12 replies to this topic

#1 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Ok, so Ive been debating about getting a new open class pump for a while now. The empire Sniper is still an option, but according to everybody, CCM is the way to go. As far as PUMP STROKES go, how does a CCM'd sniper and a T2 compare? Are they the same? is one better? That is going to be the deciding factor in this. Thanks in advance!

#2 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

It all depends how well the sniper is set up. The T2 is guaranteed to have pretty much one of the best pump strokes possible.
Snipers can vary all over the map. You just have to feel it.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#3 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

all depends, you can get a sniper to have a smoother pump stroke if you have the right internals.

#4 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

There are a few points that need to be covered in this comparison in addition to the pump stroke.

First, a Cocker Sniper is not a thing, it's a type or concept. The quality varies widly depending on the body, frame, internals and pump kit you choose. Certainly a differance between a Phycobalistics and a Karnivor, frames, ANS and CCM Pump kits etc.

I am still surprised by the weight when I pick up most Snipers, to me they are very heavy, and clumsey compared to the T2.

Which brings me to my next point, Mid/Half Block verses Full Block - for me, I do not like the balance (more top heavy), nor do I like the bolt or beaver tail hitting my lens.

Reliability, while I have a lot of friends that use and love their Snipers, seems they are constantly working on them at the field, tuning this, fixing that and changing something else. They tell me that it is all part of owning a pump. I guess if you like to tinker. The other thing I notice is most pumpers that use a AC Sniper have several in various states of completion and trim - again, if you like to tinker?

Personally I am a big fan of the Empire Sniper, Sanchez SM-1 and the CCM T2. All are very good quality, short block, light, work well, have dual guide rods, smooth strokes, easy to maintain and service, look great and are still open to tinkering, but only if you want to, not because you have to...

Now, as for the smooth stroke, any of these can be tuned, sprung, polished and lubed into a glassy stroke. Not sure why that is so important, once it is smooth enough, you will never notice it while you are playing and certainly once you are feeding paint into an underbore barrel that will be what you feel most.

CCM T2 if you can and want to afford it, it's a great marker. Great design, quailty, best customer service and made in the USA.

Sanchez Machine SM-1 if you still want American Made and like the idea of choosing some parts.

Empire Sniper, a great kit that needs no upgrades, works well and is a great value.

Now go paint someones face!

Good Luck!

Edited by David A., 23 March 2013 - 09:23 AM.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#5 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys! I picked up an Empire Sniper yesterday and am extremely pleased with it! :)

#6 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Cool, as a piece of advice get some techt gun sav to lube it with.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#7 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

A little late, but thank you sir :)

#8 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

There is almost nowhere on a pump marker that it is appropriate to use grease. Perhaps when overhauling the reg but that's it. You should really avoid any oil as well if at all possible.

#9 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

There is almost nowhere on a pump marker that it is appropriate to use grease. Perhaps when overhauling the reg but that's it. You should really avoid any oil as well if at all possible.

mostly inside the pump kit, I like it better than the stock grease it comes with.

Derp. I thought we were talking about empire snipers. Definately use some sort of oil here.

Edited by bassfisher, 22 April 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#10 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

J12. :wub:

#11 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

mostly inside the pump kit, I like it better than the stock grease it comes with.

Derp. I thought we were talking about empire snipers. Definately use some sort of oil here.

You should not be running grease inside any pump kit. All that does is attract dirt and grit.
You should only need a little oil in the air system very rarely, perhaps never if you do full cleanings and remove the internals (a little oil directly on the part during assembly).
O-ringed bolts can benefit a little from oil or grease impregnation but IMO it's a huge negative to have oil or grease in your top tube, so you should look to remove those o-rings and run dry delrin.
And oh god never, ever, ever put lube on the hammer ...

#12 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the advice, now to strip down my sniper and get rid of the old grease.

#13 Crashkt90

Crashkt90

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

It all depends how well the sniper is set up. The T2 is guaranteed to have pretty much one of the best pump strokes possible.
Snipers can vary all over the map. You just have to feel it.

I'll throw my Phantom up against any CCM.

Reverse Drop Forward Gloss Black Modified Stock Class Phantom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users