Photo

Ego LV1 vs older Ego...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Ego LV1 vs older Ego... (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get an older ego now, or save up for the LV1?

1. Buy/trade for an older ego (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. Wait for the LV1 (11 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I have quite a few spools right now, and I want to pick up a poppet for my gearbag: slightly better efficiency and a little more noise are sometimes exactly what I'm looking for when I play.
I've already chosen the Ego platform because I love the company that's behind them; and I'm not really thrilled with the handful of other companies that make poppets at the moment.

Anyway, as it is right now, I have nowhere near the amount of money I'd need to be able to afford the LV1; so I'd have to sell some stuff, and even then, I'd have to save up the cash for awhile. (College is taking most of my cash right now.)

My big question is: is it worth the extra money to wait and get the LV1, when I can trade or sell one (or possibly two) for a slightly older Ego that's in great shape? I know there's a decent difference in performance; but would I be happier with the LV1 in the long run?

(And yes, I realize that the LV1 has not been widely released yet.)

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

slightly better efficiency and a little more noise are sometimes exactly what I'm looking for when I play.

Better get an Etek if you want that Posted Image

I say get the LV1 just so you can have it first at your field.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Wait for some reviews of the LV1, if it lives up to the hype it'll be pretty damn good.

Also keep in my mind that there's the Impulse and new Cyborg coming out and the G6R still smokes any Ego.

#4 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

slightly better efficiency and a little more noise are sometimes exactly what I'm looking for when I play.

Better get an Etek if you want that Posted Image

I say get the LV1 just so you can have it first at your field.

That's the thing: I would have to wait several months to be able to afford it.

Wait for some reviews of the LV1, if it lives up to the hype it'll be pretty damn good.

Also keep in my mind that there's the Impulse and new Cyborg coming out and the G6R still smokes any Ego.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, or just strange, but I despise BLAST markers of any sort with a passion.
The New impulse looks cool; but if I wanted an Imp, I'd just get an 09 Impulse: at least those are macroless.

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#5 Moraken

Moraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Im sure the lv1 will shoot great but with how low the price on the 11 has gotten it certainly seems like it would be worth picking one up if you didnt want to wait

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

I shot Ryan Lovato's Ego LV1, and I liked it better than the older egos. That rubber makes it feel pretty sturdy, and it shot quieter than the other egos.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

From everyone I have talked to from PBE, the LV1 seems to be living up to the hype real well. People told me that it might look cheesy but it is actually very robust feeling, it's on the long side which gives you more control but if you don't like that then get an older Ego. Also, the shot quality is great (from what I have been told) and the trigger feels great.

#8 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Im sure the LV1 is amazing because Eclipse made it. But personaly I hate the look of the LV1.
Plus the ego 11 is about $900 and some change at ANS right now. So id much rather get the geo 11 then the LV1 just on price. but thats just opinion
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Im sure the LV1 is amazing because Eclipse made it. But personaly I hate the look of the LV1.
Plus the ego 11 is about $900 and some change at ANS right now. So id much rather get the geo 11 then the LV1 just on price. but thats just opinion

So everything Eclipse makes is amazing? What about the Etek?
And looks shouldn't be at all what matters, even on a high end gun. Have you seen it in person and held it? It looks damn sexy and the grips make it damn comfortable to hold.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Although no marker ever lives up to the hype (nothing lives up to the hype) I even though I hate eclipse, have got to say it's looking pretty impressive. I would say wait for it because ego's haven't changed much every year with the exception of the 11 which had changes that didn't do much
109.gif

#11 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I'm pretty sure the urge to buy an older Ego is just my inner gun whore trying to satisfy itself.
I'll try to resist until I can afford the LV1....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users