• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cummins4life

Cummins4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

I am struggling with weight loss last year I was in a motorcycle accident and received a 3rd degree burn on my leg witch I was payed up in the hospital for 3 weeks and couldn't do Much. Before the accident I was 5,10 roughly 160 pounds the way I could stay in shape was soccer now I can't play because of nerve pain. Now I'm 220 pounds and I cant seem to shake it.

For breakfast I eat two eggs with cheese and two bottles of water

Lunch I do not eat Lunch because my collage classes are crammed around 11-1

Dinner is normally white meats and salad.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Image
The burn ^

#2 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

don't underestimate the power of light cardio. Walking, swimming, bike riding.

If you are legitimately eating what you claim above, I think you need to see your doctor and get some tests done. Thyroid issues, etc, there has got to be a reason why you're putting on weight on such a light diet

Two eggs is about 140 calories

White meat and salad, that doesn't sound like much above 400 calories

A 540 calorie diet would starve most people into the hospital in just a couple weeks. So something has got to be off. Maybe your cortisol levels are through the roof (lack of sleep, stress, too much caffeine, etc), but something doesn't seem right.

#3 Cummins4life

Cummins4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

The sleep thing and caffeine probably because i work a night job and get like 2-3 hours of sleep before class

#4 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Calories that low will put your metabolism in the toilet, halting any weight loss. It seems counter productive but you need to eat more, and more often. Try to find some low sugar protein bars you can eat before class. It takes some time but prepping a few simple meals you can put in a cooler is the easiest way to make sure you have food on hand if time is short.

#5 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

Calories that low will put your metabolism in the toilet, halting any weight loss. It seems counter productive but you need to eat more, and more often. Try to find some low sugar protein bars you can eat before class. It takes some time but prepping a few simple meals you can put in a cooler is the easiest way to make sure you have food on hand if time is short.

Totally agree. Mike also said it in his weightloss video which I wanted to say thanks for finally speaking out against rampant weight problems in paintball. 

What your doing is starving your body. Usually most guys physically dont have the will power to do that for very long usually only women can. Not bashing you just saying my whole body would want to kill itself on that eating plan day 2. 

What happens when eatting so little is your brain and body go into survival mode. Your body says I am not getting enough cals to physically survive. So it looks at whats using cal/energy MUSCLE!!!!! Then it starts getting rid of it faster than shockers and their nerve boards. So now instead of your body burning lets say 2400 cals a day your only burning 1400. Well your still over what your eating so your body STOPs any fat loss because it says I may need this if this keeps up. 

Eating more food will help you lose a lot more weight. The problem of where you are at now is you have to introduce more food very slowly. If you go now from 800 cals to 2400 you'll gain so much weight. The reason for this is you have your body trained for low cals giving it a splash of more is going to make your body want to store all of it cause it knows its going to go back to starving. Increase 100-150 cals per 2 days and you should be up and running in 2 weeks and then just taper your cals to your lean body mass and you will be fine.

If that doesn't work which 99% of the time it will I would do what mike said and check in and have a blood panel ran.

Edited by ballsonyourface3395, 07 September 2013 - 02:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users