• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

I was going to post this as a reply to a thread, but decided it was too lengthy for that, and ranted too much. So i decided to post it here instead. Enjoy.

I don't understand why everyone flips out about people clicking their solenoid. Its not like it's specifically bad on the gun. Its just normal wear on parts, just as if you were shooting it. People put hundreds of cases through guns. Actuating the solenoid without air isn't that big of a deal... I mean, if you wanna flip out about it, flip out whenever people pull the trigger on an electronic gun, cause hell, that's wear on the microswitch. And don't pull a battery out unless you KNOW it is dead, cause that's wear on the connectors. Oh, and don't take your two piece barrel apart, ever! The could degrade the anno on the threads....

Like for shit, calm the fuck down. It's like people who say you need to break in a gun/reg... just backwards. Just let these old ideas die the same death as the accuracy myths please and thank you. End rant.

Tl;dr, I don't like mushrooms.

#2 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

sometimes I pump my marker with no air in it ;) im a naughty boy

#3 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I did that with my old KP once... The whole marker exploded and I had to take it apart.

I love you.

#4 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

I did that with my old KP once... The whole marker exploded and I had to take it apart.

You're lucky that nobody got hurt

#5 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

You're lucky that nobody got hurt

Didn't you read? The KP got hurt.

I love you.

#6 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Aha! So activating the solenoid isn't any worse with or without air?! I always wondered why it would make a difference if the bolt isn't moving.

#7 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Wait... if the whole marker exploded, how would it still be intact for you to then take it apart?

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#8 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Wait... if the whole marker exploded, how would it still be intact for you to then take it apart?

It didn't literally explode... There was no air in it, which was the point. It just kind of messed up the insides pretty bad.

I love you.

#9 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

It was a KP, who cares?
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

I don't shoot my guns because I'm afraid the microswitch will wear out. :dodgy:

#11 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I don't touch my guns because I'm afraid the anno will wear off.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#12 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

I....got nothing. I'm just here continue my rant thread attack. Carry on.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

I dont touch my guns because im scared itll look dirty. I show up nice and clean and aggalicious in my white gear and I realize that arizona is not nice to that color, and one dot of paint is extremely noticable.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

I was going to post this as a reply to a thread, but decided it was too lengthy for that, and ranted too much. So i decided to post it here instead. Enjoy.

I don't understand why everyone flips out about people clicking their solenoid. Its not like it's specifically bad on the gun. Its just normal wear on parts, just as if you were shooting it. People put hundreds of cases through guns. Actuating the solenoid without air isn't that big of a deal... I mean, if you wanna flip out about it, flip out whenever people pull the trigger on an electronic gun, cause hell, that's wear on the microswitch. And don't pull a battery out unless you KNOW it is dead, cause that's wear on the connectors. Oh, and don't take your two piece barrel apart, ever! The could degrade the anno on the threads....

Like for shit, calm the fuck down. It's like people who say you need to break in a gun/reg... just backwards. Just let these old ideas die the same death as the accuracy myths please and thank you. End rant.

Tl;dr, I don't like mushrooms.

Actually, most solenoids are air piloted valves, not direct acting, so the solenoid cycles completely differently with air versus without.

Granted though, it's really not a big deal. The only thing I would suggest is to not just walk the trigger for 30 minutes strait with the solenoid on while watching TV. Listen for the microswitch click, not the solenoid click. Unless you go to extremes like that, it's no biggie. Solenoids really don't fail often, and when they do it's due to something silly like an ETek owner screwed the grip screws in too far and crushed the solenoid, or the ball valve in a Geo1/2 is worn and not sealing properly.

Posted Image

#15 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

When I bought my TM-7 I was told that if I sat at home clicking my solenoid too much, then the grease lubricant used would migrate to one end of the solenoid, causing it to stick either open or closed. This was apparently a known issue with the TM-7 and TM-15. I still do a bit sometimes...

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Wait so its bad to pump and shoot my KP without air? Why?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users