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#5 Evo Core

Evo Core

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Would u be okay buying used?

sure if its a good gun

but i usually buy new

#6 CTW

CTW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Azodin Blitz, Gog Extcy, Pretty much any tippman, GOG Envy, just look into it some, you should find quit a few. Also, If your looking for a Cheap electric hopper with the quality of a Dye Rotor, go with a Invert Halo Too hopper, its $70 but works like a $140 hopper.

#7 Evo Core

Evo Core

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Azodin Blitz, Gog Extcy, Pretty much any tippman, GOG Envy, just look into it some, you should find quit a few. Also, If your looking for a Cheap electric hopper with the quality of a Dye Rotor, go with a Invert Halo Too hopper, its $70 but works like a $140 hopper.

how much bps does the hopper disperse

#8 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I use a Dangerous Power G5 which is $330, but the GoG eXTCy is $250 and a great value, and the Proto Rail 2011 is $250 and is also good for the price. The Mini is $325 new but has weird ergos, and the Axe could be found used maybe a bit under $300 in the BSTs here but also has the Mini's awkward ergonomic setup.

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Tippmanns and Azodin markers are obsolete because of Proto and GOG, do not buy them.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Says 20 out of the box, can get over 30 on the highest speed setting.
I am a raccoon.

#11 CTW

CTW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

how much bps does the hopper disperse

sorry for replying so late, but its up to a 20bps

Tippmanns and Azodin markers are obsolete because of Proto and GOG, do not buy them.

just making some suggestions, and dont be fooled by tippman, their guns may be cheap but will last you forever!

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

So wait first tell us this:
What is your current setup?
Mask, loader, tank, marker, everything.

For guns, I would recommend the GoG eXTCy or a used mid end marker.

My guns I use and own:
GoG eXTCy
Smart Parts Ion
GoG eNMEy

Markers I use but do not own, but are my brothers:
MacDev Clone GT
MacDev Drone DX (I think he's going to sell it though)
CCM S6

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

just making some suggestions, and dont be fooled by tippman, their guns may be cheap but will last you forever!

So are most any other gun? Tippmanns aren't the only reliable gun. I find them to be completely obsolete. Azodin is at least making an effort to produce guns that can compete with markers in their price range, as Tippmann mainly appeals to either milsimmers, people who just get a gun from walmart, people attached to the brand out of nostalgia, or people who have Tippmanns shoved into their face by another bandwagon:
'Tippmanns are the best. Spyders suck and always break. Space guns Angels are the best but for rich snobs or sponsored pro's who get stuff for free!'
type of person.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 05 March 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#14 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Tippmann are about 20 years behind, nothing they've got comes within spitting distance to 'modern' spoolies like an Envy or Rail. Love their guns but theres no getting away from the fact that they're crap.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#15 CTW

CTW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Tippmann are about 20 years behind, nothing they've got comes within spitting distance to 'modern' spoolies like an Envy or Rail. Love their guns but theres no getting away from the fact that they're crap.

not trying to defend them, but most of their guns dont compare with rails or envy because they are completelty different types of guns,since most tippmann are for scenario and guns like rails are for speedball, they also become alot better if you upgrade them.

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

not trying to defend them, but most of their guns dont compare with rails or envy because they are completelty different types of guns,since most tippmann are for scenario and guns like rails are for speedball, they also become alot better if you upgrade them.

But rails and envy's can preform much better even in the woodsball fields. What disadvantages does a 'speedball' marker have on the woodsball fields? and what 'upgrades' actually make it shoot better than the rail or the envy, and are also less than the base price of either marker. All upgrades on Tippmanns are next to useless, and are a waste of money.

#17 PBDream

PBDream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

I have a GOG eXTCy with a pinokio loader and I recommend it over the Proto Rail.

#18 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Then what are you trying to do?

Paintball guns are for, well, paintball. The last time I checked, it didn't say "for speedball use only" on the boxes or in manuals of any paintball guns that didn't have tons of bolt-on cosmetic mods that do nothing but add bulk. I would use a rail long before a Tippmann if I could only pick between those two choices.

No matter how you "upgrade" a Tippmann, it will never be able to compete with a rail or other modern paintball guns. The design is just that old. Sorry, it can't compete. They may be popular in some rec and woods fields, but it's just tradition of people telling new players to get them. I can maybe see a reason for places far enough away from actual fields that HPA isn't an option, and everyone still uses CO2. But that's about it.

Tippmanns have the advantage of being dirt simple. An untrained monkey could operate one. That is their only real advantage on the field. Other then that, they are less accurate (due to being less consistent), clunky, slower ROF potential, less efficient, etc. etc. They do not win in any performance category, or even seem reasonable compare to the alternatives.

#19 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

What disadvantages does a 'speedball' marker have on the woodsball fields?

Sometimes, it rains.

(Not trying to make the case for Tippmanns, but maybe suggesting that it's not totally ridiculous to consider mechs for woodsball.)

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Well, sometimes in rains on the airball field. Regardless of marker, you wouldnt want to play in the rain cause shots go everywhereand just overall sucks.

#21 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

What disadvantages does a 'speedball' marker have on the woodsball fields?

Sometimes, it rains.

(Not trying to make the case for Tippmanns, but maybe suggesting that it's not totally ridiculous to consider mechs for woodsball.)

I've actually played in the pouring rain with electronic markers. It was pretty crazy, I actually had a ball corkscrew in the air from so much water in my barrel. One of my most memorable times paintballing.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#22 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Sometimes, it rains.

I'm pretty sure that if an electro can survive this without issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZQBthIrz0

that it really doesn't matter if it rains or not.

I thought we got past this myth long ago. Guess not.

#23 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

For 250, the eXTCy rules that price point. Anything above that, save up for a used Axe or new mini.

#24 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

For 250, the eXTCy rules that price point. Anything above that, save up for a used Axe or new mini.

Agreed
I am a raccoon.

#25 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I ate shit in the woods once and lost my gun in a 12in deep puddle. Picked it up shook it out and kept shooting, it was a mech though, I don't think an electric gun would have been so good off.

Edited by Billy Badass-RPF, 06 March 2013 - 06:46 PM.

If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#26 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

They don't compare because they're crappy, they're loud heavy inefficient and kicky. I honestly would say get a spyder over a tippmann, just because its going to be lighter.
For $250 the rail is unbeatable, and the extcy is close behind.
However don't go buying a gun until you have a mask tank and a hopper
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#27 henchman

henchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Get a brand new Enmey for $130.
These guns are truly awesome..

#28 Aerophyre

Aerophyre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

People are throwing out guns without getting enough info from the OP.

OP, if you're still following the thread we need some info from you.

First, what kind of ball do you plan on playing: speedball, woodsball, or both?

Are you interested in any kind of milsim or railed guns or just want a normal gun?

Do you have a reliable access to HPA or will you be using CO2?

Once we get these questions answered we can give you a better idea of what you're looking for.

Assuming you don't care about milsim markers and you have access to HPA, I can suggest 3 guns in your price point of $250: The Proto Rail, the GoG EXTCy, and the Dangerous Power G4. The G4 is slightly more expensive but still well under $300.

All three of those guns require HPA and a decent loader, so expect to throw another $150-250 on top of that for a tank and hopper if you're buying new. You will also need a mask which is another $40-100 bucks. All of this must be taken into consideration.

My best advice is to go to a store or field and actually hold the guns you're looking at. Try the trigger. Run some air or paint through them if you can. Talk to people who own them and ask them what they like and dislike about their guns and if they've had any problems. Talk to the field and shop owners about what guns are reliable and which ones break more often. This is not a small amount of money you're spending and once you purchase the gun you wont be getting back what you paid for it, so make sure you're confident with your decision before you buy. I hope this helps.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users