• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 Oakley9

Oakley9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

I know they just released the DAM, but what do you guys think they will be doing next? The other lines for the past 3+ years have just been getting a facelift. I can't say I blame them do to how successful their guns have been. Do you think we will see maybe a poppit gun from them in the future? or perhaps maybe another crack at an NT style gun? Thoughts?
George Mason Paintball
Clone VX F/S/T

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Either macroless, a new revamped NT, or both.

At least that's what I'd like to see.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

I'm hoping they release the next DM with an OLED board, or at least an LCD screen. There isn't really much else they can improve for the DM though. I want to say a new innovation with the Fuse bolt would be cool, but it's already great where it's at, so I'm not sure what they could even do.

As far as their other products go *cough* Rotor *cough*, they'll probably just keep releasing "new" model years in different colors.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#4 scmillman

scmillman

Courage, Knowledge, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

imo the next DM MUST be macroless AND have a screen. the platform shoots great, but at this point its basically a 10 year old design, that hasn't significantly been improved upon in the last 5. Take a DM8 and a DM13, and honestly I dare you to tell me they shoot differently. the 13 will be a little bit more comfortable, easier to work on and look sweeter, but I think players are starting to figure out that buying a Dye gun named after the current year isn't a financially efficient move, as opposed to a Bob Long or Macdev gun that has actually improved since its predecessor's release. Even Planet Eclipse has changed important things about the guns (lowering the cycle speed specifically). That said, Egos have had screens since they came out, not improving that doesn't matter because its already good. A screen was a luxury in 05, an option in 08 - in 2013, in that price range, its a necessity. And in order to create the buzz around the gun that they need, it needs to be macroless too, so that the whole paintball world is excited about the "totally redesigned" DM, instead of saying "welcome to this decade, Dye. about time."

$.02

Who am I, what am I, and what do I do? I'm a Christian, I'm a Gator, and I'm a drummer.

Feedback - http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214182

#5 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

^^^is that a Catalina wine mixer

#6 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

New from Dye for 2014: Colorways! DyeArgyle! DyePaisley! DyeCelticKnot! DyePolkaDot!

#7 Crashkt90

Crashkt90

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

New from Dye for 2014: Colorways! DyeArgyle! DyePaisley! DyeCelticKnot! DyePolkaDot!

This is a must.

Reverse Drop Forward Gloss Black Modified Stock Class Phantom

#8 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Don't forget DyePlaid and DuraDye!
FEEDBACK +10

#9 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

-I think that they need to really change the shape of the DM. They need to make it shorter, and more like a Geo or NT.
-Or, instead of this, they should bring back the NT line except go for the DMs shot, and price(maybe lower).
-They should also work on a poppit marker, with all the good things that dye has (UL frame, barrel, tool-less grips and all).
-Also, lowering the prices on some of their product would be great!

#10 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

I think dye takes a crack at tanks,or at least regulators. I also see a quicker speed feed change for the rotor.
I am a raccoon.

#11 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

^^^They've already done that

As for what I'd like to see,probably a DYE gun that I can afford

#12 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

I think dye takes a crack at tanks,or at least regulators. I also see a quicker speed feed change for the rotor.

They have been selling tanks, the Dye Throttle:
http://www.ansgear.c...ank-68-grey.htm

#13 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

The next DM will probably use that whole reg in the bolt pin thing they have on the DAM, only with the LPR.
So the DM will likely be lower profile like an NT / any other spool.

-They should also work on a poppit marker, with all the good things that dye has (UL frame, barrel, tool-less grips and all).

Dye has made a poppet
Posted Image

#14 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'd like to see something different. All the spools are so cookie cutter. Almost exactly the same and they blend right into the crowd. I wanna see a marker that sticks out
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#15 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Dye has made a poppet

Not technically. They didn't actually make it, just took an existing gun and PL'd it.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#16 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

I wanna see a marker that sticks out

Ever play the dorrito with a DM? Posted Image

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#17 scmillman

scmillman

Courage, Knowledge, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

??? I've done it with a PM8, and didn't find it any better or worse than any other gun in a dorito....

Who am I, what am I, and what do I do? I'm a Christian, I'm a Gator, and I'm a drummer.

Feedback - http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214182

#18 jacknieland

jacknieland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

I think it's time for them to overhaul the DM. In my opinion, an OLED board is in order, and going macroless would put it a step above the ego in that aspect. Also, making the marker lower in profile would definitely make a massive difference. If they haven't already done it, a tool-less bolt would be cool too.

#19 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

Same thing, new colors.

inb4 don't fix what isn't broken debate

#20 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Why do they have to make a poppet marker? It makes no sense at all, there's no point for them to do so. And why bother with the waste of putting a screen on the board because you're too lazy to count flashes?
I've been a big PE fan for ages, and shot their markers as long, if not longer than Dye's. The screen is pointless. Every marker I've had with a screen made me feel it has an unnecessary gadget that I never need on it.
Let's not get started at the whole macro less movement, I've played paintball for years and I've owned over 40 high ends, some without macorlines, again, it's pointless, the hose has never, ever been in the way of anything.

I hope they make a new NT that is reliable and a Rotor that's even better than the one they have now.

#21 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I'd like to see a really nice pump.... DMP!

Edited by GeezusPB, 06 March 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#22 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Is....is it bad that I would totally buy a marker that had celtic knot work design on the frame? I think on like an Axe or an Ego that'd be sick as hell...

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#23 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Why do they have to make a poppet marker? It makes no sense at all, there's no point for them to do so. And why bother with the waste of putting a screen on the board because you're too lazy to count flashes?
I've been a big PE fan for ages, and shot their markers as long, if not longer than Dye's. The screen is pointless. Every marker I've had with a screen made me feel it has an unnecessary gadget that I never need on it.
Let's not get started at the whole macro less movement, I've played paintball for years and I've owned over 40 high ends, some without macorlines, again, it's pointless, the hose has never, ever been in the way of anything.

I hope they make a new NT that is reliable and a Rotor that's even better than the one they have now.

I'm going to say this lot. At that price point, you can't have those little things that bug you, and it's a marketing necessity to keep up with the competition. Just look in the price bracket for all of the new markers at paintball extravaganza. Planet went micro less, & empire threw in an LCD screen. If dye is going to make a marker every year, they should do something with it other than milling, or not make a new marker.
I am a raccoon.

#24 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm going to say this lot. At that price point, you can't have those little things that bug you, and it's a marketing necessity to keep up with the competition. Just look in the price bracket for all of the new markers at paintball extravaganza. Planet went micro less, & empire threw in an LCD screen. If dye is going to make a marker every year, they should do something with it other than milling, or not make a new marker.

Some people care about performance and a comfortable grip, not a pointless Screen.
And a macroline really make things simpler. It doesn't matter, so they doesn't have to do either to "keep up with the competition".

So my point still stands.

#25 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

??? I've done it with a PM8, and didn't find it any better or worse than any other gun in a dorito....

Sarcasm was intended when you see :dodgy: after a post. Besides the DM conpared to other spoolies in its price range is a fricken boat.

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#26 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Some people care about performance and a comfortable grip, not a pointless Screen.
And a macroline really make things simpler. It doesn't matter, so they doesn't have to do either to "keep up with the competition".

Your point would still stand if dm13s weren't $1,300 & unchanged performance wise from the dm10
I am a raccoon.

#27 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Your point would still stand if dm13s weren't $1,300 & unchanged performance wise from the dm10

His point stands regardless because people still buy the DMs.

I love you.

#28 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Word of an NT13 has been circulating for a while? A couple of my teammates and I had a discussion with a more "recognized" team who claimed they talked to Dye techs at world cup about it. So it'll be nice to find out :D
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#29 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Eventualy dye will gave to adapt or die so to speak there are spool valve guns that blow it out of the water. The 2013 demon comes to mind. It needs some work on the reliability aspect which I believe the new version addressed. Once all the fanboys unbiasedly shoot these other guns dye will take a hit. Assuming we call performance on par between the d m and demon. The small features matter. The oled And macroless will make the difference

#30 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Dye won't change anything until they start losing enough of the market to warrant releasing a new product. They're not obligated to make something new, and neither is anyone else.

The only reason companies develop new products is because they think that they can take up a part of the market they did not previously possess. They don't do it to make things better for you, the end user. The end user just gets the benefit of better things because that's what ends up taking over previously unheld space in the market.

#31 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Eventualy dye will gave to adapt or die so to speak there are spool valve guns that blow it out of the water. The 2013 demon comes to mind. It needs some work on the reliability aspect which I believe the new version addressed. Once all the fanboys unbiasedly shoot these other guns dye will take a hit. Assuming we call performance on par between the d m and demon. The small features matter. The oled And macroless will make the difference

Except I would buy a marker even if it doesn't have a screen and has a macroline. What I will not buy is a marker that is going to fail miserably on me.

I love you.

#32 ZzBrutality

ZzBrutality

Better than the best

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'd like to see them try and make a nice pump, but hey, that's just me.

#33 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Except I would buy a marker even if it doesn't have a screen and has a macroline. What I will not buy is a marker that is going to fail miserably on me.

I understand this and will agree to an extent, however the demons, with the upgrades, do not have any problems that simple regular maintenance will not prevent.

#34 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

I do agree that small features matter. OLED and Macroless would be great. But I don't think the DM performs so poorly that Dye would go under because of it. People who shoot them aren't fanboys just because they shoot them. The Matrix is a great platform, it just leans more towards performance than perks.

I think it'd be neat if they could move the LPR behind the bolt, like the HPR in the DAM. Giving the marker a lower profile would be pretty big step in the right direction.
FEEDBACK +10

#35 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

I hope they revamp the NT, Definately one of the best looking electros, and bring out a pump.

Edited by bassfisher, 07 March 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#36 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

I hope they bring back the NT, it was a cool concept... but what a shame that they spent all that time making it "perfect" and it still didn't perform the way an ego at that price range could... You had to buy the gun crossing your fingers and hoping you got one that worked lol

I have never shot the DM but I know that the DM series is a LOT more reliable

#37 legomyego93

legomyego93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

See I actually like the macroline! if a line breaks or starts leaking its a easy fix, unlike the air going threw the tank its alot eaiser to break. I really think there doing just fine.

#38 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Want to see a dye i4 for larger heads.
That being said, my head can still fit the normal i4's like a glove, it's just that tons of people are missing out or avoiding the i4's because it's so tiny.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 29 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#39 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Bigger I4s.

Smaller profile DM

DAM little brother "a tacticool pistol"

And a nice poppit would be cool.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#40 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

1. Gear that isn't horribly overpriced
2. DM14 that isn't secretly a DM8
3. Gear that isn't super overpriced
4. A new Hopper, that isn't overpriced

I honestly don't see how dye stays in business. Their top end markers are garbage compared to their competition, their products (rotor aside) are built like trash and they charge rediculous amounts of money for products that hardly stand out.
What I Rock:
Marker: Clone GT/Etek4 Pooty style
Mask: Grill/i4
Hopper: Spire/Rotor
Deadmau5 beanie

#41 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Honetly you have no point. There is a reason car companies spend billions of dollars every year updating their products. Nobody needs power windows, 5.1 surround sound, sun/moon roof or heated seats, but these additions sell like crazy. The reason is simple, convenience sells. And if I am going to pay over 1000$ for a marker it better stand up to the competion. The DM series doesn't. I can spend another 200$ and get a marker that is more reliable and efficient AND is lineless with an OLED. If for some reason you want to sit there counting lights blink because the future and technology scare you, that's on you. Just don't go around preaching that inovation is a bad thing.
What I Rock:
Deadmau5 beanie

#42 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

As long as people continue to purchase the new DM each year we won't see any changes in the platform.

#43 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Dye is in the same position WDP was in. They have a product that is about as good as it's going to get, so any changes are going to just shifting aesthetics. Their best bet is to start working on something completely new before stagnation sets in.

#44 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

whats next for dye?

Dm14, and DAM 2, and different colors and fills on their paint. of course all the old soft goods pattern differently for the new line.

That's it.

Edited by Praetorian, 30 April 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#45 Totes Magotes

Totes Magotes

Latress on the menjay.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

I honestly don't see how dye stays in business. Their top end markers are garbage compared to their competition, their products (rotor aside) are built like trash and they charge rediculous amounts of money for products that hardly stand out.

Sounds a lot like Apple. Apple has tons of haters and they do charge a lot for what you get yet they make millions of dollars each year.

Dye has a huge fan base that will buy new products they crank out. So until they lose a significant amount of those people they won't do anything drastic to the DM most likely. That's how they stay in business
Posted Image

#46 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Every time I go to a field I always see a Matrix. It may not be a the new DM12 or 13, but there is always a matrix floating around some where.

#47 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I completely agree with you that if an OLED board and macroless design are your top priorities, Dye is not the marker manufacturer for you, at least not in 2013. That's obvious. But given that Dye has built a very successful brand and business, I would think the interesting question for you, for whom Dye's products are not attractive, would be "How?" Over the years, an awful lot of people and companies have gone broke while lamenting the stupidity of the customers who weren't buying from them. To put it a different way, it sounds like it's obvious to you what Dye has done wrong. But working backward from the fact that they're pretty successful, what have they done right? I don't know much about their financial results, but one place I'd be interested to look would be the relative profitability and sizes of their hard goods and soft goods businesses. Without knowing, I suspect that the hard goods business is a loss leader, or at least very small relative to their soft goods business. Dye's hard goods business (markers, masks, loaders, bottles, parts) allows them to sell lots of branded fabric items which have much higher gross margins (and volume). But like I said, that's just a guess.

Different but related note: I'll argue that Dye is the premium provider of sub-$300 spool-valve speedball markers. Of course they're all used. ;)

#48 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I never said the OLED or line make the marker, but the dm13 is at the bottom of the top end markers in both performance and conveneince. How they stay in business (in my opinion) is the rotor. I see more rotors than any other hopper. The i4s are alright, they are cheaply made but that is w/e. I will also say that every field I have ever been to uses the rail as their "upgraded" marker. The issue that gets me is how overpriced their products are.
What I Rock:
Deadmau5 beanie

#49 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

I never said the OLED or line make the marker, but the dm13 is at the bottom of the top end markers in both performance and conveneince. How they stay in business (in my opinion) is the rotor. I see more rotors than any other hopper. The i4s are alright, they are cheaply made but that is w/e. I will also say that every field I have ever been to uses the rail as their "upgraded" marker. The issue that gets me is how overpriced their products are.

woah buddy the dm13 is a dm. Solid platform and a well performing one. Theres a reason it still sells. The i4'ss are definetly not cheaply made, the materials are ergonomically friendly to most people not to mention the field of view is fantastic. You are terribly misinformed.

The only failures Dye has made are:
1. SLG
2. rotor speedfeed
3. the original NT

(recently)
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#50 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

woah buddy the dm13 is a dm. Solid platform and a well performing one. Theres a reason it still sells. The i4'ss are definetly not cheaply made, the materials are ergonomically friendly to most people not to mention the field of view is fantastic. You are terribly misinformed.

The only failures Dye has made are:
1. SLG
2. rotor speedfeed
3. the original NT

(recently)

This is not misimformation. The DM13 just doesnt compete with the other markers in it's price range (spool or pop). And as for the i4, I have had them for 3 months and the glkue they use is trash. The pads on the side have started to come of and the velcro has come off. Considering how much I baby my gear this is 10000% unacceptable. Yes they are VERY comfortable and have a great FOV, but I can't justify buying one if it will only last a few months.
What I Rock:
Deadmau5 beanie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users