Photo

New 2012 Alien Invasion vs. New Etek 4 LT

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: New 2012 Alien Invasion vs. New Etek 4 LT (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Which gun?

1. Etek 4 LT (8 votes [21.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.62%

2. 2012 Alien Invasion (26 votes [70.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.27%

3. Other (specify) (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Title says it all. Same price, similar features. Which one and why?

#2 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

The Invasion destroys the etek in every way. With the invasion you are getting a high-end at a mid-end cost. The invasion is smoother, quieter, easier to maintain, more reliable, etc. It can compete with the ego11 and g6r. The Invasion has the best pieces of every gun put in to one gun. It destroys every marker in the mid-range category.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Invasion by far.

#4 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Invasion/axe > drone > etek
I grabbed a drone because I prefer having a macroline for now and didn't like the axes ergos. Also I prefer spools, so you may prefer the etek over the drone. But seriously, the invasion is the best bang for your buck.

#5 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Only thin the invasion does't do well in is the milling and colors bu, that is highly subjective
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Only thin the invasion does't do well in is the milling and colors bu, that is highly subjective

They have new anno colors now too.

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

They have orange. But eteks suck. Alien invasions are so much better, although lacking a bit in the fancy milling.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Alien invasion's are very good, comparing it to an ETEK is very hard and the ETEK is not a bad marker. The invasion is just that much better! i would suggest the invasion unless you care more about looks then performance because the Invasion is usually not the best looking marker to most people! I have an invasion coming in the mail soon as well! Any question's you'd like to ask, just ask, I can try to answer and Jack Rice (owner of Alien paintball) might also help you out.
109.gif

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Ok well I got a question:
How id the packaging on the Alien Invasion? Cause Eclipse has sexy packaging, and there are no unboxing videos or anything of it.

#10 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

How id the packaging on the Alien Invasion? Cause Eclipse has sexy packaging, and there are no unboxing videos or anything of it.

Well, here ya go haha

Alien Invasion Unboxing/Review

#11 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

The packaging isn't bad IMO I know your watching the video but I just thought I'd out it out there that the invasion comes in a gat wrap, it's obviously not as good as a hard case but it still does the job better then most soft case bags I don't use factory packages anyways I have like 56 gun bags from my gear bags....
109.gif

#12 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Personally packaging isnt a big deal at all to me, I could care less, as long as its not in a styrofoam box. Then I would be upset.

#13 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Personally packaging isnt a big deal at all to me, I could care less, as long as its not in a styrofoam box. Then I would be upset.

Something tell's me you wouldn't have like the Angel A1 series aha, the AR:K and SB sure but not the a1s...
109.gif

#14 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Something tell's me you wouldn't have like the Angel A1 series aha, the AR:K and SB sure but not the a1s...

Thats dumb. Styrofoam gets everywhere! hahah the A1's looks so cool to me though too!

#15 destrega

destrega

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

After owning both, the etek4 for the latter part of last season and the Invasion for the start of this season. I can honestly say that the Invasion is better than the etek4, the invasion shoots smoother and its designed better (my opinion). The one and only time I had to deal with customer service I dealt directly with Jack Rice and the problem was resolved very quickly. The packaging may not be as good, as the Alien comes in a gat wrap and you get nothing else, but that shouldn't deter you from buying the marker. It does feel better and less bulky in the hands, and you if you do get one you get to be more unique than most of the other people on your field. Also for $499 it's the same price as the Etek LT and to be honest I still personally perfer to have a all aluminum marker, there's nothing wrong with the composite frames on the LT but I still prefer aluminum.
People need to realize that paintball is an expense, not a investment.

#16 slippyslope

slippyslope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

You have to get a planet eclipse Etek 4. Its a phenomenal marker. If you want to go with some different get an Etek 4. The Etek 4 like no other paintball marker for its' price range. From the first Etek back in 2009, the etek 4 has only been refined and improved. The Etek 4 is also back by one of the greatest paintball company in the industry. From that, planet eclipse provides everything you need to not only start enjoy paintball with your new marker but also enough tools and spare parts to keep you in the game, something very important to consider when parts and maintains becomes an expense [Long term > Short term]. With a so many great choices in the aftermarket scene, the etek 4 has as the feel of a the high-end marker. The sound signature is unique and be intimidating against the opposing team.

#17 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

The Etek 4 is one of the worst performing poppets outside of the low ends in modern paintball. And the feel is not like a high end, although it isnt bad. The Invasions performance is better in every aspect when compared with the Etek 4, and I would shoot the Invasion over any of the Egos (although I have no experience with this new Ego that is coming out) so that pretty much removes the Etek 4 without problems. I have had two Etek 2s, and an Etek 3. Nothing special, nothing great. And the sound signature is unique for paintball I suppose, since it is one of the loudest markers around...
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#18 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

You have to get a planet eclipse Etek 4. Its a phenomenal marker. If you want to go with some different get an Etek 4. The Etek 4 like no other paintball marker for its' price range. From the first Etek back in 2009, the etek 4 has only been refined and improved. The Etek 4 is also back by one of the greatest paintball company in the industry. From that, planet eclipse provides everything you need to not only start enjoy paintball with your new marker but also enough tools and spare parts to keep you in the game, something very important to consider when parts and maintains becomes an expense [Long term > Short term]. With a so many great choices in the aftermarket scene, the etek 4 has as the feel of a the high-end marker. The sound signature is unique and be intimidating against the opposing team.

We got a fanboy over hear.
My Feedback

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

^Thought about saying something, but I was too busy laughing.

#20 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

We got a fanboy over here.

Please don't insult others over their opinions. That was pretty rude. Also you used the wrong Here!
109.gif

#21 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

We got a fanboy over here.

Please don't insult others over their opinions. That was pretty rude. Also you used the wrong Here!

I wasn't insulting, did I use fanboy in a derogatory term? Any way thanks for the spell check. :)
My Feedback

#22 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Th invasion smokes the etek 4 out of the box, in packaging, and when broken in, also u get more for the money. I have both guns and i love my invasion by far.

#23 salb_2

salb_2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

haha i just bought the etek4 on sunday and im reading you guys ripping the shit out of it in favor of some gun ive never heard of (just getting back into paintball after abt 10yrs). I have to laugh, otherwise id be crying lol. FYI Im inclined to belive you guys, its does sound a hell of a lot quieter (important bc i like woodsball), and its even more efficient. My only consolation is that i got it for $400 after trading in a 10+ year old smartparts impulse vision that was one major malfunction away from being a glorified paperweight. Now im gonna go check out that alien gun

#24 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

haha i just bought the etek4 on sunday and im reading you guys ripping the shit out of it in favor of some gun ive never heard of (just getting back into paintball after abt 10yrs). I have to laugh, otherwise id be crying lol. FYI Im inclined to belive you guys, its does sound a hell of a lot quieter (important bc i like woodsball), and its even more efficient. My only consolation is that i got it for $400 after trading in a 10+ year old smartparts impulse vision that was one major malfunction away from being a glorified paperweight. Now im gonna go check out that alien gun

The Invasion shoots better than egos man. It really does destroy the etek 4 Posted Image

#25 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Invasion > Etek

#26 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt hole.

#27 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt hole.

how do I quote this and put this in my signature!
My Feedback

#28 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

how do I quote this and put this in my signature!

Copy and paste the quote like you would see it in the text box

#29 salb_2

salb_2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

The Invasion shoots better than egos man. It really does destroy the etek 4 Posted Image

Yea this sucks. I looked into it a lot before buying and all i kept seeing was etha, mini, axe, fusion, and etek4. Somehow i didnt hear a peep abt the invasion. The shop i bought it at highly recommended anything PE, and the dude on line next to me chimes in abt how much he loves the etek4 so i bought it. Only put abt 50 balls through it and I can already tell that i gotta do something to quiet this thing down. Similar sound to 12yr old basic spyder (deluxe) with 14" smartparts teardrop barrel on it. Crazy!

#30 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yea this sucks. I looked into it a lot before buying and all i kept seeing was etha, mini, axe, fusion, and etek4. Somehow i didnt hear a peep abt the invasion. The shop i bought it at highly recommended anything PE, and the dude on line next to me chimes in abt how much he loves the etek4 so i bought it. Only put abt 50 balls through it and I can already tell that i gotta do something to quiet this thing down. Similar sound to 12yr old basic spyder (deluxe) with 14" smartparts teardrop barrel on it. Crazy!

Take it back and buy an invasion? lol

#31 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Sell it to the fanboy about 10 posts up. He'll give you $650 and a used kleenex for it :D :P

#32 zcannon14

zcannon14

It started with a rail review......It escalated quickly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Sell it to the fanboy about 10 posts up. He'll give you $650 and a used kleenex for it :D :P

Haha

any1 like my new signature, thanks pandaman

This is the invasion that is I'm getting soon

Looks sicka dn comes in a gat wrap. Which I like better than the hard case

Dangit my signature didnt work this is what it was supposed to be

Panda Man, on 19 March 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

Attached Files

[quote name='Panda Man' timestamp='1363665880' post='3177453']
The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt

WTB upgraded ion board
WTB bob long marq style guns

#33 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Go up to the comment, hit reply in the bottom left, copy that, then paste that in your signature. (I think)

Invasion looks good! Good luck to you

Edited by Filmer_jake, 19 April 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#34 zcannon14

zcannon14

It started with a rail review......It escalated quickly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

There i think i got it
[quote name='Panda Man' timestamp='1363665880' post='3177453']
The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt

WTB upgraded ion board
WTB bob long marq style guns

#35 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

If you have $500 to spend on a marker and you like PE, why not look at used Ego's? Or how about a 2011 G6R? There is so much more you could do used, and when you buy used if you get a gun that turns out to not be what you wanted, you can turn around and sell it without taking a hit in the bank. If you buy a gun for $500 used, more than likely in 2 months it is still gonna be worth $500 used. Unless the next gen of that gun comes out, then it will prolly drop in price. Since it seems you like poppets and you have $500 here are some guns I could recommend:
Ego's
G6R's
Cyborgs
Axe Pro/LE (kinda subjective really)
etc. There is really a lot

#36 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

If you have $500 to spend on a marker and you like PE, why not look at used Ego's? Or how about a 2011 G6R? There is so much more you could do used, and when you buy used if you get a gun that turns out to not be what you wanted, you can turn around and sell it without taking a hit in the bank. If you buy a gun for $500 used, more than likely in 2 months it is still gonna be worth $500 used. Unless the next gen of that gun comes out, then it will prolly drop in price. Since it seems you like poppets and you have $500 here are some guns I could recommend:
Ego's
G6R's
Cyborgs

The invasion really shoots better than egos, it shoots very similar to a g6r but for less money, can't say about a cyborg but cyborgs are older, shoots better than an axe pro. The invasion is truly the best marker for your money.

#37 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Ego's
G6R's
Cyborgs

The invasion really shoots better than egos, it shoots very similar to a g6r but for less money, can't say about a cyborg but cyborgs are older, shoots better than an axe pro. The invasion is truly the best marker for your money.

Shot the Invasion, shot is not better then an Ego. Probably about equal, Ego 11 would definitely be better with being able to control the noid (I am saying like a few percent difference, not huge here). G6R is by far a smoother shot, and Cyborgs are great little gats. Axe Pro, eh Axes are some of the smoothest shooting poppets out there with one of the best triggers in paintball. Then again, we are trying to argue opinion so we are both right.
tl;dr: Buy used and be happier

#38 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Ego's
G6R's
Cyborgs

Shot the Invasion, shot is not better then an Ego. Probably about equal, Ego 11 would definitely be better with being able to control the noid (I am saying like a few percent difference, not huge here). G6R is by far a smoother shot, and Cyborgs are great little gats. Axe Pro, eh Axes are some of the smoothest shooting poppets out there with one of the best triggers in paintball. Then again, we are trying to argue opinion so we are both right.

A tuned invasion will shoot better than an ego10, ive shot an ego10, havent shot an 11. But you are suggesting a used ego so ego 9 or 8 around this price range and the alien kills it. My alien shoots better than my brothers axe. The invasion has everything in it that a g6r does and even some better parts which makes it just like a g6r.

#39 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Ego's
G6R's
Cyborgs

A tuned invasion will shoot better than an ego10, ive shot an ego10, havent shot an 11. But you are suggesting a used ego so ego 9 or 8 around this price range and the alien kills it. My alien shoots better than my brothers axe. The invasion has everything in it that a g6r does and even some better parts which makes it just like a g6r.

Wisely said. :tup:
My Feedback

#40 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Ego's
G6R's
Cyborgs

Not wisely said, I have an invasion, and it most definitely does not shoot like a G6r, I'd show you pictures but it's on its way to jack rice. It shoots closer to a g6r then it does to a gun like an ego but it is it's own gun. The only thing it's in my opinion the best at is it's maintainence. And that's it.

109.gif

#41 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Ego's
G6R's
Cyborgs

Not wisely said, I have an invasion, and it most definitely does not shoot like a G6r, I'd show you pictures but it's on its way to jack rice. It shoots closer to a g6r then it does to a gun like an ego but it is it's own gun. The only thing it's in my opinion the best at is it's maintainence. And that's it.

I meant just the part with the invasion shooting better than the ego 9 and 10.
My Feedback

#42 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

between the etek 4 and invasion, invasion. I would still rather have an axe over the invasion because alien just seems too small of a company, i have never seen an invasion in person, and you can't beat KEE's CS

#43 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

between the etek 4 and invasion, invasion. I would still rather have an axe over the invasion because alien just seems too small of a company, i have never seen an invasion in person, and you can't beat KEE's CS

Only relevant point here is that KEE has amazing customer service. The other two are pretty silly reasons not to buy something, especially in the paintball industry.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users