• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ProdigyUndead

ProdigyUndead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Looking to get into paintball but know nothing at all about it at the moment. Does anyone have some good suggestions for a good beginner gun. Not too cheap but a really durable one. Just dont need nothing too fancy. Any brands i should lean more towards and any i should steer away from? Help please!

#2 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

obligatory get all other gear first etc etc
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eYcWF-2Hc9k

what i would perhaps suggest
http://www.ansgear.c...allgunblack.htm

Edited by fatalll, 09 March 2013 - 07:26 PM.

http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#3 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

A gun is the last thing on your list of things to buy. Start with a mask. Get something of high quality. V-force Profilers or Grillz, Sly profits, Empire Events or E flexes, Dye I4, Proto Axis, or JT proflex. That's a short list of quality masks.

After a mask, get a loader and a pack, tank, pads, then a gun.

Now, to answer your question, Azodin guns are a good place to start. The GOG eNMEy is a nice beginner gun as well. Keep in mind neither of these guns are electric, if that is a factor of your choice.

Protip: Do not cheap out on important gear. Do NOT cheap out on a mask

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Get a nice highend mask, loader, and tank first.
For a gun, the GoG eNMEy is the first gun I would look at. At this point and time in paintball, they're all pretty durable and reliable. But a brand id avoid looking at is Tippmann, due to the fact that they are not ideal nor worth it for the price they sell for. Very large, very kicky, very loud, and very inefficient, as well as being unregulated.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

You need a nice mask first and foremost. Try to go to a paintball store and try on every mask on the shelf.

Next, a desent loader. You can slap this onto a rental gun and squeze a bit more performance out of it. The empre halo too is great at $75 new. Cheaper used. A good place to look is the bst here.

Next, your own tank. If you can't swing a 4500psi carbon fiber tank, I'd just rent a 3000psi tank from the field or just buy your own if you really want. A 48/3000psi tank runs about $50 or so. A nice 4500psi tank runs about $150 new or $100 or so used. A good place to look for used tanks is swapmytank.com

Now you are ready for your own gun. The reason we recomend getting the other stuff first is so that when you get the gun, you make it perform as good as it can immediately. A crappy gun with a good loader and tank will perform better overall than a high end gun with a crappy shake and shoot loader and a crappy tank.

A good mechanical gun is the gog enemy. Easy maintence, simple design, and blows any other mechanical gun in that price range (new of course) out of the water. It's $120 new I believe. If you want to go electronic, the gog envy is a great choice at $170. I wouldn't advise spending much more than this as a new player. You don't want to blow a ton of cash and end up not liking it as much as you thought. And I also recomend buying your first gun new, as that warranty is a nice bonus, and a lot of pro shops will do free repairs on guns bought in store.

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 09 March 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#6 henchman

henchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Get yourself an Enemy.
Spend the rest of the money you save on a good hopper and mask.

#7 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

i dont understand all this enmy love when the sp1 is on sale cheaper then it.

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

i dont understand all this enmy love when the sp1 is on sale cheaper then it.

Because the eNMEy is more...universal for paintball. The SP1 is more milsim and this a tad longer than a 'speedball style' gun than an eNMEy. It's just more convenient and smaller to hold, which makes it easier to use in airball as well as being nice for woodsball.

#9 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

i dont understand all this enmey love when the sp1 is on sale cheaper then it.

Fixed, and you know maybe noobs shouldn't be getting electros off the get go. Like fuck I had so much fun playing with the eNMEy and a revvy I'm considering to pick one up as my tourney backup until i get the funds to get another backup.

*Says the guy that has the 2012 G6R, with axe pro backup. but don't worry sell one get a decent backup and j12*

See how much fun I'm having with Jonny "Danger" Shultz's (yes from impact and impact echo Jonny) eNMEy he got from world cup

Edited by get.lit.up!, 09 March 2013 - 11:54 PM.

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#10 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

yet i still see it as less functionality for a higher price tag.

and no its no tournament gun, but for its current price point, its a great starter gun.

and im not saying the enmey is not :P but if you only had one gun i believe the sp1 is the overall better option, players interested in woodsball can keep the sp1 for a long time, players interested in speedball will need to upgrade their gun either way players interested in scenario can just run that gun for along time.

the exact same could be said about the enmey but the electronics is really what puts it over the edge for me, its a single trigger semi, fine for noobs, but it also gives full auto and 3 round functionality in a scenario situation.

Edited by fatalll, 10 March 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#11 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Are we really gonna argue about this?

Not a tourney marker in a traditional sense but I would rock that against other local d5, d4 teams and heck lets even say I would have a decent chance against them too. And like frick we have pump teams that play against electros for crying out loud

Not only that do you really want this guy to chop errday? Chances are a grav hopper will be used and put that with full auto, no eyes. Have fun sucker I will get you before on of your curvy ball hits me

Not only that I know noobs that have trouble putting on tanks and maintaining a quick strip bolt. Do you really want to burden them with changing the battery? Not only that but I don't know any noobs that carry spare 9v around and what if the registeration desk/proshop has no battery, well oh shit I guess you are renting today now aren't you?
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#12 Killshot

Killshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Good mask that is comfortable And cheap is the Helix

#13 Genetic Cowlick

Genetic Cowlick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Are we really gonna argue about this?

Not a tourney marker in a traditional sense but I would rock that against other local d5, d4 teams and heck lets even say I would have a decent chance against them too. And like frick we have pump teams that play against electros for crying out loud

Not only that do you really want this guy to chop errday? Chances are a grav hopper will be used and put that with full auto, no eyes. Have fun sucker I will get you before on of your curvy ball hits me

Not only that I know noobs that have trouble putting on tanks and maintaining a quick strip bolt. Do you really want to burden them with changing the battery? Not only that but I don't know any noobs that carry spare 9v around and what if the registeration desk/proshop has no battery, well oh shit I guess you are renting today now aren't you?

This doesn't even make any sense. They both work on the low force bolt system which is pretty much impossible to chop with. A battery really I am pretty sure changing a battery isn't going to require that much effort
it's plain durex lube that i've got... i've just split up with my girlfreind so im not going to be using it for anything else... i'ts a blowback marker?

#14 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

This doesn't even make any sense. They both work on the low force bolt system which is pretty much impossible to chop with. A battery really I am pretty sure changing a battery isn't going to require that much effort

^ and they will only forget the battery once. we have all done it. but no, don't get an electric gun because you might forget a battery.

#15 Genetic Cowlick

Genetic Cowlick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

This guy must be so confused right now

Attached Files

it's plain durex lube that i've got... i've just split up with my girlfreind so im not going to be using it for anything else... i'ts a blowback marker?

#16 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

You can buy the gun first or last, it doesn't matter. Tippman makes a decent marker, so does Spyder to start off with. CO2 is fine also and alot cheaper unless you start off with man electro, in which case you are going to freeze the bottle by shooting the gas out quicker than the liquid can convert. Halo/reloader hoppers are good, but you can get by fine with a revolution to start with. Try different masks and see what fits best and is in your price range, just make sure it has a thermal lens so it doesn't fog. Also don't worry about pads and jerseys and pants until you find you need them. You can play just fine in jeans and a t shirt. You should probably pick up some kind of pod holder or harness that will hold at least two pods. You can get one that will attach to a belt for $10.

I wouldn't get too deep into spending money til you are sure this a sport you want to stick with.

#17 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

You can buy the gun first or last, it doesn't matter. Tippman makes a decent marker, so does Spyder to start off with. CO2 is fine also and alot cheaper unless you start off with man electro, in which case you are going to freeze the bottle by shooting the gas out quicker than the liquid can convert. Halo/reloader hoppers are good, but you can get by fine with a revolution to start with. Try different masks and see what fits best and is in your price range, just make sure it has a thermal lens so it doesn't fog. Also don't worry about pads and jerseys and pants until you find you need them. You can play just fine in jeans and a t shirt. You should probably pick up some kind of pod holder or harness that will hold at least two pods. You can get one that will attach to a belt for $10.

I wouldn't get too deep into spending money til you are sure this a sport you want to stick with.

What he said. Instead of spending $130 on a gun, spend $30 on a spyder or $50 on a tippmann. Learn how they work. Learn the game. Get a good mask first and foremost. There are lots of great masks out there for $50. If you plan to stick around after that, then sell of your old gun (or keep it as a back up or loaner) and get a new one.

#18 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

lol no. The foam is hard and wont hug your face. I found it to be quite uncomfortable, but I find all empire masks to be uncomfortable on my face.

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

lol no. The foam is hard and wont hug your face. I found it to be quite uncomfortable, but I find all empire masks to be uncomfortable on my face.

What about the Eflex?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users