Photo

Empire Axe vs Proto Reflex Rail

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Empire Axe vs Proto Reflex Rail (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one?

1. Empire Axe (13 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ppbr2321

ppbr2321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

First off, sorry i messed up on the poll. feel free to ignore it unless you're voting for the axe.
My current setup is a 13/3000 air tank, shake and shoot hopper, and Azodin Kaos. (Just bought an Invert Too).
I've been saving up, and I've decided on the two above. I don't plan on making any upgrades to the marker, or my setup (if I go with the axe, I might get a lurker bolt and eigen barrel.
I need something that balances out in performance, features, and efficiency. I know the reflex is an air hog (I need efficiency as I have a small tank), but if it balances out in performance - ill go for it. The most important thing for me is performance, it doesn't have to have any excess bells and whistles.
And would the invert too be a good loader for either of these? I can still get another loader.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by ppbr2321, 09 March 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#2 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Is get a higher capacity tank before anything. A 13/3000 isn't enough for any electro. You will blow through that bit of air before you can say all the months in order. If you are going to shoot slowly and single shot it, don't bother with a new gun. Your kaos already does that.

But yes the invert too is a fine loader for any gun. Loaders are kind of universal. You can slap it on most any gun and it will work well.

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 09 March 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#3 ppbr2321

ppbr2321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

My local field rents out ninja tanks for about $5-$10. I am planning to get a new tank soon though. I really need to know what marker to get though. But I the previous criteria still apply as its a BIG pain to get air at my field.

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Axe just because it is a better marker and more efficient.

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

If air fills are a pain, id go for the axe since it has superior efficiency while still having a good quality shot. It's trigger is very good as well.

I personally prefer the reflex rail, but efficiency isn't a big deal to me. It shoots a bit smoother, looks better to me, and also has a good trigger. Either way, they are both good choices and you won't regret either.

#6 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Is get a higher capacity tank before anything. A 13/3000 isn't enough for any electro. You will blow through that bit of air before you can say all the months in order. If you are going to shoot slowly and single shot it, don't bother with a new gun. Your kaos already does that.

But yes the invert too is a fine loader for any gun. Loaders are kind of universal. You can slap it on most any gun and it will work well.

13/3000 would typically get 150-200 balls off a tuned mini, have not tried an axe yet. Also screw the halo too, that crappy shell and rotor design, yuck. A used Prophrcy (v1 or v2 even), magna, or other halo can serve you better.

Also not legit enough sir. Unlike myself and members of MCB

/Posted Image
Posted Image

and my old gat (not to worry, my axe is next lol and its that earth color'd one
Posted Image

Also I'm an axe lover, but I have shot DMs before (close enough) and they are not too bad either. but Axe takes it for me even though its personal preference

Edited by get.lit.up!, 10 March 2013 - 12:18 AM.

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#7 ppbr2321

ppbr2321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for the quick replies. And get.lit.up! I love the idea of a backwards facing tank - I've got to try that. I will also look for a used prophecy. Thanks to all of you!

#8 thomas taylor fan 77

thomas taylor fan 77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Have you looked at the macdev drone dx?

#9 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Out of the two I just have to say the axe, it is more efficient, and while I'm not a fan of the front grip, it shoots fantastically. Great marker

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#10 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for the quick replies. And get.lit.up! I love the idea of a backwards facing tank - I've got to try that. I will also look for a used prophecy. Thanks to all of you!

If you already have an invert too then keep it it's fine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users