• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Do all the Planet Eclipse barrels that are two piece have reverse threads to separate them? Or is there anything on this or the barrels themselves in the manuals? Just wondering because the last owner of my Ego 8 for whatever reason wanted the barrel tip off and didn't clue in reverse threads, thus getting two pairs of pliers and trying to force them apart the conventional way and voila! Nice marring scrape marks! I think it is something that should have been put in the manual for the one I downloaded that looks like the legit Ego 8 manual, but nothing on the removal and separation of the barrel. Obviously it's not common knowledge. Thanks.
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

The ego 08's barrel threads are regular. I think they started it with the shaft 3 barrel.

#3 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

The ego 08's barrel threads are regular. I think they started it with the shaft 3 barrel.

This Shaft 2 barrel has the reverse thread tip as well. When I brought the gun home and gave it my 1st real tear down inspection, I too wanted to separate the barrel tip and back and also didn't realize it was reverse thread (thanks to all those Dye barrels) so couldn't get them to budge. So I just googled the Shaft 2 Barrel and bingo found out reverse threading.

Up to this point I figured the scrape marks were just from super aggressive play but as i turned the barrel pieces apart i quickly realized what those marks were-buddy before me tried pliers in a frantic effort not knowing they turned the other way.

#4 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

You're right, for some reason I always thought they started the reverse threading with the shaft 3s..

#5 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Thank God a bit of marring is all that happened. Barrel still perfect inside and shoots great true ropes of paint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users