15 replies to this topic

#1 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Got a scenario game coming up on the 16th. One of the game modes we'll be running is "DEMOLITION" where each team has to plant a bomb near the other team's base and guard it till it goes off (3 min timer). For the first 10 mins there is respawn....if you get hit, you WALK back to your start point, wipe off your hit, then run back into the action after the 10 mins is up we go into SUDDEN DEATH..........no respawn. The bomb can be planted/defused as many times as it takes. Should be interesting.......it's the first time I try out that game mode.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since the bomb wont actually "blow up" and the noise it makes when it reaches "0" is too low I am thinking about including a walkie talkie in the briefcase that will allow the ref to listen for the countdown.

BTW im not done yet.........this is still work in progress
Posted Image

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Get an airhorn attached to it.

#3 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Get an airhorn attached to it.

I'd love that only that I wouldn't know the first step on figuring out how when the timer hit's zero the air horn goes off......
Posted Image

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Maybe modify a Megaphones Alarm function from it's electronics board onto the bomb?

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

have a piston turn on at 0 so it hits the cap and makes the sound.

Edited by Red Infinity, 10 March 2013 - 01:57 PM.

RAWR?

#6 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

like I previously stated. I wouldn't know how to even get started on stuff like that. I know the timer board is programmable though so it is possible....I still like the airhorn idea
Posted Image

#7 11Hook

11Hook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Uhm . . . . not to be a killjoy, but be careful with how you store this. I am in "public safety" and a mock up remarkably similar to this resulted in a bomb squad call. Maybe put a note on it in big letters stating it is just a prop even when it is at home. Just a thought, but it does look quite good though.

#8 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Since its stainless and already highly visible I would add something very easily read that says prop on it somewhere. Maybe orange paint or something. I'll admit it looks really sweet but I know its fake. The general public and possibl some players will more than likely not know that, and freak out.

#9 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

I really want someone to do something like this for an event I go to, that looks awesome and should be an amazing game!

Hopefully someone in your area has the knowledge/means to integrate an airhorn into that. You could just include an airhorn in the case for a player to manually sound, but it would be too easy for someone to blow it early and cheat... Maybe you have a ref with each bomb and they watch it? How many refs do you expect to have?

#10 scmillman

scmillman

Courage, Knowledge, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

I have two thoughts.

1 - that looks so real, it's awesome and I want to play a game with something like it.
2 - that looks so real, you need to be VERY, VERY smart where you have it and what you do with it.

Who am I, what am I, and what do I do? I'm a Christian, I'm a Gator, and I'm a drummer.

Feedback - http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214182

#11 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

So we ended up using it 2 weekends ago but the most we did with it was move it about 10 feet. The other team just camped it on the "Demolition" game we played with it.

There's a clip of me going for it in this vid. Got lit up shortly afterwards though

Posted Image

#12 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Everyone loved the look of it though. One of my buddies gave me an old metal suit case he found in his garage. It's a good size to do the air horn smoke-grenade one. I might have to start asking for donations from my group of people that ball with me to make it happen
Posted Image

#13 Blind Eye

Blind Eye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

I have been trying to think of a way to do this but I would like to incorporate a keypad to enter a code.
One thought is to use one of those security alarms like you can get in a pack from lowes/home depot in your case, the ones when you oper a door or window they go off and they are ear bustingly loud.
I would really like to know how you constructed the digiboard and where you got that style of case, I've been looking for that exact same case.
My problem is I don't know the first thing about how to make digiboard/keypad setup.

Great looking bomb man.

#14 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

I have been trying to think of a way to do this but I would like to incorporate a keypad to enter a code.
One thought is to use one of those security alarms like you can get in a pack from lowes/home depot in your case, the ones when you oper a door or window they go off and they are ear bustingly loud.
I would really like to know how you constructed the digiboard and where you got that style of case, I've been looking for that exact same case.
My problem is I don't know the first thing about how to make digiboard/keypad setup.

Great looking bomb man.

Making the actual prop doesnt cost too much, you end up dropping your money on the actual timer unit especially if you want one that can be programed.
I spent $50 on mine, a bit overprice in my opinion but I wouldnt know how to even try to start something that can replicate what it does or have the tools.

Here's a list of how much went into this.

$8.00 Briefcase (poker chip case, got it at a swap meet, talked the guy down from $15
$0.00 "C4" blocks (Old checkbook boxes covered in brown paper bags
$0.00 Map and picture (came in the the elite edition of Call Of Duty MW3
$40.00 Battery suply (portable USB battery that I already owned, use it to charge my phone, GoPro, Camera, and anything else that can be charged with a USB cable)
$6.00 Keypad from some site I found.

Here's how it looks now

Attached Files

• Attached File  bomb.JPG   218.76KB   17 downloads

Edited by StReaKeR, 26 March 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

#15 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Send me a message if interested in some ideas.I run Pull Pin Productions, produce scenarion games and I make my own props...

#16 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

like I previously stated. I wouldn't know how to even get started on stuff like that. I know the timer board is programmable though so it is possible....I still like the airhorn idea

Google is your friend. I'd bet my hat someone knows how to do this.

Uhm . . . . not to be a killjoy, but be careful with how you store this. I am in "public safety" and a mock up remarkably similar to this resulted in a bomb squad call. Maybe put a note on it in big letters stating it is just a prop even when it is at home. Just a thought, but it does look quite good though.

Since its stainless and already highly visible I would add something very easily read that says prop on it somewhere. Maybe orange paint or something. I'll admit it looks really sweet but I know its fake. The general public and possibl some players will more than likely not know that, and freak out.

I have two thoughts.

1 - that looks so real, it's awesome and I want to play a game with something like it.
2 - that looks so real, you need to be VERY, VERY smart where you have it and what you do with it.

What these guys said is definitely a concern. Especially after someone blows people up while they're just innocently running a marathon. You MUST put something on it that says "MOVIE PROP" in big bold letters or something. You may even have to spell it out for dumb people and make sure it says "This is not real" on it.

Edited by Village Idiot, 07 May 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users