• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ThePaintballer123

ThePaintballer123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Im doing a project in school and we have to write a persuasive essay and I chose to pursuade people to play paintball. I need a few more Ideas for things that will make more people want to start playing. Any idea helps, TThanks, ThePaintballer123

#2 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

What do you have so far for ideas?

#3 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

I did a similar thing a while back. Some of mine were the athletic aspect, teamwork and the adrenaline rush . Now of course there are many reasons and depending on the teacher you could use war scenario for woodsball or the thrill of shooting someone in speedball. Of course you have to think about what made you come out and try it and use that as ideas
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#4 hughes

hughes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

stress relief,,, nothing like taking your anger out on someone in a game then being friends afterwards

#5 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Try to avoid that paintball is "pretend war". I don't know your teacher, but every older person i've tried to explain paintball to they've almost always shunned it off as a "war game". Even though that's part of the truth, paintball is as we know, far more than that. I'm not saying you should lie, just be aware of what they might think of scenerio games and woodsball.

o8qo.jpg

#6 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Because people who play paintball regularly are actually really cool people. The game is just a bonus, but you get to meet a lot of chill individuals, it's not until money and bragging rights are on the line when all the hot heads arrive.

Just remember about people in this sport. No one Cares about you... In a good way :wub:

#7 ThePaintballer123

ThePaintballer123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Ok tanks, that all helps a lot! I have decided to write the first part about undermining the cons (cost, pain) the second about physical aspect and adrenaline. And the third about teamwork and people you meet. Thanks again.

#8 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Promotes sociability, exercise, teamwork, problem solving skills, builds hand-eye coordination, taking apart markers builds dexterity and mechanical skills, supports small businesses, teaches WHERE and WHEN to shoot, not just to shoot people out of chaos. Builds character as far as determination and people skills. Helps people understand the importance of personal protective equipment and the respect for its uses.

Supports the doing of odd jobs like mowing lawns, dog care, and junk removal people would rather pay someone else to do to earn money for gear and paint. Helps build the community. Even going as far as the fields themselves give kids a place to go to for fun to keep them out of trouble. This last one is a lot for smaller towns like where I come from with massive drug problems, we built a skate park and a small rec center and watched drug related activities drop tremendously.

I can elaborate on anything listed when I get to a computer, phones arent really great for novels.

#9 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Promotes sociability, exercise, teamwork, problem solving skills, builds hand-eye coordination, taking apart markers builds dexterity and mechanical skills, supports small businesses, teaches WHERE and WHEN to shoot, not just to shoot people out of chaos. Builds character as far as determination and people skills. Helps people understand the importance of personal protective equipment and the respect for its uses.

Supports the doing of odd jobs like mowing lawns, dog care, and junk removal people would rather pay someone else to do to earn money for gear and paint. Helps build the community. Even going as far as the fields themselves give kids a place to go to for fun to keep them out of trouble. This last one is a lot for smaller towns like where I come from with massive drug problems, we built a skate park and a small rec center and watched drug related activities drop tremendously.

I can elaborate on anything listed when I get to a computer, phones arent really great for novels.

There you go. All of this.

#10 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Here is the main appeal to paintball. Anyone can play. Your mom, your dad, hell even grandpa could play paintball! Sure you can go out and throw a football or shoot baskets with your old man but paintball will pit you against a multitude of opponents in different settings and game types every time! This is one of the only universally appealing and athletically open sports in the world anyone can enjoy it!

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#11 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

you want to focus on the activity, not the competitive side

focus on paintball being a sport where grandparents can play with their grandchildren, where moms and dads can play with their kids, where brothers and sisters can play side by side.

Tell them a recent paintball game by Greg Hastings is the ONLY "shooting game" with a G rating, and is sold in Scholastic Magazines, because paintball is not a violent sport

Explain them that the fields take great care in providing safe grounds to play, where the grounds are carefully inspected for safe play, everyone uses a certified safety mask, and all markers are chronographed to be uder the sport-mandated velocity limit

Explain that paintball is played in many countries worldwide, and that at the competitive level, teams from all countries, fly to other countries, to compete and play in forgiegn tournaments

Show them the college paintball teams, where colleges have began accepting and providing funding for college paintball clubs

You can put together one hell of a slideshow if you think about the entire sport from top to bottom

#12 ThePaintballer123

ThePaintballer123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for all of the great ideas. My report is almost finished and it looks like an A paper to me. Thanks again

#13 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

stress relief,,, nothing like taking your anger out on someone in a game then being friends afterwards

Hahahaha I think that is the best answer. Guy asks: "Why do you play Paintball?"
kid says: "I like to take my anger out on everyone in Speedball and bunker them just for the heck of it!"

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#14 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

This is kind of ironic sense I was just about to make a topic asking about a paper I need done. The only difference is mine is a informative speech so I was thinking of starting with how it was made then talking about the the current things, then finishing it off with where paintball is heading in the future (The positive not the negative)

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#15 ThePaintballer123

ThePaintballer123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

This is kind of ironic sense I was just about to make a topic asking about a paper I need done. The only difference is mine is a informative speech so I was thinking of starting with how it was made then talking about the the current things, then finishing it off with where paintball is heading in the future (The positive not the negative)

Yah mine is supposed to be persuasive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users