• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 InsaneoMan

InsaneoMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

im upgrading from my spyder Xtra to the world of electros so me and a few friends can hopefully play in some tourneys. i was looking to maybe spend around $500-$600. the guns i were looking at were the Etek 2, Protoge, and a Used Ego 08 (if i could get my hands on one for that price). which one should i go for, and what are other good options in this price range. Preferably a poppet style as we mostly play on a homebuilt course with a couple scubas for air refills, and i like the way they feel.

#2 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

A used vice for around $600 will be easier to find than an ego8 and they're pretty much dead even performance wise.

If I were you I'd look for a Vice. After that, I'd get a protoge. Killer gun for $550. After that definitely a PM8.

The choice between the Protoge and PM8 is a hard one, but I still think I'd go protoge

Edited by `kook, 26 March 2009 - 01:06 AM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#3 pb massacare

pb massacare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

i would recomend a 09 proto slg cause its only $300 and its a very very good gun also for tournoments and use the rest of the money to upgrade it and what not very good gun.
Smart parts ion
Red dye rotor
Pure energy 3000 psi tank

#4 InsaneoMan

InsaneoMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

i would recomend a 09 proto slg cause its only $300 and its a very very good gun also for tournoments and use the rest of the money to upgrade it and what not very good gun.

both of my friends have UL SLGs and they just arent my thing. i want something different. bob long and planet eclipse are two companies that i love, so im looking for something from them. ive already got HPA and a Rotor so all the money is going towards the marker.

#5 donalduck_69

donalduck_69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

Love Ego's. But you can't go wrong with Bob Long! Huh, just made a rhyme. Dork. :rolleyes:
Nate

#6 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

I'd try to find a used Ego 08. It shouldn't be too hard considering brand new ones go for $700.

After that, I would probably get a PM8. They're just excellent markers. I know you said Bob Long or Planet Eclipse, but the PM8 is just good.

Posted Image

#7 klingenberg6

klingenberg6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:58 AM

etek 2 i like them and there are good guns i'd get one if i was going to spend that on a gun

#8 lavalettenj

lavalettenj

Super Elite Senior Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

Protege or used vice. Especially because you said that you liked bob long.

#9 jkooomar

jkooomar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

Go to www.paintballgateway.com you can get a 300 dollar new gun with a 4500 tank and a halo b v35 with rip drive for 500

#10 InsaneoMan

InsaneoMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

Go to www.paintballgateway.com you can get a 300 dollar new gun with a 4500 tank and a halo b v35 with rip drive for 500

like i said earlier, i already have acrossfire 68/45 and a rotor. that budget is for gun only

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users