13 replies to this topic

#1 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

The Hammer 7 have finally reached swedish reatailers and at a price of 1189 kr (185 $, it's cheap trust me, that's what you get for living here.) This puts it in the same price bracket as the Empire Trracer and some of the not so fancy cockerpumps that are out there on the B/S/T.

So my question to you guys is obvouisly which to get. I have only used the Trracer as it's used as rental markers at my field so my experience with pumps is very limited and would like to know the ups and downs of each. If I've understood something correctly cocker aren't exactly easy to work on for a beginner. I personally don't like the offset feedneck on the Trracer, which is probably the biggest drawback for me with that marker.

And after buying a Spire i'm wondering if that would work with any of the markers i've mentioned. I can imagine that it can be diffrent from cocker to cocker but still.

As for the magfed capabillities of the Hammer 7 i think i'm NOT going to use it at least at first. But i do have an idead of running it as a secondary with a 13/3000 and first strikes at biggames and such. But that's think way ahead.

Edit: Whoops, my bad. read you post goddammit.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 08 March 2013 - 03:50 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Get the Hammer 7 if you really want the first strike capability, but if not, a cocker based pump is your best bet

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

I prefer a cocker over a Trracer due to the Trracer's offset feedneck and the fact that the pump handle is around the barrel. I prefer it to be under the barrel, but that's just preference. Also I'm not a huge fan the the semi-milsim look, but again, that's just preference. Not sure about maintenance as I haven't owned either, but between performance, I'd say cocker. Haven't used a Hammer 7 however, but I've heard very few complaints about it.

Edited by Cj R, 08 March 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hammer 7 is pretty awesome from what it seems like. The trracer is too finicky and cheap feeling. Cockers suck for beginners, but pumped cockers, called "snipers", requires very little maintenence.
If you can handle the shipping, paintball gateway sells azodin kaos pumps for 115 bucks.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hammer 7 is pretty awesome from what it seems like. The trracer is too finicky and cheap feeling. Cockers suck for beginners, but pumped cockers, called "snipers", requires very little maintenence.
If you can handle the shipping, paintball gateway sells azodin kaos pumps for 115 bucks.

But we call them cockerpumps in sweden! :(

Anyway, I'm cross between a Hammer 7 and a "Sniper <_<". Don't know if i really want that first strike capability.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 08 March 2013 - 06:31 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well its a nice novelty thing you can try out. First strikes are a blast to shoot every once and a while. Im thinking about getting the hammer 7, until I saw that they were selling the AKP for cheap.

#7 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Well its a nice novelty thing you can try out. First strikes are a blast to shoot every once and a while. Im thinking about getting the hammer 7, until I saw that they were selling the AKP for cheap.

Speaking of first strikes. how long do they last. Do they evetually go bad like regular paint?

o8qo.jpg

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Im sure they do. I use them all the time, but normally right away, so I wouldnt really know.

#9 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Im sure they do. I use them all the time, but normally right away, so I wouldnt really know.

Fuck it, i'm going with the Hammer 7, now i wanna try out first strike rounds :P.

o8qo.jpg

#10 GeoAkuna

GeoAkuna

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

You won't regret your decision. The Hammer 7 is a really fun marker. One gripe I do have with it is getting the blasted feedneck on.

#11 karolinen

karolinen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Why not get it and have it on you're back in a sling on the back take the longshot at stråssa :)

#12 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Why not get it and have it on you're back in a sling on the back take the longshot at stråssa :)

This guy know his shit, yeah that would be kinda awesome, it would pail a little in comparison to everyone who is rocking a DAM, but i just got hardmode on. By the way are you coming to Torsåsbiggame #5 Overlord?

http://www.facebook....n_mall_activity

o8qo.jpg

#13 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

The trracer is too finicky

How is it too finicky?
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#14 karolinen

karolinen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

blah you do fine, iwill not attending that game ill be playing op firststrike on the 20 april i be playing with a blue thechpb jearsey come and say hello.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users